*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    We met April 3, 2011 at club Vibe. I remember because it was the day before his bday and he was out celebrating. I had just come from a Mike Epps comedy show and was out with a couple friends. I noticed him trying to be the center of attention, and usual thats my job! so i stepped up and challenged him. Everyone cleared the dance floor and we danced together for the rest of the night! It was GREAT. He got my number and called me shortly after my friends and I left the club clearly looking for a booty call LOL but I declined, so we talked on the phone and text all day every day for the next few weeks. Now I'm still with the man who swept me off my feet almost 1.5 yrs ago! :-))))
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    He was 16, I was 19 - we were best friends for ten years and then became a couple. Twenty years later (to the day that we started dating) we got married. Last weekend DH turned 50 and we are as in love now as we ever were. It certainly helped that we were such good friends first though x

I'll remember that as a future tip, I'm glad you're still together!! xx
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    03-September-1985. I was one month shy of 14 years old.

Second day of my freshman year in high school. He was TA in my first period class - Auto Shop. I walked in, smelled all the grease and dirt and decided I was going to change my schedule. Then he walked out into the shop with the most gorgeous coffee brown eyes I'd ever seen in my life.

It took me from that day until late October to get him to return any attention. Our first date was the Homecoming football game on 1-November-1985.

We got married just under 7 months later, 29-June-1986 Yes, I was 14 years old when we got married.

This past June, we celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary. We have 3 children. We have 3 grandchildren.
    In those 26 years, we have been through some heaven, some hell, and a whole lot of life. It hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

Do I suggest that young people run out and get married when they are in their early teens? No, I do not. I know the struggles in life that are a result of such decisions. Do I regret that I did so? No, and I never will.

WOW! That's awesomely wild! Btw, my anniversary is Sept 3rd :)
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    Met through a mutual friend in June 2010. He came up north to work for the summer, and decided to stick around. :) We started dating in July 2010, got engaged October 2011, and married April 2012.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    My husband, back in 2007 at Ashland University, we worked on Tech Crew (we would set up and tear down for campus events) and a year later we started dating, and we got married Sept 24th, 2011 :) (We got engaged on my 21st birthday on Aug 15th, 2009 in Frankemuth MI, with the sunset along the Cass River, so we were engaged for 2 years before we got married).

My little man (aka my son) June of last year (i was 6.5 weeks by then) and he came into the world Jan 2012 :)

Aww so you have a little baby :) xx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I met him in a club, bought him a drink, and 6 years, 2 breakups later we're married!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    *~*~* I read every single post & reply to it *~*~
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Had a really bad relationship in Va. After 4 years of that, got out, moved to a new state and took a year off from dating. Decided to try a dating website (match.com). Met my wife there. She had just been newly separated and was only on because she heard her ex was on there trolling and she was trying to keep tabs on him for court and I had joined just for one month to see what was out there. We met with 1 week left each in our memberships. 2 weeks of talking and 2 dates were all it took. That was 9 years and 2 kids ago... :heart: :love:

That's so sweet... I'm starting to think better about dating sites since so many of you had success in it !:heart::heart:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    i met my hun in a night club :D
    i was with a friend and suddenly she went out with some guy. i was left alone :angry:
    so i was a bit drunk and i didn't want to be alone in the middle of the club and i came to some guy and said: ''hello! i know you from a library!'' (i acctualy saw him in a library few days ago) and he laughed. we started to chat and we kissed, exchanged our numbers and here we are now in a year and a half relationship :happy:
    it's the best relationship i've ever had and i know i'll be with him forever :heart:

This is a cute story! I'm so glad you started to talk to him instead of leaving.. :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    First time we met I was in a pub we got on but that was that. Second time we met I was on a date with one of his friends and he wouldn't leave me alone 3rd time we met we slept together. 3 months later we were engaged, 6 months later we were married and now we've been married 3 years :D

You didn't waste any time hey! :smile: I'm glad it worked out! Live life to the fullest! :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Highschool.. I was a freshman, he was a junior.. I met him my very first day of high school but didn't actually talk to him or start dating until a couple weeks after when I got the nerve to go up to his locker and say hi. We started dating later that day. Now we're married with 3 kids.

Wow that never happens!! I'm glad you didn't break up like most high school couples:happy:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was in college, working in customer service at Sears. It was October, and all the Christmas decorations were being displayed. I had to go pick up tickets from the different departments. When I got to the Christmas area, the guy working there put a strand of Christmas beads on me. When I got to Plumbing, they broke. The guy there fixed them for me. A week later we went on our first date. Six months later we were married. We are still best friends, and we have been together for 39 years!!!!

Way to go!! :D
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    March 2008. I had just came back from WLC (army training.) and he was the one of the new soldiers to our unit. I walked into the supply room and he was sitting there. The first thing I said to my husband was, "Who the f*** are you?" Everyone in our unit told him to stay away from me because he wasnt good enough for me. (Even though I think it was the other way around) But I think I feel in love with him when he climbed up the side of the barracks to talk to me (instead of using the stairs) Of course he was drunk too. lmao We got married two months after that.

Such a funny/cute story :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We were both 14. We dated but it had to end because I was moving away. We never talked and we completely forgot about each other. Then seven years later I was playing Xbox with a few friends, he was in the chat party with one of his friends and we started talking. I asked him out on a date and the rest is history now our one year Anni is coming up in Sept. :D

Aww the power of xbox and puppy love :D
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was 21 and he was 18...I threw a party at my apartment and he ended up being ther cuz a friend of a friend of a friend invited him. I, however, was much more wrapped up in the fact that I 1) was having fun w my best friend that I hadnt seen in too long and 2) had invited this cute guy from my school :) the cutie from school went home before the rest of us were done having fun and I finally started noticing my future "love of my life" was flirting with me :) drunk n foolish me decided it was the perfect time to just make out with him as everyone else went to bed. I hope u don't get the wrong impression of me bc this is the first time I ever acted this promiscuous. The next day he got my number and now we've been together for over a yr!!! he is the most amazing, loving, caring, guy ever <3

That's so cute :) xx I don't think I'd ever like a younger guy though... don't know why.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I haven't met him yet. Still waiting :)

Don't worry, so am I :cry: :cry:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met him at a party (at his house) on a Sat night. He was 18 and I was 17. We quickly discovered we were both seniors at the same high school. We dated for 6 years and then got married. We played for 6 years married before we had 4 babies in 6 years. That all happened 30 years ago and we are still madly in love.

Wow that's amazing :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in 1994 at college. I was 22, he was 20. We were introduced by a mutual friend and became good friends. We started dating Valentine's Day 1996 and have been together ever since. We married in 1999. :love:
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I met him a couple of years ago. I've know him as a friend since then. In May of last year my husband died and recently my friendship with my friend has changed. I've never known love like this. I feel like such a kid (I'm 44).
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I first met him on an annual ski trip with a bunch of family friends when I was 13 or 14. My friend's brother had brought him along. We were just acquaintances for the next few years and only saw each other a few times a year (we lived close but went to different high schools), but I always had a crush on him. We didn't start dating until I was 19 and he was 20. Now I'm 24 and he's 25, and we're getting married in April :)

I'm so glad it worked out :)