I can't do it :(

Options

Replies

• seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i have been in the same situation, i used to be hungry alllll the time.
    i would use up a lot of my calories in the beginning of the day and then be screwed so i started eating 200 calories every two hours to ration it out and keep me from getting hungry. i had to up my protein also and started eating a lot more greek yogurt and have a protein shake daily
    good luck, stick with it!
    :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Have-a-great-day.jpg
  • navstone
    navstone Posts: 30
    Options
    I tried the 1lb a week and had the same problem. Decided rather than go over every day and feel guilty I went for 1/2 lb a week and seems to be working.:happy:
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I would never allow myself to go hungry - up your calories, include some strength training and quality caridio in to your activities and you should be just fine :)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be dramatic. I'm frustrated because almost every reply so far has this holier than thou attitude to it.

You've gotten many good responses. You are being too defensive to listen to them. Either relax or step away until you're in a better place. Right now you are just angry and nothing is going to help that.

It's weight loss. You eat less calories (but not so few you starve) and workout (but not so much you ruin your body). That's all. You can do this in a healthy and manageable way.

Right now your issues are emotional. Not weight related. Take care of those first.

right. I was going to try to say something helpful but it looks like it wouldnt be appreciated...not in the mood to get blasted, because i wont take that crap.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Work out so you can eat more.
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    If you feel tortured its because you are not taking the right foods and not enough water... I have lost 16lbs so far and it really hasnt been that bad and I DEFINATELY DO NOT feel tortured...
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Omg girl, eat your exercise calories! I start the day with 1500 calories and I exercise my way up to 2000-2200. And I eat them! I run hard, I eat what I want, and the weight is coming off just fine. It sounds like you need more to eat.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs last year but every since then losing weight has been hopeless. and everytime it's asked here people say "don't eat your exercise calories"

Don't listen to them. Eat your calories back but make sure you eat them back in HEALTHY foods! I always lose weight WAY faster when I eat more.
  • sulamita03
    sulamita03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was feeling like that, hungry all the time. But the correct way to eat as I learn when I was in Weight Watchers few years ago is to have a really good an hearty breakfast, that makes a whole difference for me, when losing weight (you can see what happen when I don't, I got weight). So now that I am trying to lose weight again, I never ever limit my calorie intake during my breakfast to be honest. I eat as hungry as I feel, but try to do healthy choices of course. Reason, I want to be able to withstand the day without feeling like I want to eat everything around me. I do keep something to snack close to me, like apples some fruits. I do the MFP daily limits of calories, but because I was eating to much before, the first week I started to count my food, I just count nothing else, I did not try to struggle myself to lower it down just at the beginning, I wanted to know how much I was really eating, so it was around 1600 or more soso.. and then the second week I went down to 1500 and so on. Now I am in 1200 up to 1300 at times, but trying to keep it in between. I always eat something, veggies or fruit, and I don't struggle to much if three apples are this much calories is better than three big chunks of cholocate or cakes. So yes I am loosing weight not as fast as I did the first time when I was in Weight Watchers, but is happening 6 pounds in a month and half, is more than I was expecting. Set achievable limits, and don't starve yourself. I used this app alsowww. foodeducate.com so I compare what is good or not. Also snacking Greek yogurts was able to calm my feelings of acid reflux that I was having for some reason. So like you see, you are not alone, everybody that is here is looking to do the same think you are trying to do. Just learn to be patience, and love yourself first.
    Also exercise at least a little walk, run, dance.. I am dancing right now with the Dance Central Game I have in the computer. It is harder to just start at 1200 the first day, I will be starving like crazy, it is easy to start slowing it down each week and making healthy choices. Eat as much of fruits and veggies (I know they can be high in sugar per MFP, but I need something to calm the hunger, and I am getting better)
    There is a person that say to do exercise because it give you some extra calories, like you can eat something else. I do use this extra calories to eat something if I am hungry, but many times I like to keep it that way. If you must, try like I said healthy choices, yogurt, fruits, etc.. Eventually you get on control of this extras calories available to you if you do exercise.
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    Oh and Eat much more protein, over 100gr and you will not be hungry!
  • Cbdaugh2
    Cbdaugh2 Posts: 15
    Options
    We're about the same size (I'm 5'1" 140) and when I started I felt that way too. Pick foods that don't digest as fast like whole grain. For sushi get brown rice! I get jealous of tall people that can eat all day. I don't like a lot of the slowly digesting food, so you may have to google through them to see which ones you can do.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I took a look at ur food log for today and it seems like u eat pretty good. U have lost 2 pounds. U need to drink more water... I'm showing u only had one cup today. I am finishing up my 6th cup of water. Protein rich foods keep u full. U may try to up ur calorie intake some and exercise, which I didn't check if u do or don't. If you are exercising u want to eat a few calories back if hunger (protein bar, protein shake, yogurt, cottage cheese). I hope this helps. Don't give up, ur worth it. U can do this.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Someone may have already said this, but...

If you're struggling so much at your current daily calorie level, raise it a little. I know, it seems obvious and simple, but it works. Unless you're trying to meet some arbitrary deadline in the future for a photoshoot or a wedding or something similar, there really is no reason to start at a miserable level (and there are many reasons *not to*). Try doing this in a way that, while perhaps not as fast as another approach, doesn't make you feel so miserable.

Besides, the very act of keeping a food diary, even if you're eating at maintenance level, is beneficial long-term. From there, find a calorie and exercise level that you can live with. As you adjust, you can tweak the calories.

(And as for the advice to exercise more just so you can eat more? I'm not entirely convinced this is a healthy approach. Perhaps for an occasional justification for a meal out (like for sushi), but I don't think the habit is healthy. Besides, an *occasional* meal out by itself will not undo the rest of your efforts.)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Where the hell is the crazy llama meme when I need it!!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

40% crabs
    30% protein
    30%f fat

I am sorry, but not only is this great advice, it's also hilarious. Hard to be sad after this! Thank you, Zara! :happy:
  • KaseyQT
    KaseyQT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My only advice is to drink lots of water- it helps settle the tummy and staying hydrated will help get the weight off as well.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    so don't starve yourself.
    eat foods high in fiber and protein and lower your carb intake

if you feel like you are still starving, then re-evaluate what you are eating.
    snack more often, drink more water.

up your calories - you dont have to stay at 1290.

i've upped my calories and played around until i felt comfortable with the amount of food i eat and ensure that I have filling and healthy meals.

Hope that helps..
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You've been at it less than a month. Don't inspect instant results. If that calorie limit is too low, set it at TDEE-20% or exercise more and eat up your exercise calories.

^^This. And don't forget to drink water - it helps everything ! Your body needs it for all necessary functions. I've peeked at your diary, and you've only got 2 days logged this month - yesterday and today. Give yourself some time, and do a little research. Begin to listen to your body. AND sometimes your body is giving you signals that it's thirsty, and we can all mistake that for hunger. Try some different things, and treat this as a learning experience. Your body needs fuel, and if you're giving it good stuff, you're going to feel better. Move around some, and sweat (exercise!) - your heart needs to work a little bit.

And remember: No one out there has ALL the right answers for YOU - we can only try to encourage you and tell you what has worked for us. It MAY help you, but it really depends on YOU. How much are you willing to invest in yourself??

I just want to wish you the best on your journey, and encourage you to stick with it - You really CAN do it, it will just take a bit of time and effort on your part. Hang in there !! :flowerforyou:
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You've already lost 50lbs so you know how its done. Eat more protein, workout more... do SOMETHING to allow yourself some more calories.

I know sometimes you just need to vent, and thats ok. But your responses are coming off entitled and bratty, which I am sure thats not how you really are you are just frustrated and in a rut. I hope you get to feeling better. But the sooner you stop feeling sorry for yourself the faster you will get your head back in the game.

Good luck!