Followers of In Place of a Road Map2.0

Options

Replies

• kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Started this yesterday and I am really hopeful with it. I stalled last time for almost 2 months so I gave in and gained 5 lbs back.

This time around I have an actual plan. The main thing I have to work on and remember is to do the weightlifting also, just eating more won't cause me to lose weight as fast as I need.
  • evanesco
    evanesco Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks Dan, been following this and guess what, I'm not starving and I'm losing weight!
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    bumping for awesomeness! LOL
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Another bump, love this!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I read the plan yesterday...I was so frustrated because I was at 1490 cal diet when my bmr is 2410. I was hungry all the time.
    I felt like I was just gonna die... then I read this road map 2.0. So I ate 200 calories. Even though it was late. I was way below anyway. I was freaking out this morning when I woke thinking holy cow I bet I gained some weight since I ate then I went to bed.
    But to my surprise I lost 1.8 lbs! yay!!! I am going to give this a whirl and see how it goes!

I couldn't eat all of the calories because for once, I was so full! Ha! That's funny right?
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yay ! Thanks Dan !
    :happy:
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dan,

I want to thank you. I'm only trying to lose about 10 pounds and get back in some clothes that got too tight over the past couple of years while I've been off the fitness wagon due to life circumstances.

Anyway, MFP had me at 1200 which left me starving most days. This had me on a cycle of feeling like I had to kill myself working out all the time to earn enough calories to eat more. So I'd have a cheat day every now and then as a result. I felt unsatisfied and my pants weren't feeling any different. Then I strained my hamstring. Then I found your roadmap. I've been able to bump my calories to 1501 and have been forced to cut my workouts down in intensity...I'm doing mostly barre, Pilates, yoga and some cycling. But no more Jillian for a while.

It's only been about two weeks but my pants feel better and the scale is moving. This just feels right. I don't feel famished or like I'm punishing myself with not eating enough or working out more than I should. But I'm also seeing results which feels really good. So thank you.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bump for later because I KNOW that DAN is the man!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump-itty Bump!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Facebook page is up and we need some success stories! Like and talk about it!

https://www.facebook.com/InPlaceOfARoadMap
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    As others have said - Thanks!!!! Love the plan and the support from everyone. I've been passing the link to the roadmap onto everyone I've come across that's starting out. Like others have said it took a bit to get my mind wrapped around the idea of eating more to lose?!? That pretty much contradicted everything I'd been taught about losing weight. But it's working - little losses so far but the gym comes next week so those little lossess will become big losses shortly. The only thing I would recommend is if you have a lot of weight / inches to lose (ie me 150lbs & lots of inches...lol) to set your goals to smaller increments - first it gives you the satisfaction of meeting a goal sooner and 2nd it reminds you to re-evaluate your numbers more frequently which will keep you on course!

Love & Luck to all of you!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Facebook page is up and we need some success stories! Like and talk about it!

https://www.facebook.com/InPlaceOfARoadMap

I will do this as soon as I get back on Facebook! Thanks, Dan! You help make this really easy to eat without being hungry and still burn that fat! :smokin:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Bump womp!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    IPOARM user here!!!!! Just started yesterday, because I was hesitant to up my calories. I was only eating around 1500-1600 a day. With how much I workout, road map says i really should be eating 1800-1900 a day!! Thank you so much for what you do dan...you're the MFP guru I look up to :happy:
  • commotionstrange
    commotionstrange Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Bumping!
  • lady45
    lady45 Posts: 4
    Options
    bump