Why do girls have to be such bleep bleeps??

Options

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Forget the store manager. She probably already knows and has decided not to do anything. Write to the corporate office. Give names and date and time. Then write about it on their Facebook page. I worked in corporate for 14 years. Trust me, a complaint to the store manager is annoying. A complaint to corporate is much worse. They will end up getting all sorts of attention from district and regional managers, and retraining, and all sorts of unpleasantness. You will get all sorts of apologies and maybe even a gift card. Don't forget to mention how wonderful the other employee was. It will make her day.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Pretty Woman was such a good movie. That is what we're talking about here, right?
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    From my experience women act like that when they are jealous. If it happens again just tell her i asked you for a medium if I wanted a large or size advice i would have asked for it. Please go get me a medium or send someone over who is more helpful. Most catty women back down when you are straight forward and blunt with them.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    double post, sorry
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think im going to post on their facebook page to see what happens because i dont want other people to have to get put down by her! All the other associates in there were great and very helpful! Although being a woman i wanted to take my size medium blouse and size 6 skirt and shove them all up in her face like here's your large girl.. But i didnt because im a nice person.. haha
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    She's just hatin' because you're a hot POA. People who are miserable have to try and knock other people down to make themselves feel better. (screw her!) :angry:
  • Jun3Gl00m
    Jun3Gl00m Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Omgosh, that is horrible that happened to you!! that is TERRIBLE customer service! I work at a national retailer and an associate like that would definitely be let go. Ok, so retail isn't rocket science, but you don't need to be one to know not to be rude!

I would find out who the Regional Manager is, let them know when this happened, which mall/store, the date and the associate's name if you have it. A national retailer like Express is in competition for every person's business and if their associates (and MANAGERS, no less!) can't remember that, then they need to re-evaluate what the heck their business plan is!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yup. I went to a tea party/wedding dress store for my sister's birthday and we were trying on dresses for fun. I was 30lbs heavier than I am now, but still, I was only 160 at 5'7" and I told her I was probably around an 8 and she looked me up and down and picked out one and was like "This looks like your style" it was a size 16. Needless to say, when I put it on it fell off me. But it still suuuuper hurt my feelings that she thought I looked that big... :(

I thank her now because she's been a little thought in the back of my mind during my weight loss experience, I'm a size 4/6 and she can suck it. :)
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I really dont have a lot of weight to lose most of it is my baby pouch from my daughter and i want to be fit and tone otherwise most people think im not overweight but this girl killed my ego today! I dont understand why people have to be like that! ..... So i ended up ditching her and going with a nice sales girl that really helped me out but i left so upset over this other girl trying to make me feel like im a big cow!

*rolls eyes* get over it. the world isn't all unicorns and rainbows.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Why would you all want to try so hard to make someone lose their job?

I wouldn't try to make her lose her job unless I wasn't successful at torturing her. I believe with 100% certainty that the torture would be enough. If one of us is gonna have a bad day in a store, it damn sure is NOT gonna be me. I am a sweetie, but EVIL with provocation.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Call the manager and let them know what happend.

This and she clearly was being a bleep! Don't give her another thought!

Just saw your post about her being manager go up the food chain to corporate ! And Facebook and twitter like others suggested!

no one wants this girl to lose her job, she needs to be trained in customer service.

I'm sure the the stores corporate office would not be happy with the service this girl gave. This is their NAME, their BRAND, and if someone does something to tarnish that, corporate would should be aware & this girl should be re-trained

If your waiter told you he didnt think you needed to order dessert would you tell the manager?
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I really dont have a lot of weight to lose most of it is my baby pouch from my daughter and i want to be fit and tone otherwise most people think im not overweight but this girl killed my ego today! I dont understand why people have to be like that! ..... So i ended up ditching her and going with a nice sales girl that really helped me out but i left so upset over this other girl trying to make me feel like im a big cow!

Seriously! No wonder almost everyone who works in retail hates it so much.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    There are times in life when you need to look a ***** dead in the eye and ask "What the **** is your problem?" This was one of those times. I suggest you get a lot nastier if anyone ever tries to do this to you again.

I also believe an insult is sometimes appropriate. "You know your fat *kitten* can not fit in a dress smaller than one I would need" would have been right on time.

Stand up for yourself, especially to bleeps.

Crystal, I love you. :flowerforyou:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Just saw your post about her being manager go up the food chain to corporate ! And Facebook and twitter like others suggested!

no one wants this girl to lose her job, she needs to be trained in customer service.

I'm sure the the stores corporate office would not be happy with the service this girl gave. This is their NAME, their BRAND, and if someone does something to tarnish that, corporate would should be aware & this girl should be re-trained

If your waiter told you he didnt think you needed to order dessert would you tell the manager?

No, i'd ask him why. Maybe the dessert isn't that good and he's being honest. I've had waiters tell me not to order things before then suggest something else. Since they make most of their money from tips, the waiter would never say to not order something unless they were honestly trying to be helpful.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    What a douche bag! That girl should not be in sales. What an idiot.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I for one know it isnt unicorns and rainbows however i worked in customer service for many years and know that is not how you treat your customers. If you dont care for what i posted you dont have to read it and dont have to leave negative comments because you just add to the cycle of the world not being unicorns and rainbows. This is supposed to be a supportive website is it not? And alls i was doing is asking if this has happened to anyone else nor am i trying to get anyone fired.
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Call Corporate and tell them how you were treated or if they have a web site go to it and leave customer feedback, Usually they tell you that you will be hearing from the manager of that store within so many days, if that does not happen call corporate again and tell them you want to talk to the head honcho, believe me this will get things rolling. No one should be treated that badly.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

SO somebody who's not a b*** gets a job instead? You know, somebody deserving of it?

Why would you try so hard to be a troll?

@OP: Most of the suggestions are good. I know the damage is done but you can let the higher ups know of the problem and hopefully somebody else is saved from such embarrassment. In future, at first sign of trouble be assertive and say "Would you humor me and bring me what I asked you for please?" but has to be in a strong voice that tells them "don't be a B***!"

Good luck and hopefully you can forget the bad experience and focus on your achievements :)
  • maksjo199
    Options
    Well because that's harassment.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Seriously! No wonder almost everyone who works in retail hates it so much.

I'm sorry but if someone refused to do their job, by not giving me the size I wanted when it is my money paying for it. Yeah I'm going to speak up. And I hated retail. Despised it but I was never a bleep bleep to customers. I didn't refuse someone something they wanted if I thought it looked bad on them or didn't fit them. You lose the sale and it's not your place as the sales consultant.