in desperate need of cheering up

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    If you'e vegetarian or vegan, you may want to skip this...
    My brother-in-law's mother, lets call her Susan, was a little girl when her parents decided they wanted to raise some chickens. (this was back in the 50's I think)
    Anyway, they set them up in a pen on their acreage so they could be somewhat free range, and things were going well for a few weeks.
    About that time, Susan's mother decided to clean out the cold storage room, and get rid of any canned fruit, veg, pickles, etc. that were a couple of years old. They threw out a bunch, cleaned the room, and suddenly had to leave the house for the rest of the day.

They came home around dinner time, and found all their new chickens were dead! They realized they must have gotten into the compost pile of old canned food and died of food poisoning. Well, they were thrifty, and didn't want these chickens to go to waste, so even though they couldn't eat the meat, they could at least harvest the feathers to make pillows out of. So they plucked all the chickens, and were done with the last couple when the chickens started waking up. They weren't dead, after all. They had eaten some fermented cherries and gotten drunk and passed out. (as best as they could figure out) Well, now they had drunk, hungover chickens, and they didnt want to butcher them just yet, because they werent really big yet, and it was getting cold out, so the mother told Susan and her sister to go in the house and collect all their doll clothes. They put the doll clothes on the chickens to keep them warm at night. So they had these hungover, dressed up chickens wandering around their yard for a few more weeks until they were big enough to butcher. And that is my drunk chicken story.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    That's called life. Deal with it. Dont rely on others to buck you up....pull yourself up and good things happen.

Rude! ^

I wouldn't pay attention to that. These past few weeks have been kicking my butt too.

Try to go for a nice long walk and clear your mind. Thing will get better, everything comes in seasons. They pass :smile:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Lone Wolf. . .this is how ladies deal. . .we vent, talk and move on. If ya' can't say anything nice, don't say anything. Clearly you were raised as a lone wolf our your momma would've taught you that!!

Oh I thought they went and bought shoes?

but, I digress...I thought women preferred honesty?
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you'e vegetarian or vegan, you may want to skip this...
    My brother-in-law's mother, lets call her Susan, was a little girl when her parents decided they wanted to raise some chickens. (this was back in the 50's I think)
    Anyway, they set them up in a pen on their acreage so they could be somewhat free range, and things were going well for a few weeks.
    About that time, Susan's mother decided to clean out the cold storage room, and get rid of any canned fruit, veg, pickles, etc. that were a couple of years old. They threw out a bunch, cleaned the room, and suddenly had to leave the house for the rest of the day.

They came home around dinner time, and found all their new chickens were dead! They realized they must have gotten into the compost pile of old canned food and died of food poisoning. Well, they were thrifty, and didn't want these chickens to go to waste, so even though they couldn't eat the meat, they could at least harvest the feathers to make pillows out of. So they plucked all the chickens, and were done with the last couple when the chickens started waking up. They weren't dead, after all. They had eaten some fermented cherries and gotten drunk and passed out. (as best as they could figure out) Well, now they had drunk, hungover chickens, and they didnt want to butcher them just yet, because they werent really big yet, and it was getting cold out, so the mother told Susan and her sister to go in the house and collect all their doll clothes. They put the doll clothes on the chickens to keep them warm at night. So they had these hungover, dressed up chickens wandering around their yard for a few more weeks until they were big enough to butcher. And that is my drunk chicken story.

I ain't even havin' a bad day and this made me SNORT!!!! Too funny!!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Lone Wolf. . .this is how ladies deal. . .we vent, talk and move on. If ya' can't say anything nice, don't say anything. Clearly you were raised as a lone wolf our your momma would've taught you that!!

Hmmm, funny from your first comment I was thinking that YOU THOUGHT women preferred *kitten*. Guess we were both wrong.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

Honesty, yes. Boorishness, No!
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options
    Heck, you don't even have to leave MFP to get cheered up. This thread had me TOTALLY DYING about an hour ago...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717124-autocorrects-gonna-getcha

Hope things get better and you feel better soon! {{ hugs }}
  • tessex
    tessex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Some days just don't seem fair. I have not had a bad day like yours but I am not happy as well. I have worked hard this week to see a weight gain. I wanted to cry but I remember to count my blessings. Hang in there, things will look up.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Do you like Cookie Monster? My daughter sent me this link today to cheer me up. It worked for me, but I'm pretty immature. :smile:

http://via.me/-2xzsa6e#sBixqd4mlwgrpJTA.01

^This!
    A friend sent it to me last week and I couldn't help but laugh.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Heck, you don't even have to leave MFP to get cheered up. This thread had me TOTALLY DYING about an hour ago...

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!! Glad I could help :)
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You have a house, you have a hand, and you have free time to explore other working options! :) To others, that might be the best day in their life. It's all about perception!!

Hope you are smiling by now!! :)
  • billy9987
    billy9987 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, i have to admit, reading buddy's nasty "deal with it" made me laugh, and cheered me up a bit. Sorry about your day though...
  • BiggestLittlePurdy
    BiggestLittlePurdy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    so while cleaning the kitchen i knocked a glass of water off the counter....right onto my cat....oh man the look she shot me as she watched the water drip off her body was priceless!!!

i love my critters, they always seem to cheer me up. hope your day gets better.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I was recently in the dairy state, Wisconsin. I kept asking if a dairy cow laughed would milk come out it's nose....nobody knew...hmmm
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options

After I hit 'POST REPLY' I saw you in the thread - you rock! - Totally brightened my day!
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Here's my attempt.....

“Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

After I hit 'POST REPLY' I saw you in the thread - you rock! - Totally brightened my day!

:D Glad to hear it! Thank you!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    This always makes me laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fitxofd7kOA&feature=g-vrec

Hope all goes well! Hang in there!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That's called life. Deal with it. Dont rely on others to buck you up....pull yourself up and good things happen.

^^Seriously?

Okay google this site: STFU parents. hahahahaha!

or... and my personal favorite... the oatmeal.