*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time before text and internet and mobile phones, each town had its own manual telephone exchange, and during this age, writing was popular.
    Sat in our billet the day before pay-day a group of us lonely soldiers, devised an application form for a date with a British Squaddie, and mimiographed it and sent it to about a dozen telephone exchanges all over the UK.
    These in turn copied the form and sent it to dozens of other telephone exchanges, at which my future wife was working.
    She filled the form out as a dare from her friends and took it home, with no intention of sending it off to me.
    When she got home she put it on the mantle above the fire, and thought nothing of it.
    Unfortunately for her, her mother put a stamp on it and posted it, and now 43 years on I'm still married to my best friend.

:drinker:

What a lovely story! :heart:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Met in high school, ran with the same crowd. After graduation, he was off to the Marines and I went to college. Fast forward a few years, he comes back from deployment and I moved home. We hit it off and eventually started dating. 5 years together, 3 of them married and now have a beautiful 2 year old daughter to complete our family.

He really is my true love.:heart::love: :heart: :smooched: :heart:

I am happy for you!x
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    December 2003 :) We were both 22...love at first sight...celebrated our second wedding anniversary 2 weeks ago :love: :bigsmile:

Hope to the world! :D hehe
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    We played LittleLeague Baeball against each other when were11 & 12 years old. His team and my team were usually in the championship against each other. So there was a huge rivalry.

We met again 7 years later when he was at a party at my cousin's house. I walked out to the back porch to get a can of pop and he followed me and when I turned around with my pop he grabbed me and kissed me.

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this year!!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was 39 and he was 45. We got married 4 years later and have been very happy together for 9 years now! The best part is that I wasn't even looking for love, but it found me anyway! And I was at my highest weight when I met him. That's why I hate to see people putting their lives on hold until after they lose weight. DON'T DO THAT! Your life is waiting for you to live RIGHT NOW! GO LIVE YOUR LIFE AND BE HAPPY NOW!

This made me feel a bit better
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Met in Kindergarten, Married at 19 just out of high school and been together 24 years. WoO HOOO

wow!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    October 8, 2011

At a sushi bar.... at least that is the story we like to tell..... but we actually met online...FitnessSingles.com :wink: :love:

Lol no shame in that!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    June 1999. Playing soccer with some friends. Blew out my knee just about the time she pulled up. Her friend saw her and said, "Hey! She know's first aid". After she gave me a leaky ice pack, I knew I had to keep an eye on her. A month later we started dating. 2 weeks later we were engaged. 5 months later married. Almost 13 years and 4 kids later, still happily married. :)

This is such a fun story!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    August 2, 1997 (we were 15). He had spiked green and blue hair. I knew the minute I saw him he was the one. We've been married for 10 years and we have two kids. Love at first sight does exist.

Hehe punk love XD
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met in college...in karate class lol. I thought he was adorable. He did not notice me until I asked for his number.

Yes girl power ! :D
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my true love 13 years ago in an AOL chatroom. Come to find out we lived only 10 minutes from each other and went to the same high school, but he is 4 years older than me, so I was starting high school once he graduated. Married 2 years exactly on the day we met and still married today.

:)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We worked together at Domino's Pizza, I was 17 and he was 19, we started dating (Feb. 2005) and my mom asked about him and I said "eh, he's okay, but I dunno if I really like him that much" and she said "you'll marry him" ...she was right! ;)
    when he first asked me out I told him I really wasn't looking for a boyfriend and he said "well, let's just give it a try" so we did
    we've been together 7 and 1/2 years now, married for a little more than a year.

How sweet!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    It was a windy night in Pocatello. My friends and I were floating towards the ceiling as we were armchair cowboys. Then through the fog came a picture of beauty followed by my dweeby friend and some other broads who really didn't catch my attention. The girl of my dreams had been draping herself over my room mate and so to screw with her I stared to mess with an insignificant girl to draw jealousy out of her. wow spot on and intense! She was pissed. I saw the fire flare in her eyes and pushed farther to the point the only girl that would ever matter tramped out the door with the insignificants following her. She later married my room mate and he wanted me to be the best man, but she would have nothing of it, I was disinvited to the wedding. Three months later he begged her to let me move in and to his detriment she said yes. Poor guy didn't know what hit him. I threw him an insignificant from the street and he left me with the girl of my dreams. She says she doesn't get jealous but i see it every once in a while!!!!! It turns me on. She is so hot and beautiful when she is mad. I am sure she is gleaming right now as she reads this!!

Haha and the winner for the weirdest story goes to..
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    June 1988....we were both 17. I also believe in love at first site :heart: Hanging out with a friend who knew my husband and we ran into him and that was it :heart: Got married in 1991...we now have 3 kids ages 13, 15 and 18 and we will have our 21st wedding anniversary in October.

YAY congrats!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    When I was 16, I met him online through his friend and we have been together ever since. I've lived with him for a year, been together for 8 in December, been engaged for 4 (weren't living together so didn't set a date) and we are starting to discuss setting a date for our wedding!

Awesome!
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    25th May, 2007. :) I know I liked him the very first time I saw him, when I was coming up a flight of stairs with my Mom, and he was talking to some people. Our eyes met for like a second or so - I am not sure if he even remembers it! (Though he remembers the day...)

We are celebrating our fifth anniversary this November.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met on World of Warcraft.

<3

LOL this is probably how my brother will meet someone too
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was 19, he was 23...& also my best friends brother :tongue: We're together nearly three years now and she is finally starting to come round to the idea haha! :laugh: I'd known him to see/say hello to for a few years while we were both in different relationships...he had long hair back then haha! But when we first ran into eachother (single) in a night club we locked eyes, spoke all night but cant remember a word of what we spoke about, and he held my hand and walked me home...a week later we were an item...two weeks later he told me he'd fallen in love with me at first sight...three weeks later we were talking about moving in together, marriage & babies...now we're still blissfully happy & just enjoying the ride! :heart:

You are soo lucky!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was eleven, and we had mutual friends. We went to the same school. We broke up when I was 14 and started dating again when I was 15 ½. She was killed by a drunk driver 6 months later.

I'm sorry :'(
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    January this year! :flowerforyou:

I wasnt going to go out and I didnt think i was ready.

I went out

I was ready.

I have never loved this deeply before! He is incredible and we balance each other out so well!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

This is the man I am going to marry ...have children with and grow old with!