Where are all the moms? Come...introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• gjsmommy
    gjsmommy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future?
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery?
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise?
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit?

1.) I have three - My son is 11 & two girls ages 6 & 3.
    2.) Nope
    3.) I had high blood pressure the entire time w/all 3. I had to take medication for the first 2 pregnancies but convinced my dr to forego the medication w/the 3rd but had to take my blood pressure daily & log it & bring log to all my appts. All vaginal deliveries.
    4.) I go every Mon & Wed nite (after giving the girls baths) to kickbxng class & my kids know that this is important mommy time. and I try to fit in an add'l class when I can and then 2 strength training session at home when kids are asleep.
    5.) My main motivation is to be a strong and healthy role model for my kids. To be active and have a long life with my kids.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm a mom to a five year old girl. While the pregnancy was a rough one since I was sick pretty much until the end, it was well worth it:) I did gain over 60 pounds, which is A LOT on my 4,11 frame. Through really hard work, I did lose it all within 15 months. I exercise whenever I can fit it in, although I prefer late afternoons/evenings. I don't plan on having any more children, but then again, never say never.

I'm motivated to work out since that is the only time I really move - I'm a full time Ph.D student working on my dissertation. I have two more chapters to go - yay! I'm also motivated to work because I've put on about 20 pounds from all that stress eating! In addition to losing that dissertation stress pudge, I'm motivated to work out so that I can beat my last half marathon time of 1:55. I'll be doing a race soon and would love to shave off at least 5 minutes of that time.

Feel free to add me:)
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    Isabella is 5
    George is 1
    i'm not sure my husband would like two more but both my labourers where over 48 hours and complicated lol
    pregnancy was fine with both I have PCOS so with my first I didn't actually realise until I was 16 weeks gone that I was pregnant it never entered my head until it showed up on some blood work
    I workout every single day hard core Friday to Wednesday either before they get up of after there in bed at six and on thursday my 'off day' I do a mum's a toddler yoga dvd with them both
    they do, I was huge my whole life and had such negative hateful/spiteful influences and nothing to be proud off, I have a little girl an I was worried what sort of negative projections I was sending out to her by not taking control of my binging eatting, by not exercising! I want her to be fit, strong and beautiful, well they say kids take after there parents I can't do the beautiful but I'll be damned if she doesn't see me being strong and fit! Have a good day lovely people!
  • OAvalos
    OAvalos Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ayden Rylene- 5 years old
    Aizik Adrian - 13 months

Maybe one more, but not until my little one is at least 3 :)

1st was a normal... gained 28 lbs ... In labor 23 hours .. pushed for 25 minutes... 6 days early
    2nd was also normal... gained 19 lbs... In labor 12 hours... pushed less than 5 minutes... 5 days early

In the evenings after my little one is sleeping... Mostly after 8:30pm.. Or in the mornings.

My family and to feel good in anything I'd like to wear.
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sherri. I'm 29 years old. Married to my high school sweetheart. I'm a special ed teacher and the mother of two girls.

Allison- will be 5 in less than a month and Samantha - almost 9 months old

Nope, we're super happy with our family of four!!!

everything went pretty normal for both. I hated being pregnant and gained about 45 pounds with each child. Got back to prepregnancy weight pretty quickly though, probably due to breastfeeding!!!

4:30 in the morning to Jillian Michaels videos...I am a teacher and have to be out my door by 6:30am!

to look and feel better...and to fit in my old pair of jeans that are NY&Co size 8....almost there!!! :)
  • zaxmom09
    zaxmom09 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1.) My son "Zachary" is 3 years old (only child).
    2.) Absolutely no more kids (my son was a surprise since the doc told me I would not be able to have children....and the sad thing is that I was ok with that).
    3.) My pregnancy was miserable since I have migraines and could not take my regular meds. My delivery wasn't bad at all because I was induced and about 4 hours later he came out.
    4.) I hardly exercise, but when I do, my son is usually with me.
    5.) My main motivation to be fit is because I want to be able to keep up with my son and I ashamed of myself.
  • GirlGettingFit37
    GirlGettingFit37 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Keri :) I am 32, married to my best friend, and a stay at home mom of two wonderful children.

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?

I have two children. Dane just turned 6 years old and Lauren is 3 years old.

We decided early on that we only wanted two children. So no more for us. :)

My first pregnancy was very scary at first. I had a lot of bleeding and even thought at one point I lost the baby. After the first few weeks it started going smoothly. I had a c-section with Dane because he was breech and was too big to turn. He weighed in at 10 lbs and 23 inches long.

My second pregnancy was a breeze compared to the first one. I was trying to go for a VBAC but unfortunately was informed that the baby's head would never engage because my pelvic bones are tilted inwards instead of outwards. So Lauren was born via c-section as well. She weighed in at 7 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long. A lightweight compared to Dane. Haha.... I was so afraid I was going be too rough with her.

I get in my exercise in the early morning after I get Dane off to school, and Lauren and my husband are still sleeping. :)

My main motivation to be fit is to be a great role model for my children. I don't want them to have to grow up and be teased in school because they are overweight. I was teased all the way through school and I don't want them to have to go through all that. I also want to be healthy :)
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

My answers:
    1.) I'm a mother of two. I have a 4 yr old son named Quentin, and an 11 month old daughter named Lydia. : )
    2.) No more kids. We are happy with two!
    3.) My pregnancies where great until the late second trimesters. Both my children tried to come out early, and I was on mandatory bedrest until 37 weeks. My son was an emergency c-section (because he got stuck in my birth canal), and my daughter was a planned c-section (to avoid what happened the first time).
    4.) I exercise around 8pm when my youngest is in bed.
    5.) My main motivation is to be a good role-model to my kids. Not only that-- but to also be one of those "hot" moms, and not one has to wear "mom jeans" because that's all I can fit in. ;)

1) Mother of one child - he is 18 months old and named Senyo
    2) Another one in a couple years
    3) Great pregnancies!! My son was born the day after my due date. Everyone was so nice to me!! Ended up with a C section.
    4)I barely do!!! Zumba twice a week (once right after work when my son is at hime iwth my husband, and once at 8:30 after I put him to bed). I try to squeeze in a gym day on Sunday as well.
    5) Me, my kids and my husband!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    JARED MICHAEL ALMOST 11
    ELLA ROSE 5 Going on 16

Thought about a 3rd but why add any more grey hairs. My youngest started Kinder and I really miss having a baby in the house..

1st one my son was 1.5 weeks late, I was induced for the most horrible 26 hours of my Life. I should of had a C-section but the Dr. said my son wouldnt be nomore than 7lbs. He weighed 9lbs.8oz
    My daughter was Easy as 1-2-3

Working out is my Escape.. I find time EVERYDAY!!!!!!!

I dont want to be the run down mom wearing sweat pants, hair in a pony tail, no makeup.. I WANT TO BE ONE HOT MILF!!!
  • naomiprieto
    naomiprieto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My son Kayden is 2 almost 3 (in Dec.), my daughter Kayleigh just turned 9 months.

Nope! I'm done! I'm happy with one of each! :)

Both pregnancies, aside from back pain, were very easy and so was delivery. I literally pushed for 3-5 mins with each of them.

I run during my lunch break or take them with me on our jogging stroller, or I work out at home at night.

I've never been this heavy in my life and I just want to look and feel good again. Plus I want my kids to always live a healthy lifestyle.
  • jbrookeh
    jbrookeh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 3 kids. Maddie is 9, jack is 5, and Claire is 3. No more babies in our house! My labors and births were great. First one was hospital with an epidural and a total of about 8 hours. The second two were water births at a birth center and they were both 3 hours from the time my water broke til the end. I typically run around 8pm after the kids are in bed and if I work out during the day, I do a JM video during nap time. My motivation to be fit is simply that I don't want to live the rest of my life with an extra 20-30 pounds talking of the days that I used to be skinny. It's been tough and I'm only about six months into this with more plateaus than loss, but I'm doing my best to stick with it. Looking forward to school starting back just a little to have some extra structure to my day. I'm currently looking to add more support on here and Moms with similar struggles or those who have had great success would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to add me. :)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Angelie 2, Ethan almost 5 and Marie 11

Maybe. One last one.

First was cesarean. Then two VBAC's

Right after work or early evening

To be able to run around with my kids and not get winded and to look darn good doing it!!!
  • livigabihuni
    Options
    I have a 4 year old, Abigail, 2 year old, Elias, and a 10 month old, Gideon.
    Yes the plan is for at least one more :)
    pregnancies ok and delieveries great but the first two had to be airvaced to a hospital with a NICU for different things. They are both doing great now with no help concerns. The baby got to come home after 30 hours so it was a whole new experience for us :)
    I use the treadmill after the kids are in bed, around 9pm and I lift weights at a community center on days I work in the city with the community center.
    I want to be one of those "hot" mom's too :) I want to feel good in my body and be able to wear cute clothes.
  • mereyrae30
    mereyrae30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow moms!!

1). Have 2 children- Marley Elena 8 y/o and J.T. - 10 months.
    2). We didnt think we'd have 2, so I am 99.9% sure we are done. If we had a bigger home and more $$ I would do it in a heartbeat.
    3). Had terrible morning sickness with Marley for the first 3 months. Quick 5 hour delivery with epidural. Easy Peasy. Pregnancy with JT was easy, no sickness, but did have high blood pressure(which I actually have now chronically because of genetics) Delivery was less than 2 hours NO DRUGS! Not my plan, but wish I would have done it the first time that way!
    4). I work out at 4:30-5 a.m. almost every morning. If I dont get up I squeeze in a lunch break workout or after work workout(which I loathe) I run/lift weights/spin/zumba/elliptical, etc. I like a variety so I dont get bored.
    5). Motivation: My kids are a given. But also, both my parents are overweight though my dad was always pretty active in his younger days. I dont wish to be supermodel skinny or really even close to it. I just want to feel good in my skin and be happy with me....and I am!
  • mandyl1242
    mandyl1242 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

1.) 5 1/2 and 2 1/2 Both girls :)
    2.) NEVER! :):):)
    3.) First preg was perfect. Delivery was 30 min, easy. Second preg little tougher (hypothyrpoid, gestational diabetes) delivery was 15 minutes, cake!
    4.) I workout everyday in the mornings, the YMCA I go to has a wonderful playroom!!
    5.) The way I feel and look. And the way my husband looks at me ;)
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options

1) One almost 4 year old daughter....
    2) Not sure
    3) Pregnancy was wonderful, delivery not so much. (husband was in Iraq during it all)
    4) I get up at 5am to go to the gym before I get her up and ready for school and me ready for work.
    5)To look good and be healthy
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have one little guy (Xavier) 15 Months old

Yes, I want more children down the road

Great until the last trimester, where I developed hypertension and was put on bedrest.

I work out on my lunch breaks at work and sometimes in the morning before my son wakes up.

To have a healthier pregnancy next time and to feel sexy!
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    1) I have a 13 month old son by the name of Nico.
    2) I do plan to have 2 more.
    3) My pregnancy was ****ty. My delivery was fast, and it wasn't as joyful as I'd wish.
    4) I do it in the AM while he is sleeping.
    5) I want to get healthy, and eventually enroll in a mma school to fight.
  • Elona_30
    Elona_30 Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi I have a 4 year old little girl, I would love to have more children and we will now that I have found the right man to have more children with.:happy: I had a great pregnacy, only the last 3 weeks I had susages for legs and feet and my little bundle decided that she wanted to come out 6 weeks early. I had a very easy delivery it was 4 hours from start to finsih and it was all natural, I know I have been called crazy but it was really not as bad as what I thought it would be, to be really honest I found it rather easy. I exercise mostly after my little one goes to bed, but I have been doing Zumba on my wii and have started doing it with my little girl because she loves to dance and she thinks it great. My moivation is to be like otheres have siad that HOT Mom, to be healthy for my little girl and to be able to live a long and happy life, I want to be that wow thats your grandma??? I just want ot be happy in my own skin and to live a life that I can do all that I can.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Julie!

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish) : 3 children, Chris-20, Alyssa-18, Gabrielle-12, 2 step childeren whom I love to pieces: Tanner-20, Mackenzie-14

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? maybe, if it is Gods will, we would like to share a child

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Good pregnancies, deliveries

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? either before work at 6am or right after 445p

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? Getting married in Oct.2013, want to look stunning in my dress, and want to set a good example for our kids!!