Options

Replies

• katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Still on a roll. No LNS since last Sunday. So I think the score is

Me 19
    LNS 3

It feels pretty natural now, yay. Have I cracked it for life?? I hope so:smooched:

I have just finished a row of 3 nights. I eat at 7pm before work, then not till about 5am or so for a banana, then porridge about 6am, then toast before sleep at half 9. At the moment I have a repairman in the house and desperately need to get to sleep. I'm day dreaming o:tongue: f my lunch
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 19*
    LNS: 3

So many of us kicking August's butt! Way to go everyone--finish strong the last week!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound *crazy*, but here goes: I decided to celebrate my reduction of LNS last night by.....late-night snacking, lol.

Mind you, it was homemade air popcorn (yes, with butter and salt!), so wasn't the WORST of the WORST.

Me: 20
    LNS: 2

I'm going to try and finish off August with only points going to "Me".....because there's no TOM in sight, this should be quite do-able!
  • wayaluna
    wayaluna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance for all us Former:love: LNS YEAH:laugh:

Me: 17
    LNS: 0

It is amazing that the streak goes on! Wow! It is almost magical the way I've been able to say no to LNS.

Keep Going everybody! I agree! Let's end this month on a strongly successful note! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Me-21*
    LNS-1
    :flowerforyou:

I've been absent but ACCOUNTABLE to *NO* Late Night Snacking...I *really* believe my brain is FINALLY saying *NO MORE LNS* after 8pm. Anything I may be craving in terms of snacks I get in earlier in the day so I could work it off. I've been trying to stay away from SUGAR...and thought a drink I ordered was fresh Mango and Strawberry...NOPE...it was artificial...and I paid for it by being SOO SLUGGISH this morning, and having a headache SHEESH. Anyway....I am PROUD of everyone who are finding it easier to NOT LNS because of accountability.

**WayaLuna** You are the GRREATEST CHEERLEADER here for us...THANK YOU!! :heart:
    **Kate** I believe you *have* cracked the old *NO* LNS...and you just continue to stay FOCUSED and EMPOWERED!! :)
    **Beeps** LoL...when you LNS'd to CELEBRATE being soo good NOT LNS'ing I had to laugh! Thanks for your levity and NEW DETERMINTION (big smile)...
    **Gmukris** You have been here long enough to KNOW who has been **kicking butt** with regard to LNS'ing...YES we CAN and WILL finish August strong...:drinker:
    **Trusty** Grrreat Job...eating less junk says a LOT of your accountability here..>WTG :flowerforyou:
    **Dewdrop** You are IINCREDIBLE in that you chose this month to stay accountabile, and you have stumbled...accounted...and back on the road to training the brain to NOT LNS! My hat is off to you!! We will be STRONG in SEPT for sure :):bigsmile: :drinker:

For those I had not commented...I want to pay you the highest compliment of being here and *trying*...cause that *try* will sooon lead to your VICTORY...

Hugs and Smiles...Everyone :heart:
    Deb:love:
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to join in here. I can LITERALLY be perfect up until 7 or 8 pm and then the floodgates are open and all is lost. Lately it's been keeping me at the maintenance stage but I need to drop another 20-30 pounds. Ugh!

Why do I like to go to bed feeling stuffed?
  • debilang
    Options
    I definitely need to join in here. Why do I like to go to bed feeling stuffed?

WELCOME Bonny... I don't think we like to go to bed feeling stuffed...it certainly is not healthy and does lead to weight gain cause our body is soo busy trying to digest...but cannot so easily. Our bodies tend to other parts of our body's organ's..and our digestive system just sits. Just *try* not to eat two hours before bed. Drink tea, water, brush your teeth...be accountable here :) A few nights of NO LNS...and it can turn into a Grrreat Habit :happy: Good Luck!!!

Deb:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • miss_grad
    miss_grad Posts: 102
    Options
    Saw this thread before... After having the late-night munchies, I'm officially in.

Me: 0
    LNS: 1
  • anneruppert
    Options
    I work 3rd shift and exercise after I get home in the morning. But after I get home and eat something healthy, then I want to snack on junk food.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Last night I ate a vegetable omelette, followed by natural yogurt with berries at 5.30pm. Then did interval running with my club. I re fuelled afters with a protein shake and rye toast with organic peanut butter. I am not counting this as late night snacking even though it was about 9.30pm as I do need food after a run.

This morning I ran a couple of miles before breakfast and was ravenous! I felt like I was fading away.

For the next 3 days we are going to Reading Festival. Loads of fab bands and too much unhealthy food available. Luckily I am broke so plan on taking my own food every day to eat well for at least part of the day (too old to camp there these days alongside drunk 17 year olds!!) I will try my hardest to keep strong. I am at my lowest weight all year so hopefully this will be my incentive to keep going.

well done everyone. We are doing brilliantly:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 20*

Finally finishing a month strong! I will continue for the next week and hope to see 28 to 3!!!
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm just now joining in, but here are my stats. This is definitely my biggest challenge! I usually try to make up for it by double exercise the next couple days, but I just wish it was easier!!

ME: 18
    LNS: 5
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    Bombed again....but, my snack was to get my calories to where they needed to be (I significantly underate yesterday - time crunched!).

Me: 20
  • debilang
    Options
    :happy:
    Me-22*
    LNS-1
    :flowerforyou:

Thank goodness for this habit of no LNS...I was craving today...but, when 8pm rolled around I just couldn't put another bite in my mouth...it is saving me...cause I've been off kilter with my eating this last week. Not bad...but not the best...

I enjoy everyone's posts...thanks for sharing! Keep up the good work, or re-determining tomorrow...just NEVER give up!!

Way To Goooo

Deb :love: :drinker:
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 21*

I felt pretty hungry last night after my girls went to bed, but I just remembered this thread and the craving actually subsided! I guess I wasn't actually hungry!!
  • jlgarcia85631
    jlgarcia85631 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great Board nothing after 9pm Starts tonight.
  • etajr
    etajr Posts: 49
    Options
    Are you ruining the efforts you've made during the day to eat clean and exercise by munching late? Are you turning dinner into the most important meal and snacking all the time until you hit the pillow :embarassed: ? Tired of it :grumble: ? Then join us :wink:.

We usually set a cut-off time for accountability. You may, but don't have to go cold turkey on food. Feel free to say "no more junk food past 7 p.m.".

Reporting is in the format:
    Me: "times you won against snacks" - LNS: "points you lost"
    For instance, if you did well until August 5, but then binged before bedtime, then the next morning the score is
    Me: 4 - LNS: 1

Good luck, everyone! :flowerforyou:
    I soooo blew it last night. Broke my rule of thumb. Kitchen closes three hours before bed.
  • couchpotatonomore12
    Options
    Count me in : ) No eating junk after 7pm

Me:- 0
    LNS:- 0
  • Bonny619
    Options
    Ok, starting tonight...crossing my fingers I make it. I'm physically full and I don't want any food at the moment. It's 9pm.

Me: 0
  • Bonny619
    Options
    It's now midnight and I've done it.

Me:1