How do I eat all those calories?

Options

Replies

• thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    OP send me a friend request and feel free to pick apart my diary.
    I'll seed you out to my friends list where you'll meet 100s of like minded people.

The premise behind my method is simple:

Give fat a reason not to exist.

You eat right and move right and you'll shed excess fat!
    Simple stuff!

This won't happen if you eat too little btw.
    That give fat a reason to exist once a surplus of calories is introduced.

Savvy?

So can I have some Froot Loops now or WHAT??

Pass the milk. :drinker:

If that's your body in the avatar ill give you anything!
    Sexy BAMF!

Holy ****!
    =D

Awwww, thanks for making my day!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

The profile pic is me, but not the ticker pic. :tongue:
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Fruitloops !!! YUMMY

I would die eating 1200 calories ...and my family would move far, far away!

BAHAHAHAHA--this is SOOO true!! I tried it for a week, and figured that it wasn't worth losing weight if it cost me a divorce.

:devil: Hell hath NO FURY like a woman with no food!!! :devil:

ABSOLUTELY ! :) I am not a happy camper when I have to starve... advice given to my now husband from my ex-husband...."make sure she eats, frequently" LOL
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    OP send me a friend request and feel free to pick apart my diary.
    I'll seed you out to my friends list where you'll meet 100s of like minded people.

The premise behind my method is simple:

Give fat a reason not to exist.

You eat right and move right and you'll shed excess fat!
    Simple stuff!

This won't happen if you eat too little btw.
    That give fat a reason to exist once a surplus of calories is introduced.

Savvy?

So can I have some Froot Loops now or WHAT??

Pass the milk. :drinker:

If that's your body in the avatar ill give you anything!
    Sexy BAMF!

Holy ****!
    =D

Awwww, thanks for making my day!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

The profile pic is me, but not the ticker pic. :tongue:

Hop on over to my camp if you need more friends!
    The list is bountiful!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    OK, all that TDEE and BMR junk is so confusing!!! There are so many different things people say. I recommend putting your info into MFP and trusting it. Don't listen to all that other stuff.. Mostly because What works for on person doesn't always work for another. I completely disagree with that guy who say "You aren't unique like a snowflake" Yes we are. We are all different. If we weren't then we would all weigh the same no matter what. You need to find what works for you. If you can't eat 1800 calories a day, then DON'T!! Do not make yourself sick because some fruit loop halfway around the world who most likely isn't a doctor told you to... You need to trust MFP more than him as this program was designed for this. If it's not working change it up a little. MFP takes in to account how must "work" you do daily.

It's funny that you say we are not all the same, what works for one won't work for all etc, then insist on her only using MFP.

If I followed MFP's advice I'd be eating 1200 cals and making myself ill. TDEE is a far more personalised method. Just because you don't understand how it works, doesn't mean it doesn't work,

and why exactly is Dan a Fruitloop? What an odd thing to say.
    This
    OK, all that TDEE and BMR junk is so confusing!!! There are so many different things people say. I recommend putting your info into MFP and trusting it. Don't listen to all that other stuff.. Mostly because What works for on person doesn't always work for another. I completely disagree with that guy who say "You aren't unique like a snowflake" Yes we are. We are all different. If we weren't then we would all weigh the same no matter what. You need to find what works for you. If you can't eat 1800 calories a day, then DON'T!! Do not make yourself sick because some fruit loop halfway around the world who most likely isn't a doctor told you to... You need to trust MFP more than him as this program was designed for this. If it's not working change it up a little. MFP takes in to account how must "work" you do daily.

My method has worked for about 95% of the clients I've run numbers for.
    I'm currently at 250.
    I give detailed advice reserved through multiple sources and compared to scientific studies/research.
    Everything I've prescribed to others I've done myself.
    I'm currently helping my first MFP client, prepping her for a swimsuit contest.

What have you done to better your peers today?
    I ran 4 sets of numbers (45mins time) and I don't get paid for it.

I'm currently seeking ISSA certification as well as putting myself through school to become a registered dietician in the state of Maryland.
    All while working full tone as a manager of a retail store.

My door is always open to all.
    When you stall, unique snowflake, send me a PM.
    I'll help break your plateau like 100s of others.

Hugs!

haha I love you. This. You have no idea how many people have sent me PMs for help. Hundreds for sure. There's many Oh but it won't work for me because I'm *unique snowflake*. So far nobody has cursed me out and many people have told me they've cried about how much I helped them after they realized it worked and thought it wouldn't work for them and thanked me profusely. It's heart warming. I hate how blinded people are with thyroid problems and such because so many threads here suggest you should eat nothing to be healthy, and that nothing else well work. All I did was told them the truth and told them to do their own research on top of it. So far the only person who it's failed so to speak on with me is a person who gave me his word that he'd give a certain amount of time, didn't listen to a word I said and changed his mind a few days later.

To bad computers can't communicate how thankful they are when I write them nice little programs :happy:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    ...Do not make yourself sick because some fruit loop halfway around the world who most likely isn't a doctor told you to... You need to trust MFP more than him as this program was designed for this....
    I don't suppose it occurred to you that MFP was designed by somebody halfway around the world from the OP who most likely isn't a doctor as well? There's a disclaimer on MFP that none of the advice given by MFP, mods or members should be considered as medical advice, or words to that effect. Explain to me again why the OP should just blindly trust MFP without doing any research, asking any questions or taking any advice from anybody?

Sure, there's some TOTAL fruitloop advice given on these boards...plenty of it. But there are also some people who know what they're talking about and give sound advice. You have to sift through it with the B.S. meter on, but it's there. And if you're referring to Helloitsdan as a "fruitloop" for the advice he gives in his roadmap thread, congratulations - you've just convinced me that you don't have a clue. The methods he advocates are simple and have been used successfully by a lot of people (not just on MFP) for weight loss for many years.

:drinker: :drinker:
  • TonyMK
    TonyMK Posts: 5
    Options
    Some days I struggle to keep to my 1400 calories, and other days struggle to get there.
    Yesterday I ate 1200 calories but burned 1240 calories in the gym.
    I may just eat the same things every day!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Just because you are confused and don't know how to do the simple math to get TDEE and BMR doesn't make it wrong.

Its really not that hard at all.

It's not that' I can't use all the calculators... it's that one site says one thing and another site says another and still another says something else.. One said I should be eating 2000 a day to loose weight.. I didn't even eat that much to start with..

Advice to the OP - Ask your doctor what he/she thinks. The internet is full of all sorts of things...
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Up your water. I see that you are not consuming enough. Check out my diary :-) you need minimum of 8 glasses a day. But, it is recommended that you drink half your weight in ounces daily. Breakfast you need a good rounded breakfast!!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Just because you are confused and don't know how to do the simple math to get TDEE and BMR doesn't make it wrong.

It's not that' I can't use all the calculators... it's that one site says one thing and another site says another and still another says something else.. One said I should be eating 2000 a day to loose weight.. I didn't even eat that much to start with..

Advice to the OP - Ask your doctor what he/she thinks. The internet is full of all sorts of things...
    Easy, do the math yourself, they're based on formulas, and the formulas are easy to find all over books and the internet :)

And if you ate 2000 calories (what the average female needs to consume if they plan on consuming 97-98% of their daily nutrients according to Canada Health/the FDA/the RDI) and gained all kinds of weight, I urge you to seriously consider seeking medical advice, because that's just not right, you probably have some kind of metabolic disease.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Some days I struggle to keep to my 1400 calories, and other days struggle to get there.
    Yesterday I ate 1200 calories but burned 1240 calories in the gym.
    I may just eat the same things every day!

If you burn that much I would suggest you eat 1800 everyday, which would be a small deficit on days you don't workout and large ones on the day you do. This would balance to give you a "safe" weekly deficit. eating 1200 and burning 1240, is like, puking up 40 cals from yesterday and not eating today (-40 net cals, not good)
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options

It sounds to me like you are not one to be bothered with figuring it all out. I used to be that way. It really is a pain but there are trusted sites that DO have this formula that certified nutritionists use which you would pay to have done. The site that 'Fruitloops' linked us to is where you can do it yourself. Do you need help figuring it out because I can help you with it if you want?. Where did you come up with the idea to eat 2000 cals a day?

I'm 43
    Weight 204
    Height 5'4"
    Body Fat index 51% (should be between 18-29%)
    Moderate Activity level exercise 3-5 days week (45 mins ea)

When I calculated my caloric intake it brought me to 2554 calories in order to maintain my weight.
    I deducted 20% (roughly 500 cals) which brought me to about 2000 cals a day.

I was eating only 1200 cals and was feeling horrible, plus not losing any weight (while exercising). Now, on that caloric intake without exercise I was dropping pounds but it wasn't fat. I was losing muscle because I wasnt using it. My understanding is that your body has to burn the fat or it won't leave. So in essence I may have looked like I was shrinking but the fact remains that I was still breathless with headaches, exhausted and sick. I looked like a sunken zombie. Not the picture of health!

If you read the section on the 'skinny fat' you'll understand why this works. Takes a little time to read and absorb, I know I've been back to it several times, but it's worth it and I do hope you will be successful with your weight loss.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    It is easy to eat more calories, and you don't even need to eat a larger quantity of food. Just choose foods that are more calorie dense.

Add avocado to salads and sandwiches
    Add olive oil to soups, sauces, salads
    Avoid diet and lite foods, eat the full fat/calorie versions
    drink more calories (juice or milk are full of calories)
    For milk products choose a higher MF% version (yogurt, cheese, etc)
    eat nuts, seeds and/or dehydrated fruit as a snack
    etc.

PEANUT BUTTER!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is easy to eat more calories, and you don't even need to eat a larger quantity of food. Just choose foods that are more calorie dense.

Add avocado to salads and sandwiches
    Add olive oil to soups, sauces, salads
    Avoid diet and lite foods, eat the full fat/calorie versions
    drink more calories (juice or milk are full of calories)
    For milk products choose a higher MF% version (yogurt, cheese, etc)
    eat nuts, seeds and/or dehydrated fruit as a snack
    etc.

PEANUT BUTTER!!

any type of nut butter or seed butter would work well, as would butter
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I eat 1500-1600 a day but only manage to net around 1100-1200 a day, and that is a struggle. Today I have logged all my meals and what I plan to eat, and I am still 256 calories under. Yesterday I had over 600 calories left at the end of the day and ended up eating a tiny cupcake that had half of that caloric intake. The day before I had over 500 left and ate a frozen burrito. I hate it!! I eat nuts, lean meats, chicken, muti grain bread, cereals, peanut butter, fruits and veggies, but still struggle to get all my calories in. I am only exercising 30minutes a day so it's not like I am overdoing it. I end up eating one unhealthy thing a day just to fill my calories. And I can't just eat, eat, eat all day because I have a family that needs to eat, too and we can't afford to constantly restock the fridge. I am just eating what I can. good luck to you, I hope you can figure it out.
  • AthenaArcher
    AthenaArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nuts,nuts,nuts! are a great way to start!I don't think the ice tea has anything to do with your weight unless it is sweet tea :) a good rule is "eat like a king for breakfast,like a princess for lunch and a starving student for dinner " from your diary you are eating like a 10 year old. Kinder - Pingui, 30 g is like an american Twinkie covered in chocolate at best that could be added as a snack.That is NOT breakfast! neither is just a banana although it could be a snack if you had a glass of milk with it.You should have about 500 calories for breakfast not 125! Most of your food is not bad but you should have 141grams of protein and you are getting about 50 for a guy who wants to build muscle and stay in good health you need more,a lot more!Try eating every two hours and make sure that you have some protein each time.Also you might look at a book called the eat clean diet for men. Good luck! :happy:
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    OK, all that TDEE and BMR junk is so confusing!!! There are so many different things people say. I recommend putting your info into MFP and trusting it. Don't listen to all that other stuff.. Mostly because What works for on person doesn't always work for another. I completely disagree with that guy who say "You aren't unique like a snowflake" Yes we are. We are all different. If we weren't then we would all weigh the same no matter what. You need to find what works for you. If you can't eat 1800 calories a day, then DON'T!! Do not make yourself sick because some fruit loop halfway around the world who most likely isn't a doctor told you to... You need to trust MFP more than him as this program was designed for this. If it's not working change it up a little. MFP takes in to account how must "work" you do.

Nope, Dan is not a fruit loop, he tells it like it is..... I have been following MFP while my boyfriend has been following more of Dan's plan (not officially, but I can see the congruencies) and he has lost 45 lbs - eats when he wants (of course not the junk), exercises, and has lost this weight twice as fast as me. AND HE'S NOT EVER HUNGRY. Following MFP's plan for me (I'm supposed to only eat 1280 calories...... yeah) makes me want to eat my arm DAILY. I'm also training for a marathon, in which this will not help me gain strength and power I need to finish. I followed MFP religiously for a while, lost initially, but now that i'm 36 lbs down, it no longer works. Look at the information on Dan's "roadmap". Plug your numbers in. You shall see! I don't have to tell you what to do or give you advice, you do what's best for you :) Don't starve your body however...... It WILL find ways to protect itself (ie - breaking down muscle, holding on to fat). Oh, and also, get yourself a heart rate monitor for your exercise with a calorie counter. MFP's numbers are SEVERELY off on how many calories you burn during a workout. GOOD LUCK and don't be afraid to eat, just eat the right stuff!!!
  • hkevans724
    Options

It sounds to me like you are not one to be bothered with figuring it all out. I used to be that way. It really is a pain but there are trusted sites that DO have this formula that certified nutritionists use which you would pay to have done. The site that 'Fruitloops' linked us to is where you can do it yourself. Do you need help figuring it out because I can help you with it if you want?. Where did you come up with the idea to eat 2000 cals a day?

I'm 43
    Weight 204
    Height 5'4"

When I calculated my caloric intake it brought me to 2554 calories in order to maintain my weight.

I was eating only 1200 cals and was feeling horrible, plus not losing any weight (while exercising). Now, on that caloric intake without exercise I was dropping pounds but it wasn't fat. I was losing muscle because I wasnt using it. My understanding is that your body has to burn the fat or it won't leave. So in essence I may have looked like I was shrinking but the fact remains that I was still breathless with headaches, exhausted and sick. I looked like a sunken zombie. Not the picture of health!

If you read the section on the 'skinny fat' you'll understand why this works. Takes a little time to read and absorb, I know I've been back to it several times, but it's worth it and I do hope you will be successful with your weight loss.

The Fat 2 Fit Radio site that he had a link too, I put in all the info that it asked for and for Lightly Active, it said I should eat 2206 per day to eat like the skinny person I want to be. I just don't see how that can possibly be right, it seems like so much
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

I'm 43
    Weight 204
    Height 5'4"

The Fat 2 Fit Radio site that he had a link too, I put in all the info that it asked for and for Lightly Active, it said I should eat 2206 per day to eat like the skinny person I want to be. I just don't see how that can possibly be right, it seems like so much

Did you put your current or goal weight in?
    If you put your goal weight, then it gives you the TDEE for your goal weight, but if you put in your current weight, it gives you your current TDEE, and you still need to deduct a deficit.

And I still don't see why that makes Dan a Fruitloop?
  • hkevans724
    Options

I'm 43
    Weight 204
    Height 5'4"

Did you put your current or goal weight in?
    If you put your goal weight, then it gives you the TDEE for your goal weight, but if you put in your current weight, it gives you your current TDEE, and you still need to deduct a deficit.

And I still don't see why that makes Dan a Fruitloop?

It asked me for my current weight and my goal weight and when I put in my info that's what it said.... nothing about subtracting anything It specifically said Eat this many calories.

Helloitsdan- Please excuse me for calling you a fruit loop.
    Dan's follower's - Please excuse me for calling Dan a fruit loop.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

It asked me for my current weight and my goal weight and when I put in my info that's what it said.... nothing about subtracting anything It specifically said Eat this many calories.

Helloitsdan- Please excuse me for calling you a fruit loop.
    Dan's follower's - Please excuse me for calling Dan a fruit loop.

It's ok, we all get a little grouchy on a calorie deficit. After you get it all straightened out, you may decide to call him a Lucky Charm instead. :bigsmile: