*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 15 and he was 17. We had Geometry together. We dated for a summer and then he went off to college and we broke things off amicably. Then, 10 years later, I was staying with my parents for the summer and he happened to be in town staying with his folks. We ran into each other, sparks flew, and 6 months later we got married. :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    It was May 2005... I went on a long weekend with my best friend (who I've been friends with for about 25 years now...) to London. The first they we were there (on Friday the 13th...) we met a guy at the sightseeing tour we were doing. He gave his number, and we met up the same evening. There was a whole group of guys working for the same company and we went out for dinner. At that moment in time I was more interested in the guy we met in the afternoon, so... You know what you do on holidays when you're young... Lol :blushing:
    The next evening we went out in Covent Garden en got talking to this really sweet guy (he was from the same company). So we exchanged phone numbers.

A month later I was back in London, and a year later I moved here (I'm from the Netherlands). Another year later I got pregnant and now we have a 4 year old son who's going to school next week :happy:

That's sweet :) I would have loved everyone there. I'm a sucker for the accents :wink:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    True Love? Does it even exist?? My mind says no but my heart continues to try and believe (though its hard)

To those who have found love..you are all lucky.

Hear hear
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    14 Years ago, our eyes met across a crowded bar, and that was that. I felt like I’d known him for years.

Sweet story!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    worked at Burger king and he walked in and insteantly caught my eye, turned out he just got hired, we worked the same shifts, flirted, hung out and one thing led to another and now 7 1/2 years later we are still going strong
  • nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I met him when I had quit looking for love.

We were set up, but not ahead of time. I was having a beer with one of my friends and her boyfriend, and he called the boyfriend to see what he was doing. The boyfriend encouraged him to come meet me.

The rest is history. We will celebrate 9 years in October.

Oh yeah... I tried for three weeks to run him off after I met him, but he was patient and persistent. And still is.
  • grabbin_life84
    grabbin_life84 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In an Alaska Yahoo chat room (2003)
    I was joined a volunteer group up there for the year and he was in the Army, stationed in Fairbanks.
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    In a psych ward, 6 years ago. We both worked there. I worked on the adult schizophrenic unit and was being attacked by a huge male patient. I pressed my body button, which alarms the staff & safety. He was the first response from another unit and probably saved my life. ( i was being choked and was starting to see black spots) My name tag fell off and he picked it up "to learn my name." A few days later, he gave it back to me and asked if I wanted to go out sometime.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We worked at the same hotel for a year and a half and never met until one night a bunch of coworkers got together after work for drinks. He asked me out a few weeks later. He was 31 and I was 26. We've been together now for 9 years, married 5 years in October.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Well, I don't buy in to the one true love business, but I do consider my husband a true love.

I met him in a bar. He had just gotten off work and I was exceptionally inebriated. It was 16 or 17 years ago now.

I should hang out in clubs and bars more often! :wink: A lot of you had success there! You lasted very long way to go :)
  • SanCan2602
    SanCan2602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I was 16. We dated for two years and were engaged to be married when he was relocated to the U.S. After 6 months apart I lost faith and we broke up. I eventually got married to someone else, moved to the U.S., had children, and got divorced. Fast forward 20 years... my biggest regret in life was losing faith and giving up on our relationship. My friend encouraged me to look him up and so I did. After nearly two years of trying to locate him we finally made contact. That was over 1 1/2 years ago. Since then, he has relocated and we now live together and are planning our happily ever after. :happy:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my husband at BWI airport. We both worked there for the same company, but worked in two different locations. His team was short one day and asked for help, so I volunteered. When I got over there I noticed him right away. He was (and still is ;) ) so handsome - I didn't think he would be interested in me. Well, a few days later his friend (a girl who worked with my mom at a different station) came to me and said she knew someone who liked me. I was shocked! I asked if it was the guy with dark hair who worked for Airtran - and she said yes! I was soooo excited!!! We went on our first date to the Baltimore Inner Harbor and we talked for hours and hours! We hopped on the water taxi and planned on having dinner in Little Italy. Well, 2 1/2 hours later we realized we had missed our stop! We were so wrapped up in our conversation we completely lost track of time! I remember him asking me when my birthday was and I said "july 25th" and he said "no way! no it's not!". And i said "yes, it is! Why would I lie about that?" and he said "my birthday is july 24th!!!" He told me stories of when he was in the Marines, and he said being on the taxi reminded him of being on ship. Well, when the water taxi came back to the place we originally started from, we noticed little italy was only a block away. So we walked to it and had a very romantic dinner at Della Notte. We were two very poor people eating in a very fancy restaurant - we found so much humor in this. We both ordered side items as our main entree - he had a tiny spaghetti with 3 meatballs and I had a tiny caesar salad. He even picked a flower off of the centerpiece and gave it to me - I still have it, it's pressed in contact paper. When the night ended we came back to BWI's employee lot and sat in his car and talked for a long time. When it was time to say good night, he leaned in and we had our first kiss, and Tim McGraw's "I dont want to go to sleep tonight" was playing. This song was the last song we danced to at our wedding. Well, our first date was on May 14, 2003, we got engaged Feb 14, 2004, and got married May 14, 2005! And we are living happily ever after with a 4 year old girl and 1 year old boy - the two little loves of our lives. All three of them are my best friends :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I met Hubs almost 15 years ago (Nov 1997) in a night club of all places! Wasn't looking for anything but he came up and started dancing with me and bought me a couple drinks and we chatted and exchanged numbers. He called me at 9am the next morning and I had to cuss him out because he gave me a hickey! We were practically inseparable for the next few months so we decided we might as well move in together and start sharing expenses. We've had our ups and downs like all couples but are still going strong all these years later!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my husband at BWI airport. We both worked there for the same company, but worked in two different locations. His team was short one day and asked for help, so I volunteered. When I got over there I noticed him right away. He was (and still is ;) ) so handsome - I didn't think he would be interested in me. Well, a few days later his friend (a girl who worked with my mom at a different station) came to me and said she knew someone who liked me. I was shocked! I asked if it was the guy with dark hair who worked for Airtran - and she said yes! I was soooo excited!!! We went on our first date to the Baltimore Inner Harbor and we talked for hours and hours! We hopped on the water taxi and planned on having dinner in Little Italy. Well, 2 1/2 hours later we realized we had missed our stop! We were so wrapped up in our conversation we completely lost track of time! I remember him asking me when my birthday was and I said "july 25th" and he said "no way! no it's not!". And i said "yes, it is! Why would I lie about that?" and he said "my birthday is july 24th!!!" He told me stories of when he was in the Marines, and he said being on the taxi reminded him of being on ship. Well, when the water taxi came back to the place we originally started from, we noticed little italy was only a block away. So we walked to it and had a very romantic dinner at Della Notte. We were two very poor people eating in a very fancy restaurant - we found so much humor in this. We both ordered side items as our main entree - he had a tiny spaghetti with 3 meatballs and I had a tiny caesar salad. He even picked a flower off of the centerpiece and gave it to me - I still have it, it's pressed in contact paper. When the night ended we came back to BWI's employee lot and sat in his car and talked for a long time. When it was time to say good night, he leaned in and we had our first kiss, and Tim McGraw's "I dont want to go to sleep tonight" was playing. This song was the last song we danced to at our wedding. Well, our first date was on May 14, 2003, we got engaged Feb 14, 2004, and got married May 14, 2005! And we are living happily ever after with a 4 year old girl and 1 year old boy - the two little loves of our lives. All three of them are my best friends :)

This is an adorable story!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    At the job that my husband at the time got me. O_o

Not that I knew it at the time. He went through a divorce so I invited him to my circle to hang out. Then I went through my divorce and he decided to be there for me as I was there for him. It took me a few months to realize that he really was my true love.

I'm glad you found him! x
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    maybe in my next life..............

Or maybe tomorrow :D
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I havent . But I have a 7 year old son I love very much
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    We kind of met on twitter. There was a group of us who tweeted about the Phoenix Coyotes and the ownership situation. Well before a game I went to dinner with a friend and some of the other people from twitter. He was there and it was instantaneous feelings for me. We started texting and finally went to a few games together and then became a couple. We first met 2 years ago come Octobor and made it official that December. We moved in together a year ago and that's the story.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my true love at 47 years of age. He is 1.5 years younger. My car broke down in a La Quinta parking lot and he rescued me. He was with some girl at the time......nothing serious... and he took me home that night and we talked for hours in the car. that was It. hook line and sinker :) going on 6.5 years together today.
    :blushing:

Aww fate!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    14 years ago at a keg party in college - I know what you're thinking - SO romantic! ;-)

I guess it doesn't matter where we met because it was really love at first site and we've never been apart since.