• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Do I believe in "the One?" Yes.
    How else are you gonna get to "the Two" and "the Three?"
  • idaman76
    idaman76 Posts: 40
    Options
    When her first husband brought her to my house.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    The love of my life came into my life 25 years ago, she was 7 lbs 7 oz with beautiful dark hair and a smile that melted my heart from day one. Her mother gave me custudy shortly after our divorce and I raised her since she was 5....her mom has had nothing to do with her since she was 11. Fast forward 25 years and she is still my baby girl who I speak to almost daily, tho she is married and has her own love of her life now....my 6 month old grandson. She is an inspiration to me daily, she graduated with honors from HS and College, became the lead 1st grade teacher in only her 2nd year, was put in for teacher of the year and is one of the best moms around. My 2nd love of my life came about 9 years after my first. I was blessed with a bouncy baby boy, all 8 lbs of beautiful boy.....he is now 16 and wants very little to do with dad....spreading his wings and looking for himself. I am so amazed that my first wife gave me my daughter when she was only 5 and my 2nd wife gave me my son when he was 8......they missed so much that they will never get back. They both wanted their freedom and had no room for a child. On the bright side, I been blessed with the awesome responsibility to raise these two wonderful children. As for the love of my life partner......one day our path will cross

Hat off to you!! That proves that Dads aren't the only ones who will just walk away form a child. They are blessed to have yo as their Father! It's their mother's loss!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Met in high school, ran with the same crowd. After graduation, he was off to the Marines and I went to college. Fast forward a few years, he comes back from deployment and I moved home. We hit it off and eventually started dating. 5 years together, 3 of them married and now have a beautiful 2 year old daughter to complete our family.

He really is my true love.:heart::love: :heart: :smooched: :heart:
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am a talker doesn't matter if it is a man or woman I am not shy. Most people will say won't that guy just shut up sometimes. I love to talk. I will spout off all kinds of useless information sometimes wrong( I like it when I am corrected so I can research it) So what's this have to do with my true love

When I started going to college at 18 I saw this attractive woman in a class that started right behind mine.( went to a tech school where classes start every 8 weeks.) I kept passing by her and could not talk. I was dumbfounded I didn't know what to do. This went on for weeks. Every time she would look my way I would get all shy and walk away. So I started to tell my brother about her and he told me dude you need to talk to this woman. A couple of weeks went by and still nothing. My brother asked did I talk to her when I told him no he said " the next time I talk to you. You better tell me you talked to her or I am going to kick you A@@" Now since he is 7 years older than me and beat me up all of the time I listened. So when I saw her a couple of days later I nervously went up to her and started talking. I could not tell you what we talked about but I was a fool. The thing that broke the ice was when I mentioned that my birthday was in a couple of weeks. She said so is hers. Come to find out we have the same exact birthday. I am only 3 hours and 20mins older. That was when I FINALLY asked her out. 11+ years later we are still madly in love with each other.

This is adorable.
    The love of my life came into my life 25 years ago, she was 7 lbs 7 oz with beautiful dark hair and a smile that melted my heart from day one. Her mother gave me custudy shortly after our divorce and I raised her since she was 5....her mom has had nothing to do with her since she was 11. Fast forward 25 years and she is still my baby girl who I speak to almost daily, tho she is married and has her own love of her life now....my 6 month old grandson. She is an inspiration to me daily, she graduated with honors from HS and College, became the lead 1st grade teacher in only her 2nd year, was put in for teacher of the year and is one of the best moms around. My 2nd love of my life came about 9 years after my first. I was blessed with a bouncy baby boy, all 8 lbs of beautiful boy.....he is now 16 and wants very little to do with dad....spreading his wings and looking for himself. I am so amazed that my first wife gave me my daughter when she was only 5 and my 2nd wife gave me my son when he was 8......they missed so much that they will never get back. They both wanted their freedom and had no room for a child. On the bright side, I been blessed with the awesome responsibility to raise these two wonderful children. As for the love of my life partner......one day our path will cross

And so is this
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    December 2003 :) We were both 22...love at first sight...celebrated our second wedding anniversary 2 weeks ago :love: :bigsmile:
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was 39 and he was 45. We got married 4 years later and have been very happy together for 9 years now! The best part is that I wasn't even looking for love, but it found me anyway! And I was at my highest weight when I met him. That's why I hate to see people putting their lives on hold until after they lose weight. DON'T DO THAT! Your life is waiting for you to live RIGHT NOW! GO LIVE YOUR LIFE AND BE HAPPY NOW!
  • bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Met in Kindergarten, Married at 19 just out of high school and been together 24 years. WoO HOOO
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    October 8, 2011

At a sushi bar.... at least that is the story we like to tell..... but we actually met online...FitnessSingles.com :wink: :love:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    What is love?
    \
    Baby don't hurt me...
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    What is love?

♪♫ Baby don't hurt me.....don't hurt me...no more...♪♫

(thanks, now that is in my head....)

Edit: LOL Natasha...great minds... :wink:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

this is sad and sweet and awesome at the same time. you may have had bad luck with wives, but have been blessed twice with beautiful children. one day your true love will come and you make it three in your life.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What is love?

Woot, people caught on lol
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am a talker doesn't matter if it is a man or woman I am not shy. Most people will say won't that guy just shut up sometimes. I love to talk. I will spout off all kinds of useless information sometimes wrong( I like it when I am corrected so I can research it) So what's this have to do with my true love

When I started going to college at 18 I saw this attractive woman in a class that started right behind mine.( went to a tech school where classes start every 8 weeks.) I kept passing by her and could not talk. I was dumbfounded I didn't know what to do. This went on for weeks. Every time she would look my way I would get all shy and walk away. So I started to tell my brother about her and he told me dude you need to talk to this woman. A couple of weeks went by and still nothing. My brother asked did I talk to her when I told him no he said " the next time I talk to you. You better tell me you talked to her or I am going to kick you A@@" Now since he is 7 years older than me and beat me up all of the time I listened. So when I saw her a couple of days later I nervously went up to her and started talking. I could not tell you what we talked about but I was a fool. The thing that broke the ice was when I mentioned that my birthday was in a couple of weeks. She said so is hers. Come to find out we have the same exact birthday. I am only 3 hours and 20mins older. That was when I FINALLY asked her out. 11+ years later we are still madly in love with each other.

This is adorable.

Thank you :smile:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    What is love?

:laugh: Yep, stuck in mine too.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    What is love?

Woot, people caught on lol

LOL so you did that on purpose?
    You rock :laugh:
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    June 1999. Playing soccer with some friends. Blew out my knee just about the time she pulled up. Her friend saw her and said, "Hey! She know's first aid". After she gave me a leaky ice pack, I knew I had to keep an eye on her. A month later we started dating. 2 weeks later we were engaged. 5 months later married. Almost 13 years and 4 kids later, still happily married. :)
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Ah, to believe in the concept of true love. After all, true love is the greatest thing in the world...except for a nice MLT: Mutton, lettuce, and tomato, especially when the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe. They're so perky, I love that!

g1336572393935478350.jpg
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    August 2, 1997 (we were 15). He had spiked green and blue hair. I knew the minute I saw him he was the one. We've been married for 10 years and we have two kids. Love at first sight does exist.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    We met in college...in karate class lol. I thought he was adorable. He did not notice me until I asked for his number.