Why I'm Fat

Replies

• sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    i keep starting and stopping

eat good/eat like crap

mostly starting and stopping. i think even if i ate like crap and trained the results would be better than just stopping altogether LOL....ugh i can't stand being consumed by the all or nothing thought process :huh:
  • Genetics, Birth Control, I started driving instead of walking all over town, Hit 18, ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Mainly it was due to eating Fast food a lot and ice cream, cookies, etc.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    I battled my depression with toaster strudels. :laugh:

No... for real. I ate my emotions for years AND that is why I got fat.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    German/Irish, slow metabolism, love of carbs, emotional eating, and laziness.

I love potatoes, starches, beer, meat, cheese, and extra portions.

This has been a year of relearning how to eat. Some I've been successful...
  • Fast Food( Because it is cheap and easy), Candy( cause its cheap and easy), quitting Swim team and never getting back to it. Basically being broke is the reason I got fat. And being lazy and unmotivated.

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=what_20_will_buy_at_the_drivethru_and_at_the_supermarket
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Overeating
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    I love things like cakes and cookies - i cant help myself around them. I'm also really bad with variety! If there is alot of variety i will eat some of everything - i'm bad at buffets and appatizers. I am really active so it helps but it only holds my weight I cant manage to get the 20 pounds off that i need to do.
  • Interesting...I like it!:laugh:
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Processed, nasty *kitten* food. I'm getting better at this. And thus, losing the fat :) Yeah!
  • Zero willpower, McDonald's, Desserts, Laziness, overeating, and Lexapro! :smile:
  • Cake... restaurants that have 3 course set meals... cookies... so many reasons. All are brought on by not listening to my body, ignoring my feelings, and not exercising enough.
  • nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    *desk job during the week
    *dead thyroid gland
    *hubs is a great cook and loves steak
    *refined carbs
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Beer... good food.... laziness.... more beer.... more good food....
  • abrewer563
    abrewer563 Posts: 122
    Because I thought I could continue to eat like I did while I was in highschool playing soccer year round, and running 90 minutes a day for track ontop of plyometrics and strength training :(
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    I am not "fat" but wine is the reason I cannot reach my goals. Working on it though.
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    erratic work schedules (3 jobs) most of the time having to eat whatever they serve you.

i spent about 10 years of my life in competition training for swimming and dancing so my eating habits were geared towards that.

i love to drink and bake and hanging out with friends always ends up including food---and my friends all have horrible, i'm always broke, fast food eating habits.
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    I'd say genetics largely and the fact that my Mom 'loved' us with food growing up. Bad day-here have some junk, good grades-let's go to McDonald's. This is a hard thing to undo.
  • Very simple more calories eaten than calories used. :glasses:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Cuz when you have a tool like this, you need to build a shed over it.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    Ate too much, moved to little. Basic Math.