Day one with 90lbs to lose

Options
13»

Replies

• jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your decision to make that change. Don't look at it as 90 lbs, break it down into small goals. 5 lbs at a time. You'll be amazed and encouraged each time you reach a mini-goal.
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've just started. I feel overwhelmed by how much I have to lose but I believe I can do this. I'd love to get support from people as I do this.

Ignore the big number! Take each day as a personal goal and succeed. You'll do great don't put too much pressure on yourself with the 90 pounds, you'll get there!
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello there. My name is Tammy. I started my weight loss journey February 8th 2012. At the time I weighed 288lbs at 5'9". I was miserable. I set my goal weight at 155 lbs. or where I feel healthiest which ever came first. I am currently down 83lbs!! My current weight is 203lbs. I am still looking for 155lbs, or where I feel healthiest. While I feel great I am just not there yet. If you need of want any tips, help or encouragement add me as a friend and I will help whenever needed!!

A couple rules of thumb. HIGH FIBER!!! Keeps you full, helps you burn fat. LOTS OF WATER!!! Keeps you hydrated, keeps you full! whenever you eat your plate should consist of at least half the plate being veggies. The more veggies you eat the more you feel full and the longer you feel full.

Do not slow your way into a diet plan, jump in fully feet first!! You will get more bang for your buck!! Also do not get discouraged if you seem to slow after the first 2 weeks, typically on any weight loss program your first 2 weeks you will see a significant weight loss then the next 2 weeks will normally be 1/2 that. that is completely normal the first 2 weeks you typically lose water weight. Also being female note that our weight loss fluctuates just like our hormones so again do not get discouraged if every 2 weeks your weight loss is less than the other 2 weeks. As your hormones fluctuate so will your weight loss.

Great breakfast filling foods....Yogurt and 1 cup of fresh red raspberries!! When I eat this combo I forget about food!!!

I'm so glad you talked about the second two weeks because I've hit a plateau on week 3 and was getting discouraged.
  • dcaf1962
    dcaf1962 Posts: 16
    Options
    You have come to the right place. Start by logging everything you put in your mouth, and the computer will do the rest. This site will tell you how many calories you need to eat, and how many calories you have used up. Also, if you exercise and log it, you get to eat more. How can you go wrong. Just be true to the computer, and the computer will work for you. If you have diet questions, such as what is healthy and what is not (my husband did not have a clue), I will be happy to tell you what I know. Good luck to you.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have 40 to lose then on to more! Add me if you would like. You can never have enuf support!!!
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i am just starting my 3rd week and have lost 9 lbs, long way to go but I hear you. I signed up with a registered dietician who has been very helpful. It is all done over the computer and phone. She is a great resource for any questions I have and I know I will be eating healthy. She has given me different meals to follow based on my food likes and dislikes to start off with. If you can do this I highly recommend it ... lots of support and healthy weight loss. Just take it one day at a time ... don't look too far ahead, i agree small goals are good to start with. GOOD LUCK!
    27650993.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • GoaliesWife123
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Congrats on getting started! One step at a time!
  • desirae1983
    desirae1983 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started! I am a newcomer to the community on MFP but I have been logging off and on for over a year. I am hoping that by becoming more active in the community I will find additional support and I am more than happy to support others :) Feel free to add me if you would like.