Exercise type - s e x

Options

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Also surprised sperm isn't added to the food area; I'm sure this could help some people reach their protein intake calories. LOL!

I've seen it discussed in posts like this before.
  • JamieAlexandraX
    JamieAlexandraX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I seriously LOLd at this!
    Also surprised sperm isn't added to the food area; I'm sure this could help some people reach their protein intake calories. LOL!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it would be kind of awkward if you wanted to comment on someones status with that on there..
    "SoAndSo burned 394 calories doing 70 minutes of Intense Lovemaking!"

What do you say to something like that, if you're one of those people who likes to congratulate people on their exercise? "Good burn?" "They lasted THAT long?" "Get some!"

:D LOL!
    It looks like a lot here: http://www.dailymuscle.com/2006/05/12/lets-talk-about-sex-and-calories/
    And BTW I actually DO bellydance.
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We joke at home that I'm gonna try it with my HRM on to see how many calories it burns. Would be interesting!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Honestly because it doesn't burn as many calories for women. It's also not something that is done to the same intensity the whole time.

The point of adding exercise on MFP is to eat the calories back so you keep your deficit. Sex burns a minimum amount of calories and if you're putting anything over 50 you're just fooling yourself.

^^ You're not doing it right.......
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Double post.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that I am not doing SOLELY for exercise.
    So cleaning... Shopping... Intimacy... I don't log those kinda things.
  • Anticipated_Serendipity
    Options
    I've seen a friend add it to there "my exercises" as "That loving feeling". It makes me chuckle. I don't find it awkward though. It is a decent exercise, might not burn tons, but dammit it burns more than 0.

And I laugh at the fact of someone wearing an HRM during there love making time. It's comical. DO IT! :D
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Sex is not exercise. First off if you do it often enough (daily) it's part of your daily expenditure and your body accustomed to it.

Second..... why are you thinking about calories burned during sex?? ENJOY IT! That's what it's for!!!!! Show your partner some passion and love and forget about everything else!!!

Also... 900 calories an hour sounds like a lot..... but for only 15 minutes..... not as much as you think.
    Ha ha ha
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    I was telling someone guys would be falsely logging hour workouts instead of the ten to fifteen variety...then you gotta differentiate between light, moderate, and intense in the database..then do you add an extra entry for crazy stuff like...

So and so burned 69 calories doing moderate intensity sex with gymnastic flips included for 16 minutes lol
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    The pros call it BMF adjustment. Just take a look around...
  • soccerme8
    Options
    I added breast feeding to it, don't see why you couldn't add sex:)
  • relucas81
    Options
    Whoever adds it, make sure you mark the different distinctions... rough sex, passive sex, etc, as I am sure the calorie burns are much different
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    On a similar site, "Sexual Activity" is listed as an exercise option. It does not post publicly, though. The calories burned show up in the talley, but the activity itself is invisible to others. There were a couple of different levels of this activity as well...passive/light; moderate and vigorous.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    It sounds like it would be kind of awkward if you wanted to comment on someones status with that on there..
    "SoAndSo burned 394 calories doing 70 minutes of Intense Lovemaking!"

What do you say to something like that, if you're one of those people who likes to congratulate people on their exercise? "Good burn?" "They lasted THAT long?" "Get some!"

It looks like a lot here: http://www.dailymuscle.com/2006/05/12/lets-talk-about-sex-and-calories/

Wow I just read that and I am burning a lot of calories, haha.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'd think this would just be included in your daily activity level.
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Interesting article.

[/quote]

Don't know why this didn't quote.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Whoever adds it, make sure you mark the different distinctions... rough sex, passive sex, etc, as I am sure the calorie burns are much different

"... burned 15 calories doing 3 minutes of sex, passive"

I would cry for the person if I saw this
  • nsmith6325
    Options
    Alright, the really funny entries would be the difference in how each participant logged it..."he logs wild passionate night time activity" and "she logs average night time activity"...would create an interesting conversation LOL.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options

It is in the database as "Cum" and the serving size is "1 squirt" and apparently a container is 6 squirts