in desperate need of cheering up

Options

Replies

• bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Did you hear about the butcher who backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE CARAMELLDANSEN TIME!

bI2ib.jpg
  • Caspiana
    Caspiana Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi. I am sorry to hear about all this. I really hope things turn out better. Keep your chin up. :flowerforyou:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Lone Wolf. . .this is how ladies deal. . .we vent, talk and move on. If ya' can't say anything nice, don't say anything. Clearly you were raised as a lone wolf our your momma would've taught you that!!

Oh I thought they went and bought shoes?

but, I digress...I thought women preferred honesty?

Hmmm, funny from your first comment I was thinking that YOU THOUGHT women preferred *kitten*. Guess we were both wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/MaOn76SP-8s CAT CARAMELLDANSEN TIME YEAH!

XandZeroCaramelldansen.gif

Caramelldansen.gif

Link.gif

63wwma.gif
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Check out www.imgur.com
    Problem solved!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Just go read the autocorrect thread! :laugh:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

lol wtf?! I kind of want this now.......
  • rachel_kiel
    Options
    That's called life. Deal with it. Dont rely on others to buck you up....pull yourself up and good things happen.

Sick of seeing all the damn negative people here. We all have our ups and downs and everyone needs help, OR ELSE WE WOULDN'T BE ON HERE! :grumble:

Nonetheless, I hope your day got better, and remember to always keep a smile on your face, you never know who enjoys seeing it :happy:
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I know this is a bit old, but has always been one of my favorite videos when I think life isn't going well. Hope no one has already posted it. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp6s8YmTyEY
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Or a laugh, or anything. . .

Today has been one of the worst days of my life.

Finding out I haven't got my dream job, hurting my hand, annoying neighbors, and now we have something wrong with the house. UGH. :mad: :indifferent: :frown: :cry: So please, CHEER ME UP GUYS AND GALS! Thanks.:noway:

Sorry things were going south like that. It's not always like that--it passes. Your hand will heal, you won't always have the annoying neighbors. And maybe what is wrong with the house can be fixed.
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    Ok, watch this video.. Seriously, it never fails to cheer me up. EVER. Watch it now!!! :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFmqMe0pQ5A

I have been having a pretty crappy day too--this just made it a whole lot better!! Thank you!!
  • Lee605
    Lee605 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Life can be tough, but look at your life, find ONE good thing that happened today and focus on that. You look like a very bright person, and you are strong. Focus on how you meet the challenges and that you WILL make it. Good luck....I KNOW you can do it.

One more thing, put on some music that you love and go dance....that always makes life better.

Lee
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    I am so sorry you having such a rough time--I cannot imagine dealing with all that at once. I think the things that peole have said are true and things WILL get better--even if it doesn't seem that way right now. And I am sure you are going to find another job-a better one even.
    It will probably just take a little time but things will def turnaround for you, I am sure of it. Stay positive!!!! Hang in there!!!!! hugs and best wishes!
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having a bad day. I'm having a crappy couple of days, myself. However, the drunk chicken story has me ROLLING. If you have time to watch funny videos, anything by Jenna Marbles usually makes me laugh, but "the face" is probably my go-to favorite. I can't look at her and not crack up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    To be honest, you're 18, you shouldn't even be qualified enough for your dream job, or your standards are just too low. Even as far as a year from now that job may seem like chump change. This isn't the worst day of your life, just change your perspective.

To obtain a bird's eye view is to turn a blizzard to a breeze.

Cheer up.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That's called life. Deal with it. Dont rely on others to buck you up....pull yourself up and good things happen.

I don't think this was as rude as you all think... it's nice to get hugs and pats on the shoulder when you have a super ****ty day... but I know for me, sometimes I need to hear something exactly like this to really get me to stop feeling sorry for myself and make some changes (not saying OP is feeling sorry for herself... it's just something I tend to do)

I have way too many people in my life who enable my self pity.. I need more tough love!

I think it IS rude if the OP specifically asked to be cheered up. She didn't say 'Hey guys, give me some tough love'.

To the OP, hope your day has gotten better, this site always makes me smile: http://upsidedowndogs.com/
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

but, I digress...I thought women preferred honesty?

U Serious ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    On the boat the other day with my 7 year old daughter, when leaving the marina there was a flock of ducks that I pointed out. A couple of hours later my daughter excitedly called out. " daddy, look, there are porks in the water". I asked her to repeat what she had said and said the same thing, porks, i looked over with a bewildered expression only to see a flock of ducks swimming by the boat....lol...so she had misheard me earlier in the day and thought I said porks instead of ducks, now we always look for swimming pigs every time we take the boat out.
  • Splashcd
    Splashcd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Back when I was around 16, no one would accuse me of being a ladies' man, even though I tried really hard to be.

One summer weekend, my friend and I accompanied our parents to The Bahia hotel in San Diego, and amazingly, happened to meet two attractive girls in the pool, who were a bit older than us. They invited us to join them on the beach later that evening, inferring they would have a fire going, and that we were to bring the marshmallows and sticks.

Later, when we arrived on the beach, I was quite pleased that the girls were actually there. Conversation ensued, and my friend and I were having the best night of our short lives, until... a lull.

I knew I had to act fast if I wanted to salvage our repartee, so I affixed a gelatinous air puff to the end of my stick and positioned it directly in the hearth until one of the girls commented that my marshmallow was aflame.

Feigning surprise, I started flailing the stick around in attempts to extinguish the inferno. That's right about the time the Stay-Puft became dislodged from the stick, charting a parabolic trajectory right onto one of the girl's thighs.

Evidently, a flaming marshmallow causes quite the burning sensation when coming into contact with sensitive skin. My good-intentioned comedic stunt ended tragically, as they always had. The ladies made a b-line for their hotel room, in pursuit of cold water and burn cream, and made it quite clear that they had no intention of returning.

I could only stare at the smoldering treat as it lay in the sand, unable to lift my gaze as I heard the footsteps of my friend become fainter and fainter.

That was a bad day