Why do girls have to be such bleep bleeps??

Options
1234568»

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Pretty Woman was such a good movie. That is what we're talking about here, right?

heehee! Remember me? You work on commission, right? big mistake. huge. I have to go shopping now.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not to be rude, but maybe you are that size? i mean i can squeeze into size 10 but just cus i can doesnt mean i am a size 10 :laugh:

i remember when i went bra shopping at a real place. i went in asking for 1 size and the store worker looked me up and down and was was like no you probably need X size (which was much larger). turns out she was right. isn't it more important to leave the store looking your best than to have your ego stroked by someone agreeing with a wrong size?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    would have certainly gone elsewhere x
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    not to be rude, but maybe you are that size? i mean i can squeeze into size 10 but just cus i can doesnt mean i am a size 10 :laugh:

i remember when i went bra shopping at a real place. i went in asking for 1 size and the store worker looked me up and down and was was like no you probably need X size (which was much larger). turns out she was right. isn't it more important to leave the store looking your best than to have your ego stroked by someone agreeing with a wrong size?

While I would *generally* agree with that statement, when someone tries on the size the person gave them and it's noticeably NOT the right size, I'd say that employee needs to admit they were incorrect and get the size the person asks for.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What a biotch. If you're going to work with customers, you need customer service skills. Her little 'tude is not okay! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. :grumble:
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    60fa4e41.jpg
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I frequently shop in there so i know how their sizes run. Although at first i was like ok maybe these run smaller but every large she gave me was huge and the straps were falling off, it looked like i was wearing a moo moo. When i tried on the mediums like i originally said they fit fine i just didnt like the style. If she was right about the size i wouldnt of been so bothered by it! Anyways i left with my medium blouse and size 6 skirt, so no i wasnt that size.
  • MoonyRose
    Options
    call head office. I once had a sales assistant be a complete bleep to me because I'm tall (5"10). I was looing for a shoe I had seen in a catalogue that was for women, and a sales assistant came over and told me "the men's sections over there if you're looking for shoes". I have big feet but they fit ladies shoes ffs. I called up head office and complained they spoke to the staff about it. I got free next day delivery on the shoes I was actually looking for, because I wasn't willing to add profit to that store ( they were
    lady's shoes!!!!) x
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Oh. Just wanted to add, I've always had to go a size up in there because the bust on all their clothes are just tiny and most of the time my boobs won't fit in a size medium or small. Sometimes I've gotten larges even though I am not a size large.

Are you large breasted? That may also be why she suggested to go a size up.
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    Oh. Just wanted to add, I've always had to go a size up in there because the bust on all their clothes are just tiny and most of the time my boobs won't fit in a size medium or small. Sometimes I've gotten larges even though I am not a size large.

Are you large breasted? That may also be why she suggested to go a size up.

No im only a B so i dont run into that problem often but i know alot of women do. If the large size fit me i would of bought it but i started getting mad when i showed her they were all too big on me and she still would say i needed a large! And believe me i dont wear tight clothes so i wouldnt try to wedge in a smaller size because i hate tight clothes. I always buy whatever size fits the best.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience when i went to buy a prom dress 2 years ago . I had recently dropped tons of weight and was toned and happy ( i gained it all back, almost gone now though) and me my mom, dad and brother went to go look at dresses. we headed to a store with bridal/prom dresses cant remember the name off the top of my head. anyways i guess maybe we didnt look like we could afford to be there which is funny because my family is very wealthy and my dad was ready to spend whatever i wanted on a dress for my special day. we had come from the waterpark so maybe that was it, im not sure. we went in and got the up down look, and when someone finally did help me she pushed me to a sale rack that was all plus size! ive never been a plus size in my life,,,i was a size 6 at the time. she than procceded to make me cry by insisting that yes i was that big and thats how it was and when i tried on a dress it looked horrible and fell off. my mom was upset and i was really upset of working my butt off to get from a 12 to a6 for this. anyways we left the store and this nice lady from a store called style america came over and took me in the store, she promptly grabebd 6 dresses all in the correct size she thought would look best and i found my dream dress :)! the lady gave me a deal on the dress as she seen what had happened in the store across the hall way.

I really recommend west edmonton malls style america for anyone needing a dress,whether prom a bride or mother of bride or bridemaids :)
  • sammiebabie333
    sammiebabie333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Why did you let someone take your sunshine away? Who cares what someone working to sell you clothes thinks about you? Your feelings are yours and yours alone, don't let an outside source change how your day is going. Inspiration comes from withIN! :) You are on a journey and they may be bumps in the road, that's why you run over them and keep going! ;) Stay positive and keep smiling! ;)
    Girls are only what they are allowed to be.. .;).
  • BBSmartypants
    Options
    I don't think you're allowed to say bleep bleep on here.

Omg died of laughter.

Too funny! :laugh:
  • BBSmartypants
    Options
    You don't deserve to ever be treated like that! No one does!

To the topic: "bleep bleeps." We don't realize how important it is to have each other. Honestly, I'd be ticked off initially but, upon later reflection, I'd feel sorry for the poor mess.

She's jealous. We can be so awful to each other, can't we? Anyway, report her bleepin' bleep so she gets bleeped out by management.

heehee

You are awesome. You are an individual. No one can tell you any different!

Cheers! =Becky
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I also live in Northern PA and people up here are always in a hurry and always miserable so you get used to it! Thats why i miss living in the south! People are genuinely nice and want to help people!

So this has gone from an issue with a sales person to us "Yankees" not being genuinely nice? Talk about a blanket generalization. I'm starting to side with the Express manager now.....LOL. Is it possible your disdain for Northerners may be more apparent than you think and perhaps part of the problem?

It started out as one salesperson being generalized to all females (at least the "girl" variety vs. us women), so why not take it a few close-minded steps farther?
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    I also live in Northern PA and people up here are always in a hurry and always miserable so you get used to it! Thats why i miss living in the south! People are genuinely nice and want to help people!

So this has gone from an issue with a sales person to us "Yankees" not being genuinely nice? Talk about a blanket generalization. I'm starting to side with the Express manager now.....LOL. Is it possible your disdain for Northerners may be more apparent than you think and perhaps part of the problem?

It started out as one salesperson being generalized to all females (at least the "girl" variety vs. us women), so why not take it a few close-minded steps farther?

Way to be positive! God forbid you dont have your wording covered from every single angle so people cant twist it and make a stupid comment about it. Everything doesnt need to be taken so literally! As you can see the post that you quoted was making a joke about what i said. But i guess you missed the LOL.
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    You don't deserve to ever be treated like that! No one does!

To the topic: "bleep bleeps." We don't realize how important it is to have each other. Honestly, I'd be ticked off initially but, upon later reflection, I'd feel sorry for the poor mess.

She's jealous. We can be so awful to each other, can't we? Anyway, report her bleepin' bleep so she gets bleeped out by management.

heehee

You are awesome. You are an individual. No one can tell you any different!

Cheers! =Becky

:laugh: Your post had me cracking up! Thanks for that! I wish i never posted this topic because this was the wrong place to vent and some of people that reply just want to attack you and be negative so they can bleep bleep off.. haha.. You are awesome as well!