*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    While I was deployed to a FOB in Afghanistan. He was from a different unit, and had volunteered for his deployment. If he hadn't volunteered, we would never have met. We were also stationed on different sides of the US when we did get home, so we maintained a long distance relationship until he got out of the Army. My last visit to Denver, he asked me to marry him in a butterfly garden :-)
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Halloween '93 on my corner. I was 14. Married 16 years.
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    I was picking up my girlfriend at her dorm and she introduced me to "the new girl" from New Mexico, that was in September of 1968. The three of us seemed to go on a lot of double dates and the following summer my girlfriend went with her to New Mexico for the summer. My girlfriend called on my birthday (July) to let me know she had met someone new in NM and was engaged. The following fall they both returned to school and by Thanksgiving I was dating my current wife. We got married in September of 1971 and this upcoming September 7th will mark 41 years.

By the way, my wife introduced my former girlfriend to that guy who was the 1st of 3 husbands for her. lol
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    About a week or two ago on here. She is the sexiest redhead I have ever seen and has a great outlook on life. I hope to meet her soon too.
    :love:
    Yup, its been about two weeks baby. Who knew I would meet such a wonderful man on a fitness website.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

The year before I was born lol

LOL

That's too cool. Hubby and I got married the next year, July 1, 1994. We have a 15 year old and a 13 year old. He is, and shall forever be, my one true love.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I met mine with a little help from Captain Morgan.
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    september 25th 2006. we got married october 24th 2006. this year is our 6th anniversary~!
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I met online at the beginning of this year and we hit it off right away. He knew that he was in love right away but for me a took a little longer. About 1.5 months.

And now we are planning to get married in May or June of 2013. :)
  • poetgurl2005
    Options
    I met him when I was 15. I told him I was going to marry him and have his babies when I was 16. He laughed at me. Fast forward four years and I got the last laugh. We've been married four years, have two children, and are talking about having a third.

24615602.png
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well, we aren't married yet, but honestly we are just waiting until we are both truly ready (as I am 19 and he is 20), but I first met him in 6th grade math class. He was seated across from me in a desk cluster, and he set his foot on top of my foot. I was to afraid to move it, because I didn't want him to know...but then I was afraid that he would notice and wonder why I didn't move it........but by THEN it was too late because he would know I hadn't moved it when he first did it and think that that was weird.

Well, he eventually moved it, and I was saved from my situation, but not before I noticed how cute he was. He turned out to be quite amazing, and everything that I thought I would want in a husband some day.

That was 8 years ago, and after that day I worked my butt off to become amazing friends with him. We grew really close, but about three years later he still had never said anything ab out us being anywhere past that, so I started to lose hope. Then about a year after that, in the end of the summer of our sophomore year of highschool, he told me that he was in love with me, but had never wanted to ruin our friendship, but that he just couldn't stand not being with me anymore (and I was like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) and it all fell into place from there :):):)

We just celebrated our 3 year anniversary yesterday, and are trying to figure out when the best time would be to tie the knot <3
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    At 16 .. we live 14000miles apart... 8 years.. still going strong! :)
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Met when I had just turned 30. Got to keep her for 2 years, almost got married. Then something horrible happened. She's away now, and I am still waiting for her return.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    In high school...he was dating one of my best friends! Terrible right?! But guess who's married now!? Guess it was meant to be :wink:
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    03-September-1985. I was one month shy of 14 years old.

Second day of my freshman year in high school. He was TA in my first period class - Auto Shop. I walked in, smelled all the grease and dirt and decided I was going to change my schedule. Then he walked out into the shop with the most gorgeous coffee brown eyes I'd ever seen in my life.

It took me from that day until late October to get him to return any attention. Our first date was the Homecoming football game on 1-November-1985.

We got married just under 7 months later, 29-June-1986 Yes, I was 14 years old when we got married.

This past June, we celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary. We have 3 children. We have 3 grandchildren.
    In those 26 years, we have been through some heaven, some hell, and a whole lot of life. It hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

Do I suggest that young people run out and get married when they are in their early teens? No, I do not. I know the struggles in life that are a result of such decisions. Do I regret that I did so? No, and I never will.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    5 years ago and I hated it him at first. He was friends with some friends of mine, we were at a bar, and there were 2 girls all over him. I found him so cocky ( which he is, I was right), so when he emailed me I didnt answer, then we ran into each other again..He proposed after a year dating, got a child now. He is still the cocky a** I thought he was, but he is a great man!!
  • roreca
    roreca Posts: 9
    Options
    In the Army. We married 4 weeks later. Have been happily married for 16 years1
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    Met when I had just turned 30. Got to keep her for 2 years, almost got married. Then something horrible happened. She's away now, and I am still waiting for her return.

That doesn't sound good. I hope she comes back soon :'(
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Met my husband online through a mutual friend (my cousin, his high school friend) when I was 16. Went to visit my family up north and ended up spending time with my cousin and several of her friends including him. When I got back home we talked more online and found it a bummer we hadn't gotten the chance to talk more in person, so he offered to drive the 11 hr drive down to visit before he had to go off to basics training two weeks later. He kept saying he wasn't looking for a girlfriend, but he just couldn't resist once he came down to visit. :laugh: He went to basic training a week after we started dating, and that's when we started a four year long distance relationship without hardly knowing each other. I consider myself super lucky considering the majority of relationships end in basic training. Luckily it all worked out and now we happily live together. Granted there were a lot of ups and downs, but we were always faithful and completely devoted to each other.
  • thistime38
    Options
    through a dating site on facebook! he sent me an email and asked if i wanted to talk on msn! I took one look at his picture and i thought oh this guy is too good looking for me hes probably a pig and only looking for one thing. I didnt respond to the email but oddly kept the email lol. He sent me a "wink" on the dating site and i sent one back and i thought it wouldnt hurt to just talk. So we talked and talked and talked somemore online and then one night he asked if he could call me and i gave him my number and we talked for 7 hours straight! I am not a talker at all so that is saying something. I still had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this was all too good to be true. He was sweet and complimenting me all of the time and very attentive and such a gentleman. I knew from the first time we met that he was the one..i was in denial but i knew lol. He was the man i had been dreaming about in all of my other unhappy relationships. Well its almost 2 years later and nothing has changed except we are together and happy and he is my prince charming. We are not married yet but have been engaged for almost a year.
  • mwoods5716
    mwoods5716 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was 16, at a party with my boyfriend when I met him.