Am I the only one that doesn't want friends??

Options

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

However, I would never walk into a bar and yell, "I need friends! Please be my friend!"

Well hell. There goes my whole strategy.....:grumble:
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

However, I would never walk into a bar and yell, "I need friends! Please be my friend!"

Well hell. There goes my whole strategy.....:grumble:

no wonder all those people threw beer bottles at me
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I can't decide which I find more entertaining: irony or people pointing out the irony as if they were the only one to notice it.

And the irony of that is you pointing out the people pointing out the irony, as if you were the only one to notice. :tongue:

and then the irony of you pointing out the irony of him pointing out the people pointing out the irony, as if you were the only one to notice. :smokin:

come on .... lets keep it goin' lol
    Oh snap!
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I can't decide which I find more entertaining: irony or people pointing out the irony as if they were the only one to notice it.

And the irony of that is you pointing out the people pointing out the irony, as if you were the only one to notice. :tongue:

and then the irony of you pointing out the irony of him pointing out the people pointing out the irony, as if you were the only one to notice. :smokin:

come on .... lets keep it goin' lol
    Oh snap!

LMAO
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I've been on here a year and only had at most 9 friends. One day I realized that I don't post anything, nor do I have any interest in what they have to say, so I deleted everyone except my wife.
  • blakeevan04
    blakeevan04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Each to their own I guess. Some people find it easier to share their weight loss journey with people they don't know rather than bore the pants off those they do!! LOL!!

perfectly stated!!
  • bahlquist
    Options
    I have only been here a shot while
    and have made friends with a couple.
    I have got a lot of helpful info from them
    about nutrition and excercise glad to have
    them as friends.
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    I think some people are being a bit harsh to the op. you can use the forums without adding friends.

My weightloss and the food i choose are personal things for me. I had friends but it didn't really work for me. Certain friends were very judgemental and were negative always critiquing myself and others. They would go on about people having private diarys like it was wrong etc. I felt I spent a lot of time supporting people only to be randomly deleted. It made me a little annoyed that I wasted my time and worry about if I had accidently offended someone.

I see this as a long term lifestyle for me not a diet so I am not going to eating perfectly all the time. I try my best to eat well but occasionally life gets in the way and I might skip lunch or have cake for breakfast (very rare :)) I then get messages telling me I am not trying or whatever, I don't need that negativity.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I love my MFP friends! Some of them are my friends in real life, others I have become really close to through messaging, some are just there because it's nice to have people say "great job" and the rest are people that I admire and give me great motivation. I think that you can meet some really lovely people on here! Sure some people I've had to delete, and I too have been deleted - but really, I like the support.

But are you odd for not wanting them, nah. I kinda felt that way at first because I was self conscious (not saying that's your reason).

tkcasta - well stated, and I totally agree...
    My real friends have been counter productive to my diet. They know that I am on a diet and they bring food to work, ask me to join them at the bar after work. I get zero support from my "real" friends.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You do know you don't have to have an open diary don't you??? But yeah... if you don't want friends don't have them. No Biggy.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Why would you post on the message board if you dont want strangers on your friends list... I swear the amount of stupid I have come by this last week is just astonishing.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Except that isn't ironic.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well the way I look at it, we share a common goal. Why not want friends for encouragement? To each his own though...I have met some awesome folks here that I otherwise would never have had to chance to meet.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I totally get it.
    I was really hesitant at first about adding people I don't know and I wouldn't do it in any other corcstance other than on here .
    But I'm just running with it ATM.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I love the friends I have on here.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. That's why they have the decline option. :glasses:
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Some people here aren't getting the motivation or support at home, so they come here for it. So far most of the people on my FL have done exactly that, and i've done the same towards them.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Just like alannis.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Did you know "ironic" is the single most mis used word in the English language?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just like alannis.
    Did you know "ironic" is the single most mis used word in the English language?

Indeed, many of the ironic situations in her song are not. (For the record, (and perhaps for this reason), I hated that song...but really liked "You Oughta Know".)

And no, I didn't know that, but it seems plausible.