Any other Daddy's take their daughters on dates?

Options

Replies

• Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I do things with my 13-year old daughter but I wouldn't call them "dates". Last month we went on a 7-hour whale watching cruise, just she and I (older brother and younger brother stayed home). It was part of her birthday present. She wants to be a marine biologist.
  • firedenswife2012
    firedenswife2012 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My daddy use to take me on dates growing up. It rocked my world to be loved so much. To this day he is my best friend because he chose to spend time with me. I feel now, at 26, I can share anything and everything with him. The communication we developed over the years really helped me to confide in him when it mattered as an adult and I had made some stupid mistakes that he willingly helped me out of. All dad's should date their daughters. When I have a child one day I hope my husband will do this as well.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That's super sweet! I have an eight-year old daughter. I'm going to suggest that my husband takes her on a date too! Thanks
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My dad used to take me on "princess dates" when I was a kid, we would go out for dinner somewhere expensive and maybe see a movie and sometimes he would bring me a little gift. This was mostly because my dad was working 24/7-365 and rarely was around so he and I would have a special night out.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i used to love daddy/daughter days, wasn't always a date per se but it was just a day that we would do things together and have fun since he worked so much (military) now my hubby does this with our daughter (she's 2) and they do walks and the park or just play around the house and mommy doesn't exist for a while. it started as my free time and has evolved into this very concept, when she gets older we hope that she will remember the way a man is supposed to treat her! we also do family outings that are special 'dates' and he does all that door opening and pulling out chairs and holding hands and shows her how he loves to treat me too so she can see it's not just about treating your kids but your partner like that too! wtg and keep up the great job!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

My kids (10 & 7) have started calling me "mom" instead of "mommy" & that makes me a little sad.

I mess with my wife all the time with having our kids call her mom. She hates it, but its warming her up to the fact that it will probably get to that one day naturally. I don't do it for that reason, I do it cause we're a family of comedians. :)

That is so wrong, LOL!! :bigsmile:
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I FEEL LIKE YOU WANT PEOPLE TO TELL YOU HAW SWEET YOU ARE......JUST MY OPINION!!!

LOL IT IS WORKING THO HAHA NICE WAY TO PICK UP CHICKS

No need to have caps on and why do you have to be so negative?

My Dad is 78 and is the best Dad ever and he started out just like the OP and we still go on `dates` now!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I absolutely love a man who boasts about his love for his kids!!

I take my son on dates.It used to be Fuddruckers (huge greasy burgers, fries and milkshakes). I've been trying to do non food related dates so now Plaster Fun Time is our thing! We both love to paint, it takes a good 2 hours from start to finish and it's cheap! Perfect date!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My daddy used to. Was not fancy tho..just to the park or pawn shop and comic shop and he would always buy me a soda.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Cute!! Every dad should do something similar for their daughters!

My dad and I used to always go to the movies together, at least once a month. Loved it!!

"Lift Heavy! Run Hard!" =D
    www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    i so wish i had a daughter now.

guess i should work on getting a girl friend first...hmmm
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    my daddy still takes me on dates and i'm 21 years old :)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Love my Daddy/daughter dates! We’ve got one scheduled for tomorrow, taking the train into Philly to do something fun. It will be her first public transit experience and for some reason this is supposed to help my anxiety over her taking the bus for the first time to kindergarten. I’m not sure why but I am very nervous that some older kids will be mean to her on the bus. Well, I know why….she’s my baby. I don’t know if it will do anything for my worrying but I know we will have fun.

P.S. She’s never allowed to have a boyfriend….maybe when she’s 37. :bigsmile:
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Sweet:love:
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, and you are showing your daughter exactly what she deserves from a man when she is older, and she will not accept anything less. Love it! :flowerforyou:

This!

My husband does the same thing with our almost 18 month old daughter and even though she doesn't quite understand, I love it! I take our almost 3 year old son out on dates and we both love the one on one time! Glad to hear of other daddys out there doing such a great job!!!! Keep it up!
  • randy0987
    randy0987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love taking my daughter out when they were young, we use to attend an annual father daughter dance it also know as the purity ball. I had to wear a tuxedo and they had to wear nice ball gowns they love doing that with me and we had some much fun. I also would tek them out on mini date to the movies and dinner my daughters are 21 and 19 and sometime i can still here them talking about our little dates
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What a great post!
    Reminds me of my Dad and I. We'd have these annual Daddy and Daughter Dates, where we'd go into Manhattan, eat out at a fun restaurant, watch a movie, Go shopping, and visit the BookStore. Very, very fond memories for myself. And even to this day (I'm 30 now), he is still the best Dad AND Grandfather there is.
  • farmer50340
    farmer50340 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do this with my 4 year old daughter when I can, I'd like to do it more. We do have a standing family movie date on Friday nights, we'll either order or make a pizza, and we set up a picnic in the living room (a real treat, as there's a strict no food in the living room rule). I love spending time with my little princess.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    P.S. She’s never allowed to have a boyfriend….maybe when she’s 37. :bigsmile:

LOL, I tell my daughters they can have boyfriends when they finish medical school :tongue:

I know they will have a boyfriend one day, I just don't want to think about my little girls growing up. :cry:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my dad and I did this all the time - right up til about 10th grade.

We'd be driving home down the gravel road on Sundays (when my mom and brother would be doing whatever they usually did) and he would look at me and then look at the road.

then he'd look at me again and look back at the road.

over and over until I was like WHAT???

and he'd say... You really dont hear that? listen carefully...

And I'd listen and shake my head and No Papa dont be weird.

And he'd get all defensive- Im not being weird!!!! Im serious! I hear root beer floats... they are calling our names!!!

And he'd whip the truck around in a donut and kick up all kinds of gravel dust, hit the gas and tear us out of there to go get rootbeer floats while mom was away :D

I miss my dad :(