What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is an Irish-Italian American, and I am a Filipino American. There are times when people stare or make jokes that I am his "Asian war bride" or that he should be happy because I probably don't speak English and can't talk back. Those are far and few. I have only dated "my kind" maybe once or twice, and thats because I've never really jived with another Filipino like that.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I don't see any problems with it :)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    If two people make each other happy, what difference does it make what their religion, nationality, ethnicity, political views, etc. are?

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't see it this way. In my opinion, those people don't matter.

Congrats to the two of you for finding happiness!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Race and gender should not be an issue, just species.
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    the way I see it, it's none of my business who dates/sleeps with/marries whom (unless it's a non consenting adult issue, in which case the cops need to be called!).

Who you want to love is your business. :) I think the world could stand more love and if you find it, you keep hold of it :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    anyone who has a problem with this is a horrible human being and should not be allowed to make any decisions on any scale.

Seconded. All in favor, say "Aye".
    Aye
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'm pro-happiness :wink:
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have been married to my amazing husband for 16 years, we have 2 beautiful children. He is black and I am white...Don't let people be the judge of whom you fall in Love with...skin colour has nothing to do with it!
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow I have to admit. It's refreshing to see so many open minded people!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have a bi-racial son so obviously Im ok with it. And so was my ex-husband.
    I will say where you live makes a huge difference. Here in Chicago you may get a few random comments. When I lived in North Carolina people were openly hostile. When we lived in San Diego no one even looked twice at us. In fact we frequently had people approach us and tell us what a beautiful couple we were.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Black and white? Fine.

Canadian and American? That's the work of the devil right there.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I really don't care. I hate people who are against things that don't involve them - like gay marriage, for example. I believe that people should just learn to live their own lives.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am surprised that this is even an issue. Love who you want.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've dated men who were not the same color as me. Mum was not happy. It didn't bother me then. I don't stare at interracial couples. (Though I DID wonder about this couple I saw Sunday at the beach who looked white and their three children looked interracial..) All that aside, I don't think I'd date another black, Latino, Middle Eastern or Asian fellow. The cultural differences you have to deal with in an interracial relationship can be daunting. I'd rather not have to deal with that anymore.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i see nothing wrong with it. i'm mexican (american) and i'm totally into white dudes lol. its harder sometimes because of cultural differences, but i always seem to find a way to work through it for the ones that i get serious with. :)
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hawt is hawt! :wink:
  • faengel
    faengel Posts: 14
    Options
    I am white, my husband is white, my kids all white....I still don't see a problem with interacial couples...I think it is a sad world whre people are still judged by skin color! I have 1 Judge...The good Lord above, no one else has the right.
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Totally against it - humans should only be in relationships with other humans

Other than that I have no objections :wink:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    As long as you treat each other well it's all good.

And I figure anyone who thinks otherwise has some personal issues they need to deal with.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    My 1st wife was a Russian Jew.
    My 2nd wife was Italian Catholic.
    My 3rd wife was Czech Christian.
    My wife now was raised Mormon. European mutt.

Dated all races, religions, backgrounds. There can sometimes be external pressures that are difficult to overcome. Gotta take a "them and us" attitude sometimes.

Dude that's alot of wives.

Made me LOL