stupid kiwi fruit argument!!

1235»

Replies

• Eew. No, I do not eat the skin. Gag.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Yuk, no hairy fruit skin for me. My hubby even wants the skin of a peach de-fuzzed or peeled.
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    I've never heard of anyone leaving the skin on it. I cut each end off with a knife, put a spoon in it and scoop it out - it peels itself that way, no mess, and really quick.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    I'll eat the skin as long as it has no hair on it. I don't like eating furry things.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Ooooooooooooh i love me some Kiwi.....but it has to be hard...and peeled, then I gotsta add some salt to it.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Both of you are right. I have had them both ways and either is fine. quite often the most vitamins are in the skins of fruits.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    his preference can only be good news for you in the bedroom. :wink:
  • ew, u take the skin off!
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Hmmm... Had never actually thought about eating the skin... I guess it's the same with mangos - few people bother eating the skin, which I do (as long as it's quite ripe). Will give it a go next time since kiwi peeling is a PITA and pretty messy. If I can eat it without peeling, that's great! :smile:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    He eats the skin? But it's hairy?:frown:
    um... [sigh] nevermind

I eat the skin, but I slice the kiwi first so that no single bit has too much skin.
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    I use to eat just the fruit until my husband and I had the same argument. He has always eaten the skin. I did my research and found out that the skin actually has a ton of fiber and antioxidents that your body needs. Now I eat the whole thing and if you scrub it really good with a fruit brush most of the hair comes off. I found a website with a bit of information about the skin:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/can-you-eat-kiwi-fruit-skin.html

Enjoy!

I've always peeled mine but after reading this post, I'm going to give the skin a try. Sounds interesting.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    his preference can only be good news for you in the bedroom. :wink:

Huh? What's furry kiwi have to do with the bedroom? I don't understand.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Nothing wrong with eating the skin. It's a preference. Lots of people peel All fruit. New Zealanders eat the skin. Kiwi fruit originated there. It's like cucumber, peel it? Or don't? It's a preference. Find something worthwhile to argue about. :smile:

Never heard of this before but it makes sense. All the same, I just eat the fruit...
  • My Guinea pig eats the skin, but he's a rodent!!!! :bigsmile:
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    I eat the skin. It contrasts the sweet inside of the kiwi with a slight tartness. And like the texture.