Which supplements do you take/recommend?

Options

Replies

• wazert
    wazert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It looks like almost everyone takes fish oil supplement, do you really feel a difference?
    Also, by tracking my food I have realized that I get very little potassium in every day. And I'm not fan of bananas. So I looked at potassium supplements and each pill is only 3% of daily recommended intake. Anyone know why it is so low? Is it because it is really dangerous if you get too much?
  • msSarah83
    Options
    I'm taking L-Carnitine. Does anyone know if it's supposed to do anything special? I heard it helps you burn fat faster but still haven't seem any proof.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • natalianogueira
    natalianogueira Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    multivitamin
    vitamin C
    caffeine
    whey protein
    collagen
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, omega 3 fish oil and magnesium
  • MommaRou56
    MommaRou56 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin especially formulated for women -- in my case "senior" women because I'm 55 -- as well as 1000 mg. of fish oil twice a day and Vitamin C tablets, twice a day as well. I recently ran out of the fish oil and have been doing a bit of research and think I will start taking Krill Oil instead, but not Mega Red because although it's advertised a lot, a little research showed that it's not as effective as others. The best one I have found through research is NKO -- Neptune Krill Oil -- but I couldn't recommend a particular brand. It's just that, from what I've read (no personal experience), the NKO is supposed to be better for you on so many levels. So I ordered some from GNC, and when it comes in, I'll start using that instead of fish oil.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine

uhhhh you DO realize that this has been pulled from the market in the US due to it being dangerous...
  • brittamarie4
    Options
    I take the GNC womens ultra mega active vitapak everyday. It has the following:
    Clinically studied multivitamin with 2,000 IU of vitamin D-3
    Increases energy and calorie burning
    Fuels fatty acid metabolism with carnitine and CLA
    Cushions joints with vitamin C, collagen and HA
  • shanice_22
    Options
    It looks like almost everyone takes fish oil supplement, do you really feel a difference?
    Also, by tracking my food I have realized that I get very little potassium in every day. And I'm not fan of bananas. So I looked at potassium supplements and each pill is only 3% of daily recommended intake. Anyone know why it is so low? Is it because it is really dangerous if you get too much?

I don't think it's too dangerous as apparently ages ago Gordon Ramsey was eating up to 12 bananas a day to increase his potassium intake..
  • dettles
    dettles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    Is Shakeology similar to the Body by Vi drink supplements? Do they fill you up? Are they difficult to stomach? Just a few questions lol
    Thanks!!!
    Deanna
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I dont take any unless I am sick and not eating much. I think it is better to try to eat all your nutrients.
  • Meloberle
    Options
    Women's Multi-Vitamin
    Calcium
    Recently started B-50 Complex to help with metabolism and energy.
    I have extreme PMS symptoms and found an article that said Calcium and B6 work to help these symptoms. I found the B-50 which has B-6 and B-12 along with other good things in it.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    magnesium
    calcium
    zinc when I remember
    vitamin d
    b12
    fish oil when I have it
    vit c, vit a, vit e depending on what I eat on a given day

Magnesium/calcium/vitamin D - my doctor told me to take this for my age and what I have going on. The others are all approved by my doctor as well.
  • dettles
    dettles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What purpose does whey protein fulfill?
  • phxricky
    phxricky Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C
    ECA Stack
    Resveratrol
    L-Canitine
    Daily Multivitamin
    Fish oil
    Muscle Tech Whey Protein
  • shanice_22
    Options
    Ephedrine

uhhhh you DO realize that this has been pulled from the market in the US due to it being dangerous...

If you read his profile he doesn't live in the US... I'm not sure what the rules are for it over here (UK) but they must be different to the US if he's taking it.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine

If you read his profile he doesn't live in the US... I'm not sure what the rules are for it over here (UK) but they must be different to the US if he's taking it.

I saw that. Which is why I included "in the US" rather than just saying its been pulled.
  • shanice_22
    Options
    Ephedrine

I saw that. Which is why I included "in the US" rather than just saying its been pulled.

It just looked like you thought he was in the US lol that's how I read it anyway, sorry!
  • vickygetshealthy
    Options
    I take a multivitamin with iron, because I'm a vegetarian and don't get enough iron otherwise, and I'm just starting to take calcium with vitamin D, too. I used to take fish oil/omega 3, too, but as I have an allergy to any type of fish/seafood, I had to stop taking it.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I don't take any supplements!