I can't do it :(

Options

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    If there's a problem yo I'll solve it.
    Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    up your exercise so you can eat more....and eat your calories back

I agree..... on my one day off (Saturday), I always struggle with food. I burn 700-900 calories with 2 hour workouts (use HRM) and eat most of my exercise calories back.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

OMFG! Too funny Panda Bear.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I desperately want to lose weight. but it's so hard! because with the calorie limit MFP gives me (to lose 1 lb per week) no matter how much protein I eat, water I drink or veggies I eat I'm STARVING.

I woke up this morning and I was so hungry it actually hurt. and I already ate around 1100 calories today because I was just so so hungry :( I kept having hunger pangs.

we're having sushi tonight at a local resteraunt (all food is cooked and served 100% fresh) and I have no idea what to do...
    my calorie limit is 1290. I'm a female at 5'3 inches and 151 lbs. I'm 20.

I feel like I'll never reach my goal weight :(

Emphasis mine.

Your diary says you have a 1500 calorie a day goal. Eat those 300 calories and you'll not be so hungry.

PS- and I'm one of the MANY proponents of "eat more to weigh less" here. If you're starving, then eat something. Maybe you'll be in a better mood. ;)
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    tumblr_llw5bscrZx1qkcpw9o1_500_large.jpg

Wow, thats a horrible thought. I would lose a ton of weight doing that.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

I don't think I would eat at all
  • iSpuggz
    iSpuggz Posts: 39
    Options
    Well the days you have logged, you're not eating 500 of those calories. Eat them. Starving yourself will have the opposite effect, you'll start storing fat!

As everyone has said, eat more protein. Protein is filling and you won't feel hungry for a few hours. 1100 calories is definitely not enough! And instead of three meals, eat five small meals throughout the day.

Now, on the exercise. Walking 20-40 minutes a day isn't going to help you lose weight now. Muscle burns fat. Add strength training, even if it's 20 minutes a day.

And with the water. Maybe when you feel hungry you're actually thirsty, your brain can't identify between the two signals so tells you you're hungry. Water will also boost your metabolism so you will burn calories more effectively.

Just don't give up or else you'll just get more and more depressed about it. A note on the weight training, it's sets off feel good hormones so you'll feel like a total bad *kitten* when you've finished and you'll feel a lot better about yourself and the day.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

God I love you hard right now.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options

hahah that's awesome! ;) love vanilla ice :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You've already lost 50lbs so you know how its done. Eat more protein, workout more... do SOMETHING to allow yourself some more calories.

I know sometimes you just need to vent, and thats ok. But your responses are coming off entitled and bratty, which I am sure thats not how you really are you are just frustrated and in a rut. I hope you get to feeling better. But the sooner you stop feeling sorry for yourself the faster you will get your head back in the game.

Good luck!

she doesn't know how it's done if she has an eating disorder like she said...
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

I don't think I would eat at all

I don't think posting pics from a pro-ana tip site is good advice...
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    OMFG eat your GD exercise calories and forget what everyone else says! If you're hungry eat, but make good choices, like veggies, raw carrots, celery peppers, dipped in hummus, yogurt, granola (only a little), whole grain cereals without a lot of sugar, cottage cheese. You have LOTS of snack options that aren't high in calories, but if you feel like it's not enough, you need to re-evaluate what you're eating. Perhaps your diary is full of empty calories that aren't going to help you through the day, perhaps you aren't spacing small meals throughout the day, instead of 3 big meals. Maybe your body is telling you to step up your exercise to the next level, YES EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES, that's what MFP is designed for. Exercise more, you get to eat more! but biggest of all, DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOURSELF!
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Best wishes to you. :flowerforyou:
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Try eating your full allotment. I looked at several days and you are 500 short each day.
  • natsgirl60
    natsgirl60 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The best thing is to set goals that you can reach. If you are so hungry that it hurts increase your calorie intake but make them count!! Veggies and protein. One thing that I found that helps me is I will not log my exercise until the end of the day. If I put those in I have an excuse to eat more (in my head). Go at it slowly, better to shoot for a goal that is not so much per week and accomplish it than to set up a goal and get frustrated and stop altogether. Do a little more cardio and don't be so hard on yourself, baby steps, work slowly and before you know it you will get there!!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Why are you not eating all of your calories??
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Llama+disapproves.+I+WAS+ONCE+A+TREEHOUSE+I+LIVED+IN_115687_3291678.gif

there she is....
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting the right amount of calories by reading this forum and calculating your TDEE and BMR. I was in the same boat and found out MFP was actually giving me about 150 calories LESS than my BMR (which is the minimum number of calories the body needs to make it through the daily basic functions). So try this instead.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/680246-tdee-bmr-what-they-are-and-what-to-do-with-them
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    it's not very fair that I have to torture myself just to lose weight...

I feel this way a lot...it's harder for some people than it is for others, and sometimes I do complain about it. All you can do is just NOT give up! Maybe you should up your calorie goal just a bit...like to 1500 maybe. That might help. Idk, I'm doing horribly right now. My main advice would be stay away from fast food, because I've been eating a lot of it this week and it's kicking my *kitten* morale-wise, plus it's addicting. Just don't start with that **** :(
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    With that attitude, you're right you won't be able to do it. Change how you see it-you can do this. I didn't read all the replies (just the first page) but maybe you should up your calories and instead of doing 1 pound, change it to 1/2 for a bit, get your body used to better foods but less calories. You CAN do this if you try and know that some days will be harder than others, if you give up there's no way you'll get where you want to be. Your weight didn't happen overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight