finally a pen for women, what did I ever do before???

Replies

• viki_88
    viki_88 Posts: 14 Member

OMG!!!!!!!!! I read these at work and couldn't get my laughing under control for a full 10 min. My coworkers were a little concerned! .... I laughed so hard I was gasping for air!! Thanks for the incredible laugh and ab workout. Some of those reviews are the funniest thing I've read this month!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    #8 is my fav.

It's the pink stereotype that gets old. Also, the exclusivity associated with the color--"just for" like it's wrong for men to like pink, or women to like blue or black. That's what rankles.

Also, BECAUSE IT COST A DOLLAR MORE (when compared to other bic cristal products of similar ink color and line mm thickness). Just like any of the "for her" razors. --And that's why I shave my legs with "men's" razors. I'm not paying a dollar or more extra for a product that is geared towards women that's the EXACT same product except for color or grip width because manufacturers know that women are more likely to pay more for specialty goods. Like this product is "specially formulated" for some sort of female pen "quick fix." Is it because of diet, cleaning or other "shortcut" "quick fix" marketing they've been doing towards women for the past umpteen hundred years?

If it's about grip width, then just say, for "smaller hands" or "now with narrower grip" or something...anyhow. I need to go lay down, all this thinking has given me "the vapors."

You're point about the pen, I understand.

The razor--you're wrong. Female razors are shaped differently and hit the skin differently. It's not all about color. You should try one, you might find you get a better shave--I know I do.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Do you really have that much time on your hands?

actually yes, yes I do... my job is currently very boring, and if you would have read the link I posted you would see that those reviews were just as sarcastic as I was. also, this is in "chit-chat, fun, and games".... and I like to play games with people's minds

I did read your link. Point still stands even if it's sarcastic boredom do we really need to send out fake crys of sexism out there? To me that's just as bad as someone crying out rape and then seconds later laughing and going 'just kidding'. You want to know the scary part of this, a feminist group I know of, because one of the members I'm friends with, referenced this link and noted that SEVERAL of their groups members had commented about the sexist nature of the pen and that women needed to rise up. While you may think it's all sarcasm there are some people out there that don't.

I think playing with people's minds is stupid and childish to do. Really, you want to play games like that? Do you play games with relationships to? Where do you draw the line with playing games with peoples minds?

Though honestly this dribble of a thread is beneath me. I'm kicking myself for even to responding to this thread but I suppose everyone has those days where they respond to something they should likely just walk away from.

edit- they linked the amazon pen link where the pens can be bought online.

Wow--someone is a little stressed out. And are you really comparing sharing funny posts re: a bad publicity campaign to someone falsely crying rape? REALLY? wow...yep, and you probably believe that raped women can't get prenant too... I don't see where anyone is 'playing with people's minds' on this thread. You need to take your meds and go take a nap...sheesh...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Uh? Why is this offensive or sexist?? I don't get it! They made girly ink pens. Big deal. Being offended over a 'just for her' product is stupid! I highly doubt BIC made this pen because women have a hard time using pens! Grow up people.

^^^ This.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member

actually yes, yes I do... my job is currently very boring, and if you would have read the link I posted you would see that those reviews were just as sarcastic as I was. also, this is in "chit-chat, fun, and games".... and I like to play games with people's minds

I did read your link. Point still stands even if it's sarcastic boredom do we really need to send out fake crys of sexism out there? To me that's just as bad as someone crying out rape and then seconds later laughing and going 'just kidding'. You want to know the scary part of this, a feminist group I know of, because one of the members I'm friends with, referenced this link and noted that SEVERAL of their groups members had commented about the sexist nature of the pen and that women needed to rise up. While you may think it's all sarcasm there are some people out there that don't.

I think playing with people's minds is stupid and childish to do. Really, you want to play games like that? Do you play games with relationships to? Where do you draw the line with playing games with peoples minds?

Though honestly this dribble of a thread is beneath me. I'm kicking myself for even to responding to this thread but I suppose everyone has those days where they respond to something they should likely just walk away from.

Wow--someone is a little stressed out. And are you really comparing sharing funny posts re: a bad publicity campaign to someone falsely crying rape? REALLY? wow...yep, and you probably believe that raped women can't get prenant too... I don't see where anyone is 'playing with people's minds' on this thread. You need to take your meds and go take a nap...sheesh...

It's on the interwebz. That means it's real.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    "Easy glide," huh? Are we supposed to be writing with these, or...

:devil:
    LOL I thought the same thing !!!
  • mommared53
    The stereotype that all women want to be bathed and saturated in the color pink gets old. That is one reason I found the sarcastic reviews of these pens to be entertaining. The first thing most companies do when they create a "for her" version of anything is to douse it in a heavy coat of pink or other pastel of choice, as if that has magically transformed it into something that women simply cannot resist.

Works with me. :laugh:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    (REVIEW)"Total disappointment. As a woman I find that black ink makes my hair fall out and acne develop. Using purple ink makes me happy, like a temazepam dumpling. It also looks better when I make my grocery lists, alternating with the green, of course. That's more like a diazepam dumpling. "

I like my hair. I refuse to buy these! I refuse!!! :laugh:
  • mommared53
    I'm not ashamed to say that I love pink and I'm totally sucked in by anything girlie. Oh nooooes, I just set feminism back elebenty bajillion years :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Me too, only for me it's purple.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    I laughed so hard at this! Awesome!
  • mommared53

Go back to page two and read the next to last post. Bynsky states she likes to play games with people's minds.
  • Giggle - just funny
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Does it write what it really means or are males supposed to interpret the writings of this pen?

I wanna know if this pen writes one thing but totally means the opposite.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member

OMG!!!!!!!!! I read these at work and couldn't get my laughing under control for a full 10 min. My coworkers were a little concerned! .... I laughed so hard I was gasping for air!! Thanks for the incredible laugh and ab workout. Some of those reviews are the funniest thing I've read this month!

I know right?

HI-larious.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    I'm not ashamed to say that I love pink and I'm totally sucked in by anything girlie. Oh nooooes, I just set feminism back elebenty bajillion years :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Me too, only for me it's purple.

Yes!! :heart:
  • Oh dear...these have me laughing so hard I can't even come up with an "appropriate" response!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Haha...this was hilarious! And the point was also proven that not enough people in this world have a sense of humor. Now that's just sad!! :sad:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    scrappy.gif
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Does it write what it really means or are males supposed to interpret the writings of this pen?

That made me lol
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    lol