*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    5 years ago.
    We had a son
    But he has never loved me back and never will.
    I don't know how long it has been since I saw him
    Last but I will always love him.
    So I'll always be alone.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    We met in homeroom our freshman year in high school. We didn't really speak to each other at all until the summer before our senior year. My best friend and his best friend set up a date between us and it just took off. :) 6 years later and we're still going strong despite a few bumps in the road. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I was a waitress at an upscale steakhouse and he was a cook. He chased me for 6 months, trying to get me to go out with him, but I wasn't interested. Eventually, he convinced me to come to his apartment to watch the superbowl. I went and we "officially" started dating. That was in January 1991. He came home with me on Valentine's Day that year and never left. We were married the next May. We just had our 20th Anniversary in May of this year. He is my best friend and I do believe he is not only my true love, but my soul mate. It took us almost getting divorced to realize exactly what we had in each other and to really appreciate it.

The saying "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" is very, very true in our case.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    January 5, 2002....Fort McAllister, GA just west of Savannah.

We were married 4-1/2 months later. Ten years later, still going strong, and still crazy about each other like that first day!

I don't get how you do it :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I have 2 true loves, they call me Mom, the first one was March '99 and the other Nov '06. :heart:

My little sister was '99 too ! I'm '94
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met in 1996. Were friends for 9 months, and have been together almost 16 years.

Well done!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    5 years ago.
    We had a son
    So I'll always be alone.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    5 years ago.
    We had a son
    So I'll always be alone.

I'm sorry :(
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met in homeroom our freshman year in high school. We didn't really speak to each other at all until the summer before our senior year. My best friend and his best friend set up a date between us and it just took off. :) 6 years later and we're still going strong despite a few bumps in the road. :)

well done !
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was a waitress at an upscale steakhouse and he was a cook. He chased me for 6 months, trying to get me to go out with him, but I wasn't interested. Eventually, he convinced me to come to his apartment to watch the superbowl. I went and we "officially" started dating. That was in January 1991. He came home with me on Valentine's Day that year and never left. We were married the next May. We just had our 20th Anniversary in May of this year. He is my best friend and I do believe he is not only my true love, but my soul mate. It took us almost getting divorced to realize exactly what we had in each other and to really appreciate it.

The saying "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" is very, very true in our case.

Great turn around!
  • TigerLily1973
    Options
    In high school...only we didn't like each other in "that" way then. It wasn't until after he had joined the Army and gone through basic training, and I had graduated from high school and started college that we met up again .... Now, 21 years and four kids later, we still act like teenagers in love :love:
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have 2.
    1. I met him on 5/8/2002...my first-born son, Aiden.
    2. I met this one on 4/19/2010...my little moose, Dominic.

Recent events have rocked my perception of true love: what it means, stands for, and my belief of the things/thoughts/feelings with it in regards to a relationship/marriage, it seems that the love children have for others is really the only pure, true love there is.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    In high school...only we didn't like each other in "that" way then. It wasn't until after he had joined the Army and gone through basic training, and I had graduated from high school and started college that we met up again .... Now, 21 years and four kids later, we still act like teenagers in love :love:

awww
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I have 2.
    1. I met him on 5/8/2002...my first-born son, Aiden.
    2. I met this one on 4/19/2010...my little moose, Dominic.

Recent events have rocked my perception of true love: what it means, stands for, and my belief of the things/thoughts/feelings with it in regards to a relationship/marriage, it seems that the love children have for others is really the only pure, true love there is.

I love the name Dominic :)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I met pizza and coke very early in life but I dont recall exactly when.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    When I adopted him from the shelter. <3
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I realized 4 years later (or too late?) that my college friend was the one I wanted to marry. We're still in the process to get to know eachother as an entity, a couple, but he's the one I want to do my life with. ahhhhhhhhhhh:heart:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    What is the moment where a human becomes self-aware? Then.
    -wtk
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    He was 21 and I was 23. He was annoying to me at first and after the first date, I thought to myself, he'll make a good friend. He wouldn't give up! Fast forward, we'll be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary in October and our the parents to a beautiful 7 year old little girl. I"m glad he didn't give up on me!