WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Options

Replies

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    GRRRRRRR No change in weight, but over the summer i did lose 4.5% of my body weight, so that in itself is good! MEg
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,078 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Here we are facing another weekend. I’m hoping we’ll all make fairly healthy choices and stay on course! :love:

For those of you with grandchildren, oh my, I got a lesson in healthy choices yesterday. I met a friend and her little pre-school granddaughter at the new mega-grocery store yesterday and we’d agreed to have breakfast there. I think I would have torn my hair out if I was trying to get that child to eat. After a long protracted period of time going through the healthier choices, the little one ended up with a mega huge frosted cookie and chocolate milk. She only ate some frosting from the top of it and drank about ½ cup of the milk. Then she was wired. We shopped the store and looked around and then this little tiny child says, I’m tired now. I’m thinking, yep, sugar high-sugar crash. I guess this is just normal according to my friend. All of the children in that house will only eat what I consider to be junk food. Poor kids living on zoom and crash--- but what a struggle for the adults who have to deal with this each and every day.

I don’t weigh-in until Sunday but I did sneak on the scale this morning and once again a coincidence, I’d lost a pound and did have salmon for lunch yesterday. :flowerforyou:

I’d best run along and start trying to make an appointment to take my dad to the audiologist next week. Ladies I dread getting hear aids for myself although I’m sure that day will come. My dad complains about everything but his hearing aids are at the top of the list most of the time and he is at the point that there’s no correction that’s really going to help his right ear. After the stroke the already bad right ear has become horrible. I have to take him in every 2 -3 months for tweaking, tube replacement etc. on the hearing aids---that’s just maintenance for him. But we usually end up in the office once a month with his complaints that something is broken.

Be well, thinking of you. :heart:

Lin
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    So today should be a good day because the scale showed a two pound loss. I tend to gauge my diets by the clothes I can fi in.

Fat in my fat clothes
    Fit in my fat clothes
    Skinny in my fat clothes
    Fat in my skinny clothes
    Fit in my skinny clothes
    Skinny in my skinny clothes

And after that it is a matter of losing enough to fit in the smaller sizes that used to be my skinny clothes.
    After a 7 pound loss I tried to slip into a pair of jeans that used to be part of my "fat" clothes. Still couldn't get them on. So basically right now I can fit in my "really" fat clothes (which is good since "not" fitting in them anymore was what motivated me to get started again."

It doesn't help that the sizes in the stores keep getting smaller. Recently since my size 14s were all way too tight, I broke down and decided I had to spend money on the bigger me. Funny, most of the 12's in the store fit me. Thus I gained about 15 pounds and according to Kohl's, I got smaller - NOT!! The 14s in my closet are way smaller than the 12's in the store. And back in the 80's when I was a petite size 9 - well that same nine would be a 0 by today's clothing. Who do they think they are kidding?
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

It’s going to be baked salmon for me tonight, I want those scales to read a loss this coming monday! I love salmon but out here on the prairies it costs a blessed fortune so it is a treat. When I was growing up on the coast of British Columbia we could buy it right off the boats, so much cheaper and so delish! One of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant was cedar-planked salmon in a yogurt dill sauce. It was so good I could have licked the plate clean (I restrained myself.)

Well, I am happy to report that the visitor from HO was a very reasonable woman with a common sense approach who agreed with us about the new edict, it is ridiculous, we are to carry on as usual. Things appear to have calmed down for a while at least but it won’t hurt to dust off the resume and have it spruced up, waiting in the wings.

The half hour walk is proving very enjoyable and the added calories are allowing me an extra piece of fruit with two meals…. Okay, I will admit to having one of my Mexican spiced chocolate chip cookies in place of fruit the day I baked them, but they are now safely down in freezer. I told my son if he wants a sweet, look in the freezer not in the cookie jar, that bit of crockery is on its way out the door.

Last night was a marathon pants hemming with my niece, it’s always last minute with that girl ,lol. While I was sitting there sewing and she was chatting about her wonderful new job, I thought wait a minute, she needs to know that this is a bit of work, not a magic show. I had her try pin up the hem on one pair of her designer pants, the kind with lots of seams, none in the normal place and of course the seams were shirred so they didn’t hang straight. Heeheehee! She was near screaming point when she handed them back over to me, “OMG Auntie, I had no idea it was this hard! I have always loved you but I love you even more for putting up with me and my projects!” I thought the reality check might do her a bit of good, I have always just said yes to the girl even when I wanted to say no, it isn’t convenient right now. Will she think twice the next time she calls? We will see.

Speaking of sewing, I forget who asked about clothing when you go down a size but I finally threw out my old clothes as I just kept going up in sizes not down and they were a constant reminder to me that I was failing. I do sew so I can alter so WHEN I go down a size I can tuck in a seam or two for now. I hate to spend money on a size if I am just passing through (so to speak) but I have friends who shop at the second hand shops in the ‘upper end’ of town when they are on diets and find some marvelous clothing! Maybe I will give that a go when the time comes.

Will have to catch up on everyone's posts after work tonight. Stay strong, enjoy your day and choose happiness♥

Kate
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: TGI Friday and that's not the restaurant:happy:

Mimi- your salad sounded wonderful. I'm not surprised that you are getting mixed messages about the healthy eating at the next family gathering, unfortunately not everyone is into eating healthy and when you look around you can see it everywhere, but you keep bringing healthy to those gatherings and maybe some day the rest of the family will love it too:wink: I am distraught that the study you talked about red meat was sooo not good....when my parents adopted me when I was 16 mo they were given a pink piece of paper (which I found when I was cleaning out their house) and on it was a list of information about me and the one thing on it that my parents told me through my whole life was that it said "loves meat":love: and I still do...give me a roast or a steak and it's really hard for me to only have 3 oz I'd rather have a 9 oz steak over potatoes any day:noway: Now I have to give my red meat serious thought:blushing:

Shawna- my Mom used to be part of TOPS, I'm not sure if she ever truly got the complete program into her thinking as I don't remember her ever losing much weight while she was attending meetings, but it was with several of her friends so it may have just been another social outlet for her. Hope it works better for you.:flowerforyou:

Debi-:flowerforyou: Welcome this is the best place for encouragement, come back often and let us get to know you.

Robin- to have really fresh Salmon that you have caught...that sould taste amazing:drinker:

Meg- sorry you are having conflict with your teenager, since I only had boys we never had hair dye to contend with as my #2 & #3 sons did dye their hair blond once each but did it at someone elses house, then came home to surprise their Mom:wink: boy was it a shocker on my #3 son as his hair is black like mine and he had blond tips and was so proud of it:noway: Hoping that you survive your teenagers:flowerforyou: That receipe sounds wonderful..I'll be cutting and pasting that :drinker: Hoping that you did well on the BLoser work contest...hey that 4.5% is a great loss:drinker: ...I'm sure that with a buddy for the Fall session the two of you will do great, they say that having a buddy is a good thing to keep you motivated...me I have my MFP buddies right here:bigsmile:

Kathy- how is that baby? Hoping that you were able to have a good visit, maybe as your stepdaughter gets older she will outgrow her negative feelings, maybe being a mother and adult will help her understand...11 years is a long time to not accept you but glad she has a good relationship with her dad.:flowerforyou:

mommie55- hoping your bike ride was a fun one:flowerforyou:

Gini- do you know that they make special shorts for biking that have padding in them for the discomfort of the behind? They sell them where ever bikes are sold you should check them out. I have 4 pairs and they do make a difference in how you feel when you are riding for any length of time:flowerforyou:

Carolyn- sounds like you are getting into the swing of the job...planning ahead is the key to success when you have a busy life like many of us do and you are doing a great job:drinker:

Lin- I'm sure if you were to walk your neightborhood you'd find something interesting to see...even if it's the neighbors and their strange goings on:huh: Your shopping / breakfast with your friend sounded a bit like what not to do with a small child:wink: Congrats on sneeking on that scale and for the loss...I think we need to give a cheer to Salmon:drinker:

Jen- with your son overseas for the entire time he's gone whenever you hear from him "flying by the seat of your pants" will become the norm. I was forever trying to find things to talk to my son about that would help keep him in the loop of my life and sometimes it was a challenge and sometimes the conversation was full of talk about the weather:laugh: but we did talk and I always felt better when i hung up the phone having just heard his voice. You will find that this time away will fly by. Loved hearing about your Mom asking if you had weeded the garden....my Mom used to say the same things to me about her Mom (my grandma) and then when I got into my 40's my Mom told me no matter how old you are your will always be the little girl age doesn't matter:wink: Now that's she's gone I miss being her little girl.

DeeDee- no rhyme or reason why or who they edit:noway: Sorry you are still under the weather hoping your are better soon:drinker:

Eileen- so glad you heard from your son, sending him those ice pops made me smile. When our #1 son was in Afghanistan in 2004-2005 when he finally got electric power at his FOB he decided he wanted a microwave, so we found one on sale for $15 and he paid to have it shipped to his FOB it cost about $100 to ship it but then we started sending him things he could microwave...when he first arrived he ate only MRE's for the first 7 months :noway: once we started sending him mac & cheese singles he was over the top with excitement...his tent became very busy with all the guys coming in to cook something better than what the mess hall was serving:laugh:

Janehadji- I too was wondering what he brought back from his trip #200 of luggage...did he buy out the country? When we were visiting Scotland & London in 2009 my husband kept telling everyone that now that I'd bought out all of London & Scotland that Ireland was calling as they needed me to come over and boost their economy too:laugh:

Jane- Ouch! sorry to hear about your tooth:happy:

Barbie- going to a potluck and then not eating...you are an example for us what what we can do if we truly want to reach our goal.:flowerforyou: I'm sure your deer are familiar to your dogs since you see them quite often, our deer at the Resevoir and at the small field we have been seeing them are very tame and are so unafraid of cars, dogs, people, people on bikes, etc that they may or may not even bother to look up at you when you come by.:happy:

Lila- that's not a dream that's a nightmare:noway: having your teeth fall out...then being glad it's just a dream:huh: Sometimes before we head out on a bike ride I just want to say no...but like you once I get out there and get going I'm so glad I did and I love the feeling that I'm doing something good for my body:flowerforyou:

Michele- Yeah getting into the pool for the first time:drinker: so how was it?:huh:

Wessecg- the stores are part of our nations overweight problem, because of how they are sizing clothes those young girls are all thinking that they a smaller then they are:ohwell: Congrats on the loss:flowerforyou: It won't be anytime at all and you will be in those jeans that you were wanting to wear.

Last nights ride was to beat the rainy weather before it arrived, we did get a few sprinkles but still managed to beat the worst of it. When we finally got home and I'd fixed dinner and we'd watched the news that we'd DVR'd hubby looked at me and said it's time for you to go up and get ready for bed...it was already 8:45:noway: That's the one think I don't like about those bike rides after work it's just so late by the time I'm able to sit down and relax and in a flash the evening is over:cry:

Busy weekend ahead, weather should be good for late morning bike rides so am hoping to get in and get my nails done sometime. We will try and see the grandsons this weekend and we have Saturday dinner planned with Son #3 & DIL. I got the call from the escrow office yesterday that they will be overnighting the papers to me to get signed on the sale of my parents home...will be so happy to have that behind me:happy: but first I have to find the title to the home where it was changed from my parents name to my name so I will be going through a lot of paperwork this weekend...not fun:grumble:

I best get busy. Everyone have a good Friday...remember it's a journey we are on to change our lives...drink plenty of water:drinker: log all your food and get some exercise in.

Laura80111:smile:
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Would it be ok if I joined you guys?? I am 52, trying to lose 20 pounds. Married 32 years and have 6 kids and 9 grandkids...........I love to work out but have had enjoyed a little too much vacation and ice cream this summer...........need some help back on the wagon!!
  • ShawnaElston
    ShawnaElston Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone. Happy Friday! I am thankful to be here and your posts have made my day! TOPS meeting went well last night. I lost 6.5 pounds last week, but that was taking away part of what I gained when we had all the company. Of course, I went home and rewarded myself with some potato chips. DOH! Today I am drinking water, water, water, green tea, water, water, water. I hope I've learned my lesson, but I kind of doubt it.

~Robin - Your smoky maple salmon, asparagus and quinoa pilaf sound like a great meal. Thank you for the idea.

~Dolentet - 50 is still young, you are still young. You are setting goals which is a great thing!

~Megblair1 - 4.5% is huge! Congrats.. Thank you for the recipes....I LOVE recipes. Reading cookbooks is one of my favorite things to do. I think I have over 100 of them. I keep saying I'm going to go through and cut out the recipes I like and get rid of the books, but I never do...I just get more. I do hope things get better with your daughter because conflict is so hard. You can screetch here anytime, I don't think anyone minds.

~Kathy - Hope everything went well with the baby. Babies remind us what is truly important in the world.

~Howardmelinda - Great weight loss! Wow! I wouldn't know hot to act without glasses or contacts but I would like to find out. Glad your surgery went well.

~Mommie55 - Pina colada yogurt sounds like an great way to start the day. Hope your weigh in went well.

~Gini - We live in the woods and gave up on growing anything, even a yard. We have a small garden inside a tall fence. We do love to see the animals, though. Sending good thoughts for your job success.

~Carolyn - Good job with the planning and the exercise. It sounds like you are "in the zone".

~Lin - I think kids develop bad good habits because they are allowed to..don't you? It has to be tough trying to figure out what they will eat. One of my coworkers has a 11 year old daughter who will eat nothing but hot dogs and chicken nuggets...nothing else. It is crazy. Great job with the loss...sending good thoughts your dad's way.

~Jen - LOL! I love the interaction you describe with your mother. We are always going to be 8 to them. My mother usually starts our conversations with, "If I were you...." Great job with the exercise and have a good weekend.

~DeeDee - Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. LOL at the editing of your post, though. That is pretty funny. Hope you get better.

~Eileen - You had to try out the new barbecue properly. I think it is an unwritten rule. Hope you get rid of the cough/cold. Sending thoughts for your son. I hope he continues to be bored....

~Janehadji - LOL about your son...they are sometimes nuts when they are in their twenties, mine is.

~Janemartin02 - Ouch, sorry about your tooth...there are few things that hurt worse than a toothache.

~Yoyonomore55 - I love your nickname. Fantastic loss. This is such an inspirational group of women!

~Barbie - Good job with the potluck. I need to read about the Isagenix...

~Lila - Wow...that is a vivid dream you are having. Glad you are feeling better. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I have been losing inches and sizes pretty quickly this summer, so I have been going to the Salvation Army. You have to look, but you can find some very nice things. I know I took a huge lot of nice clothes there. So, every few weeks, I gather up the clothes which no longer fit, go the Salvation Army, get a few more things, wear them for a few weeks and take them back. It has become sort of fun. Last year we had a huge flood here in Pennsylvania. Within hours, the Salvation Army was out and helping people who had lost everything. They are still helping them. So, I get to support a very worthy cause, wear new clothes every few weeks and best of all, save a ton of money while doing it.

~Michele - Your exercise plan rocks! Baby food jars are so handy for so many things. I spray painted the lids black, glued magnets to them and filled them up with spices. We then screwed a cookie sheet to the bottom of an upper cabinet by the stove (you can't see it) and stuck the jars to it. It looks great, frees up so much space and is handy when cooking.

~Carol - Hope you are having a good day.

~Wessecg - Your post was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

~Kate - You just reminded me how much I love yogurt dill sauce...yum. Glad to hear your visit from HO went well. Sounds like you are very relieved. I laughed reading about your niece. Great job.

~Laura - love the story about your adoption and the pink piece of paper. It is priceless. I, too, would rather have meat than potatoes. I hope I don't offend anyone, but we eat venison (elk and deer) almost exclusively. We don't eat beef at all. We do have fish, etc.. as well. Venison has so much protein, calcium, etc and is so much leaner than beef. I love reading your posts...just saying. Have a great weekend and good luck with your paperwork.

~Missymuffett - Welcome! You will love it here!

I'm planning on ripping out the garden this weekend. going to an Art show. and most of all, staying on track. Hope you all have a great weekend. You are all so appreciated!
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i'm kinda down today. went back to doc for check up yesterday. he and i both agree the pt is a good thing, even though it hurts like crazy. trying to adjust the dosage on the generic nsaid he prescribed. the bummer is when i got on his scale, i noticed i had GAINED 5 pounds. i know, that doesn't sound like a big deal, but hey, i have been working HARD at this for 3 weeks now, and, a GAIN?? i do have pt again this afternoon. maybe that will help. i am so sore and stiff this morning, i can barely shuffle around with the granny walker. usually it loosens up as the morning goes on, but i'm really sore today. *sigh*. forgive me for being a whiney baby. i am in a funk because i miss my school babies, and i can't be there right now. on a positive note, the weather is better~ less humid. if you are familiar with Southern summers, you know that is a BIG deal! :smile: ok. i'll hush for now, and keep plugging away~ the scale has got to go DOWN someday.....
    i hope YOU are having a successful week~ love reading your posts. it really does encourage me. thanks, y'all. :heart:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Well except for posting, I think I have everything turned around and heading in the right direction again. lol I can't believe the number of posts generated here!

Part of the problem with posting is that my son accidentally broke my computer. My Ipad is great for tracking food, but not for the forums.

At work now, so must make this very short.

Jeannie
  • psumter
    psumter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great group!! Trying desperately to be nifty at 50 and take some photos at my birthday party in October that I don't feel immediately like shredding. Been going at it for 2 months now and regret not weighing myself at the outset, I was too ashamed at where I let myself go. Now I weigh myself all the time and see the weight coming off slowly but surely. Keep up the good work all!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just getting back on the old diet again, trying to control my thyroid med's, it's so hard.
    I bought the Zumba cd's, started 3 days now. I like it, I have always loved to dance, just not in public, so with a crowd of one, my cat Oreo, I'm feeling good about my self this week.
    I hope every has a good weekend..
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Warning. major rant ahead.:explode:

My hormones are raging and I am bloated and my lower back aches but of course I haven't had a real peroid for years, Just all the crap that go with them so I am really affected by this.

One of DH's sisters who hasn't spoken to me since before we got married has asked us to take a turn housing his mom (who refuses to visit us becasue she hates me) part of the year. This is because now her kids are growing up and free day care isn't really needed anymore. DH are both dreading all the conflict and drama to come. Don't get me wrong. If I had been welcomed into the family instead of us both being shunned I would love to help out. But the ony thing I can think of is "What goes around, comes around" and now she is getting what she and her mother and her other sister deserve for being such unfreindly biatches to me all these years. They made my husband choose and he chose me. Now they should live with that decision. No take backs.

As I write this I know it is nasty and wrong.:devil: I should not hold grudges but why do I have to be the bigger person all the time. They begged him not to marry me. They refused to speak to him for years and forbade him to be a part of their families. One sister lives within 50 miles of us and we have never met her now 8 year old son.(the other is in California) Now they want us to step in because there is no benefit for them anymore and this is taking it toll on their finances and marriages.(they are both stay at home mom's) I work very hard for what little I have and they have fancy huge houses and everything. It just really infuriates me. What about the toll they took on my marriage? :mad:

Okay, thank you for letting me get that off my chest. We shall see what happens.

I wil catch up on the posts when I get home. Have a great day ladies.

R, Bb and Rb
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies, been working like a crazy women making item for the up coming shows. Just found out I got into one near Atlanta, at the end of the month, so now I don't know if I have enough. I have a couple of weeks between shows so it should be ok. I am so angry at myself, I can't find the sterling silver post earrings I bought, to make my dangle earrings. I've been tearing the house apart. That's alot of money.

I went off plan last night and had a small candy bar, I don't think it will matter as I am not losing I am just sitting there. Sorry pity party time. Next week I am adding strength training. My meds just won't let me lose weight and keep my sugar under control.
    Oh well--- Tigress
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :noway: Robin, if your husband's mom refuses to visit you, how will they get her to live with you----hog tie her and drag her kicking and screaming into your house????what does DH say about this goofy idea??

:flowerforyou: I just finished making a pot of apple/onion/squash soup so I'll have that for several meals....It was easy to make because i used squash that I'd baked and frozen in the fall and applesauce I'd made months ago instead of starting with whole squash and apples.

:bigsmile: Jeannie, it's good to see you posting again

:bigsmile: I went out to lunch today which is a rarity for me....the lunch was a thank you for me and another woman and we went to my favorite Thai restaurant where I had chicken curry with brown rice.....the lunch portion was the perfect size and tasted great.....I tried ordering a little spicier than I usually order and it was good but I think that next time I'll go back to my usual lower spice level.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

2582523d4tcyuzy5m.gif
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good evening lovely ladies--

It's been a really busy week. I had to do my job plus another girls since she is in sunny California on vacation. Will cover for her again next week.

I love all the posts. I have a problem keeping everyone straight but know that I read EVERYTHING. Actually, I spend WAY TOO much time reading. :laugh: :laugh:

Dixie--So sorry for your loss. Know that many you are in my thoughts and prayers and that we are here to support you when you are ready.

Barbie-- I LOVE the new graphic. It made me laugh.

Thanks for all the kind words and prayers for my sister this week. I talked to her today and her stress test came back okay. The problem is she is still having chest pains :huh: Now she needs to give it a couple days and see if they go away. Some think she should have an angioplasty to be sure. She works out and walks a lot. I asked if she's done anything that she might have strained muscles. She said the only thing new was she rode her bike to church.

They did find out that she is anemic and will work on that.

Plan to get a good long walk in the morning and then HAVE to work cleaning this house. We have plans next weekend so it's now or never (a least for a couple of weeks.) :laugh: :laugh:

Congratulations to everyone with losses and good dairies.

Remember to keep drinking :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Have a great Saturday.

Micki
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Meg - purple potatoes don't taste any different than white potatoes. But because of the color, they are higher in antioxydents (I spelled that wrong, didn't I. But I think you know what I mean). One nice thing about these potatoes is that you don't get this real humongous potato like you get in the store. Actually, I usually have only 1/2 of it. So sorry there wasn't a weight loss this week. But losing so much of your body weight is a great accomplishment which you should be proud of.

I am so sick and tired of going to the store and there are lots and lots of size 10 and 12 pants, maybe two 8's and you're lucky if you can get a 6. I refuse to gain weight just so I can fit into the clothes they have in the stores. I need the 6 and usually in a petite. Double hard looking

Laura - sounds like things are really moving on the sale of your parent's home. How wonderful for you! Hope you find that title

missymuffet - welcome, of course you are more than welcome!

tigress - sure hope you find those posts!

dum de dum dum.......drum roll please.....I went in the pool. It was 83. OK, we didn't have a deck or the spa or the water slide...but I wasn't about to let THAT stop me!!! Vince and I went in for about an hour. It was so refreshing.

I did the 40 minutes of Jillian Michael's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD today. Tomorrow I'll go to the farmer's market, then yoga, then the Salvation Army, then I need to stop at WalMart to get batteries for Vince, then the UPS store where I take our styrofoam peanuts and they use the, then Aldi's for some zucchini.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening. Looks like I'll be in the pool tomorrow, too.

Michele
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening all,
    spoke too soon yesterday - I don't know what bug I picked up but as soon as I have a regular meal, a few hours later I am sick with cramps and nausea. If it lasts over the weekend, I'm off to the doctor (although she'll probably say its a virus and go home, hydrate and eat bland).

Micki, when my youngest was mid-teens she started having anxiety attacks and heart palpitations. Scared me to death and our doctor (previous one and much more appreciated) said that she had anemia (sp) from improper vegetarian diet and often that goes along with anxiety and heart palpitations. Sure enough, spiked the iron and added supplements and it went away fairly quickly.

Barbie - the apple, onion, squash soup sounds wonderful, it there a recipe posted?

Robin - for the sake of your peace of mind and home, consider saying no or really limiting the time. Doesn't sound like you owe anything (and I know the bigger person thing is really hard not to bow under and we all are supposed to be magnanimous) but REALLY??!!

JN - hey - we're all allowed our whiney baby days. Sometimes it just feels better to let it out.

Salomesalone - what a great idea - revolving Sally Ann closet - I know I've taken good things there so I should be able to find some in return i'm sure. There is one in the next town so i'll check it out.

Wessecg - vanity sizing really is crazy, but I think our Canadian sizes tend to be even different from the American. I know when I go down to Spokane shopping, the sizes are quite different. Also, how come the more expensive the clothes, the smaller the size? Don't answer that, it really was just a rhetorical question.

Meg - i wish I didn't like potatoes but one of my favourite things is new potatoes boiled with fresh mint with butter - MMMMM. I wouldn't care if they were sky blue pink if they taste good. The oddest ones I've seen though are the purple fingerling ones. And you had me actually laughing out loud about deep freezing the teens until the frontal lobe develops.

I've taken the advice and am not weighing every day, I'm trying to stay off until Tuesday and have a regular weigh in and measurement day.

Tomorrow is going to be a dedicated dog day, plus some bicycle time for me.

Wishes for a good Friday evening and a lovely Saturday morning.

Lila
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sending many (((HUGS)))) and prayers to Dixie and her family
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    This is my 2nd attempt to send this posts. I had a really witty posts:wink: got ready to post it and poof went away. So now you all are stuck with this one sorry about that. :smile:
    @Lin Yay on the scale moving in the direction you want it too!
    @meg Congrats on the inches etc that is way good. Sorry to hear about the conflict with your teen,
    @Dee sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. Hope you feel better soon
    @Sasha I hope you feel better soon too.
    @Barbie Congrats on how you handle the potluck. Your soup sounds really good.
    @Robin not quite sure how your SIL is going to get your MIL to move in with you. When she won't come over?
    @Michelle congrats on being able to use your pool. Those Purple pototos sound interesting!
    @Micki still praying for your sister and hope next week at work goes better..

I am sorry I don't know who posts this but my favorite meat is beef too I have been working hard at limiting it but if I don't plan on having a pot roast or steak at least 2 x a month I don't know but I plan it and helps with the cravings.

@Meg I do hate the drama. I really like my job but realise the stuff with the clients sometimes can mirror my home life with my daughter. By the end of the week and this one for sure. I have nothing left in me to give. Today I kept to my diet but I was thinking of my choice comfort foods. Which is were I go when I start feeling shut down or overwelm. Maybe I should plan one of those steak nights, I don't want to turn to food as a comfort though.

But anyway I am really happy for the weekend. I hope I sleep in tomorrow. I don';t half to wake up at 5am ,,But the best part I am on no timetable. I do need to catch up on the house work. Hoping to get to the pool tomorrow. More for my mental health than anything.

Welcoming everyone new. Love this group very encouraging and supportive. I am sure I am missing some of the posts I wanted to reply to as I get going I forget.

Take care,
    Liz
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    I've read all the posts but am heading for bed on time for once so I'll keep this brief.

First, thanks, Barbie (as usual!!) for encouraging me to refuse to eat unhealthy food. You encourage me so much. :heart:

And, Robin, I just had to tell you a story...

Many, many years ago when I had been married about 5 years, I invited my husband's grandmother to come visit. She misunderstood and thought I'd invited her to live with us. The place where she lived had been sold and she was about to lose her home. I was such a big wimp, I couldn't tell her "No, just come for a visit, please." (Really, I was that big a wimp. :tongue: )

She moved in. My husband (now ex, thank goodness) and I struggled even more than we had been already. Then, a couple of months later, she fell and broke her hip. She never got out of the convalescent home.

The moral of the story? Do the right thing now (you know what that is :wink: ) It may be hard but the alternative will be harder.

With that, good night friends. :love:

Mimi SVQ