*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    I met mine last year 26 August (a year yesterday) at a bachelors and spinsters (bns) ball. He was friends with my friends but we had never met. I am so glad we did :D

me too!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met online. We were both looking for a serious relationship and tired of the conventional "oh, just go to a bar, you'll meet someone" attitude so many have. Turned out that he was good friends with a guy I went to HS with but our paths never crossed. We've been together just over almost 2.5 years and engaged for 2 months. I can't wait to marry the love of my life. He is so amazing. I knew from the first night we met that I was going to marry him. None of my friends believed me, but here we are! I couldn't ask for anything better :o)

YAY :D
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Once upon a time before text and internet and mobile phones, each town had its own manual telephone exchange, and during this age, writing was popular.
    Sat in our billet the day before pay-day a group of us lonely soldiers, devised an application form for a date with a British Squaddie, and mimiographed it and sent it to about a dozen telephone exchanges all over the UK.
    These in turn copied the form and sent it to dozens of other telephone exchanges, at which my future wife was working.
    She filled the form out as a dare from her friends and took it home, with no intention of sending it off to me.
    When she got home she put it on the mantle above the fire, and thought nothing of it.
    Unfortunately for her, her mother put a stamp on it and posted it, and now 43 years on I'm still married to my best friend.

:drinker:

I was brorn in 94 lol so I can't imagine what this must be like but it sounds really romantic :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    When he tried to steal my taxi. I was in my first year at uni, and quite drunk. But it turned out we were going in the same direction, and he said he'd pay for the taxi if I let him share. We got chatting and agreed to meet up again. The rest is history (including 10 years of marriage and 3 kids!)

Wow these things don't happen often! :D
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We played LittleLeague Baeball against each other when were11 & 12 years old. His team and my team were usually in the championship against each other. So there was a huge rivalry.

We met again 7 years later when he was at a party at my cousin's house. I walked out to the back porch to get a can of pop and he followed me and when I turned around with my pop he grabbed me and kissed me.

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this year!!

Hehe that's so cute! 20 years yay :D
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    He was a patient in the dental office I work at. I snatched him up quick LOL
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    25th May, 2007. :) I know I liked him the very first time I saw him, when I was coming up a flight of stairs with my Mom, and he was talking to some people. Our eyes met for like a second or so - I am not sure if he even remembers it! (Though he remembers the day...)

We are celebrating our fifth anniversary this November.

That's so sweet :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    January this year! :flowerforyou:

I wasnt going to go out and I didnt think i was ready.

I went out

I was ready.

I have never loved this deeply before! He is incredible and we balance each other out so well!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

This is the man I am going to marry ...have children with and grow old with!

Just goes to show! Love creeps up on the best of us! (well not me) lol I'm happy you found him!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    He was a patient in the dental office I work at. I snatched him up quick LOL

That must have been quite a day :P
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    *~*~ I didn't miss anyone's story did I? *~*
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    January this year! :flowerforyou:

I wasnt going to go out and I didnt think i was ready.

I went out

I was ready.

I have never loved this deeply before! He is incredible and we balance each other out so well!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

This is the man I am going to marry ...have children with and grow old with!

Just goes to show! Love creeps up on the best of us! (well not me) lol I'm happy you found him!

Oh me too and i met him 13kg heavier than I am now, I also have Psoriasis so he has his hands full but loves me all the same!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I met my dear, sweet Gary in high school. <3. I was actually already "dating" someone over the intarwebz (I was a weird fifteen-year-old), but I had moved to a new school and Gary became a really good friend. Not too long after that, it was pretty clear how he felt about me and how I knew I felt about him, so I broke things off with the long-distance boyfriend and started spending more time with Gary.

There were plenty of ups and downs, and honestly probably more downs for the first two years due to a lot of issues resulting from years of pent up emotional abuse I had experienced at home. We broke up, and it was meant to be permanent. (Sorry, totally trying not to share my life story). Everything changed, I dated another boy, he dated another girl. I was cheated on with three other girls in one weekend, Gary's girlfriend left him for his best childhood friend. Life sucked, whatever.

We started talking again, he saw changes in me and wanted to try it over again. Nearly three years later, things have never been the same, and I'm so so so ridiculously happy, and on top of that, I can actually *see* that he's happy too. I really love him.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I never believed in true love or finding your soul mate. The phrase, "this is as good as it gets" was something I quoted to myself on more than one occasion as a sad reflection that I could not expect the ideal relationship I put on a pedestal in my mind.

Then I hired this married woman for my office. I never "noticed" her (something she still teases me about from time to time). She was married, I was in a relationship.

Fast forward a year and we were both parents and both single.

Fast forward again and we started going out for a drink as friends to compare notes on our vile ex's and the difficulties we were encountering. Found we really liked each other and had so much in common. Love blossomed from the friendship.

Been married for 11 years now, it was our son's 9th birthday this weekend, and now I often find myself saying this is as good as it gets because I believe in my heart and my head that she is my soulmate, my true love and that what we have together cannot be bettered.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my dear, sweet Gary in high school. <3. I was actually already "dating" someone over the intarwebz (I was a weird fifteen-year-old), but I had moved to a new school and Gary became a really good friend. Not too long after that, it was pretty clear how he felt about me and how I knew I felt about him, so I broke things off with the long-distance boyfriend and started spending more time with Gary.

There were plenty of ups and downs, and honestly probably more downs for the first two years due to a lot of issues resulting from years of pent up emotional abuse I had experienced at home. We broke up, and it was meant to be permanent. (Sorry, totally trying not to share my life story). Everything changed, I dated another boy, he dated another girl. I was cheated on with three other girls in one weekend, Gary's girlfriend left him for his best childhood friend. Life sucked, whatever.

We started talking again, he saw changes in me and wanted to try it over again. Nearly three years later, things have never been the same, and I'm so so so ridiculously happy, and on top of that, I can actually *see* that he's happy too. I really love him.

I'm glad you're back together!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I never believed in true love or finding your soul mate. The phrase, "this is as good as it gets" was something I quoted to myself on more than one occasion as a sad reflection that I could not expect the ideal relationship I put on a pedestal in my mind.

Then I hired this married woman for my office. I never "noticed" her (something she still teases me about from time to time). She was married, I was in a relationship.

Fast forward a year and we were both parents and both single.

Fast forward again and we started going out for a drink as friends to compare notes on our vile ex's and the difficulties we were encountering. Found we really liked each other and had so much in common. Love blossomed from the friendship.

Been married for 11 years now, it was our son's 9th birthday this weekend, and now I often find myself saying this is as good as it gets because I believe in my heart and my head that she is my soulmate, my true love and that what we have together cannot be bettered.

This is so sweet! I want something like this too lol
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sitting on a speaker in a club, waiting for my cousin, who I thought was getting chatted up - turns out he was asking about me!!! That was 19 1/2 years ago & we celebrate 5 years of marriage on Friday (we're slow movers lol)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Sitting on a speaker in a club, waiting for my cousin, who I thought was getting chatted up - turns out he was asking about me!!! That was 19 1/2 years ago & we celebrate 5 years of marriage on Friday (we're slow movers lol)

Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    January 5, 2002....Fort McAllister, GA just west of Savannah.

We were married 4-1/2 months later. Ten years later, still going strong, and still crazy about each other like that first day!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I have 2 true loves, they call me Mom, the first one was March '99 and the other Nov '06. :heart:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    We met in 1996. Were friends for 9 months, and have been together almost 16 years.