What do you run to?

Options
2»

Replies

• cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like mixing up my music to keep me motivated. So I subscribe to a few podcasts:

- fitmusic.com
    -podrunner
    - Paul Oakenfold
    - Tiesto

A new podcast is delivered each week so I never get bored of my music and it introduces me to new music. Plus, with fitmusic.com and podrunner the music is chosen based on BPMs so I find it's the perfect mix for running.

Hope this helps :)
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Hello! I'm in desperate need of some good up-beat music to run to. So, what kind of music do you play when you run? Any suggestions are welcome, but I'm not a big fan of techno or heavy stuff. Here are a few that I have on my iPod now:

B.O.B. - Outkast - the BEST song by far to run to
    Dare - Gorillaz
    Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
    Shut Up & Drive - Rihanna
    Just Dance - Lady GaGa

Any suggestions????

If you like Gaga, I suggest you check out Ke$ha's debut album Animal. I pretty much added the whole album to my work out playlist! VERY awesome clubish/popish music!

B
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    I like mixing up my music to keep me motivated. So I subscribe to a few podcasts:

- fitmusic.com
    -podrunner
    - Paul Oakenfold
    - Tiesto

A new podcast is delivered each week so I never get bored of my music and it introduces me to new music. Plus, with fitmusic.com and podrunner the music is chosen based on BPMs so I find it's the perfect mix for running.

Hope this helps :)

I love podrunner I am going to have to check out the other three!
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I tried out BPM Analyzer, its a free download that will analyze your beats per minute of each song, and then you can add those songs to a "workout" playlist for example.

It has some kinks, and isn't perfect, but a good way to make sure you don't get stuck working out to a slow love ballad.

http://www.mixmeister.com/bpmanalyzer/bpmanalyzer.asp
  • LCreutz
    LCreutz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips...I will have to get busy on the computer!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Nickleback's rockstar is great! Other songs are also good by them!
  • thecheese
    thecheese Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just loaded the new rihanna Cd Rated R There are some good beats. In my rotation right now I have Bad Religion, Kanye Stronger, Beyonce Irreplaceble, U2 Joshua Tree (my zen on long runs), Eminem, Limp Bizkit, Tool-Vicarious, The Pot, Puscifer Momma sed, Green Day American Idiot, Jay-z Empire state of Mind, Run this town.... I personally have to have music I can sing along to :)