*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 and he was 24 in July 2009.. it was at a party but it was the next night when I went on a date with his FRIEND and we double dated with him and my friend! o.O I fell in love with him that night lol. We didn't start dating however til September 2010.. so yeah, it took wayyy too long for us to get together, but meeting up and hanging out before that always had my giddy :D We're still together today :) Going on our 2 year on the 4th of September!!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I have 2.
    1. I met him on 5/8/2002...my first-born son, Aiden.
    2. I met this one on 4/19/2010...my little moose, Dominic.

Recent events have rocked my perception of true love: what it means, stands for, and my belief of the things/thoughts/feelings with it in regards to a relationship/marriage, it seems that the love children have for others is really the only pure, true love there is.

Just priceless:flowerforyou:
  • thedandylion
    Options
    I met my first and only boyfriend on Twitter, added him in 30th Sep 2009 but nothing really happened until Jan 2010. 2 and a half years later, we're engaged and living together with 2 rats.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    On a dating website. He was working in Alabama. We started talking and found out I lived 8 miles from his home town. He came home 2 months later and it has been 3 years Sept 11th.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Undercity
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I birthed him.

So true!!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    After all the icing was melted and just after she slipped from the oven!!!!! Mmmm, I'm hungry!
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    He was my penpal in highschool. Just celebrated 16 years of marriage. :)
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    14th July 1985, we were 16. Married at 23, still together at 43 :heart:
    He was my first proper boyfriend too :smile:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    My first true love? The day I had my first ultrasound and got to see my baby boy (who is now 6years old). :wink: This boy taught me everything I needed to know about love and loving myself.

I met my husband a few years later online (we started talking because we went to the same high school and I knew his sister).
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I started to talking to the love of my life about a year ago here on MFP!!! we then went to facebook, then phone, then met in person and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me!! We are getting married in October! Thank you MFP!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    He was 16, I was 19 - we were best friends for ten years and then became a couple. Twenty years later (to the day that we started dating) we got married. Last weekend DH turned 50 and we are as in love now as we ever were. It certainly helped that we were such good friends first though x
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My husband, back in 2007 at Ashland University, we worked on Tech Crew (we would set up and tear down for campus events) and a year later we started dating, and we got married Sept 24th, 2011 :) (We got engaged on my 21st birthday on Aug 15th, 2009 in Frankemuth MI, with the sunset along the Cass River, so we were engaged for 2 years before we got married).

My little man (aka my son) June of last year (i was 6.5 weeks by then) and he came into the world Jan 2012 :)
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Had a really bad relationship in Va. After 4 years of that, got out, moved to a new state and took a year off from dating. Decided to try a dating website (match.com). Met my wife there. She had just been newly separated and was only on because she heard her ex was on there trolling and she was trying to keep tabs on him for court and I had joined just for one month to see what was out there. We met with 1 week left each in our memberships. 2 weeks of talking and 2 dates were all it took. That was 9 years and 2 kids ago... :heart: :love:
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i met my hun in a night club :D
    i was with a friend and suddenly she went out with some guy. i was left alone :angry:
    so i was a bit drunk and i didn't want to be alone in the middle of the club and i came to some guy and said: ''hello! i know you from a library!'' (i acctualy saw him in a library few days ago) and he laughed. we started to chat and we kissed, exchanged our numbers and here we are now in a year and a half relationship :happy:
    it's the best relationship i've ever had and i know i'll be with him forever :heart:
  • Missanticipated
    Options
    First time we met I was in a pub we got on but that was that. Second time we met I was on a date with one of his friends and he wouldn't leave me alone 3rd time we met we slept together. 3 months later we were engaged, 6 months later we were married and now we've been married 3 years :D
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Highschool.. I was a freshman, he was a junior.. I met him my very first day of high school but didn't actually talk to him or start dating until a couple weeks after when I got the nerve to go up to his locker and say hi. We started dating later that day. Now we're married with 3 kids.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    I was in college, working in customer service at Sears. It was October, and all the Christmas decorations were being displayed. I had to go pick up tickets from the different departments. When I got to the Christmas area, the guy working there put a strand of Christmas beads on me. When I got to Plumbing, they broke. The guy there fixed them for me. A week later we went on our first date. Six months later we were married. We are still best friends, and we have been together for 39 years!!!!
  • amallia921
    Options
    March 2008. I had just came back from WLC (army training.) and he was the one of the new soldiers to our unit. I walked into the supply room and he was sitting there. The first thing I said to my husband was, "Who the f*** are you?" Everyone in our unit told him to stay away from me because he wasnt good enough for me. (Even though I think it was the other way around) But I think I feel in love with him when he climbed up the side of the barracks to talk to me (instead of using the stairs) Of course he was drunk too. lmao We got married two months after that.
  • NevaFiona
    NevaFiona Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We were both 14. We dated but it had to end because I was moving away. We never talked and we completely forgot about each other. Then seven years later I was playing Xbox with a few friends, he was in the chat party with one of his friends and we started talking. I asked him out on a date and the rest is history now our one year Anni is coming up in Sept. :D