What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• purpleelephand2011
    purpleelephand2011 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i think it can be a beautiful thing as long as the two people love eachother and respect eachother. i also think its good not to have a "prefrence" when it comes to loving someone. there is only one race: the human race. being ignorant is soooo 1960's. its time to move on from that
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with being in an interracial relationship, heck I'm in one right now. I am very very white and my boyfriend is originally from Pakistan. And just because we are from different cultures doesn't matter to us, his family loves me and my family loves him. And like has been said before, we're all humans so what does it matter?

Not to mention that I absolutely love his darker skin, I think it makes him incredibly handsome and sexy. :) And his accent, especially when he speaks Urdu (his first language) my heart completely melts. :)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I'm white and want to marry a fit, athletic Japanese hottie. So, I approve.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    My 1st wife was a Russian Jew.
    My 2nd wife was Italian Catholic.
    My 3rd wife was Czech Christian.
    My wife now was raised Mormon. European mutt.

Dated all races, religions, backgrounds. There can sometimes be external pressures that are difficult to overcome. Gotta take a "them and us" attitude sometimes.

this^

Dude that's alot of wives.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I've dated interracially for as long as I can remember and my fiance' is asian while I am hispanic.
    I'd be surprised if someone had an issue with it in this day and age.
    You learn a lot about similar most cultures are in most ways once you start branching out.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    [sigh] I will NEVER understand this....what does interracial mean anyhow?

Only ONE race as far as God's concerned....the HUMAN race.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Girlllll, get it! I don't see anything wrong with some sexy dark chocolate! I once dated a Jamaican and wow... Wine pon more! I say date whomever you wish! I love me some exotic too!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest problems society ever had was when they started classifying people by skin color and "race."

There is no such thing as "race" and we are all the same species.

There are people from various ethnic and geographical origins but there is nothing 100% definitive in their genetics or anything else which makes them belong to any particular racial classification. We all blend in and cross the "defined" lines and limits all the time.

Stop falling for this "race" classification bull**** and live your life the way you want with whoever you choose.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i think it can be a beautiful thing as long as the two people love eachother and respect eachother. i also think its good not to have a "prefrence" when it comes to loving someone. there is only one race: the human race. being ignorant is soooo 1960's. its time to move on from that

Very true. I don't typically like blonds but i did have a blond boyfriend once, but most were white with dark hair, a Turk and a half white/half black guy. My husband is my first "black". I myself am part German, Czech and French. My husband has almost only African Americans in his family but seeing as he IS that, he's much lighter than any African i've ever seen in my hometown (it's a College town with lots of different nationalities) so he has white mixed in there for sure and probably some native american too.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Race and gender should not be an issue, just species.

This! I agree with this!

Even though I was raised in an area where you were frowned upon, I've never had any issues with people of other races. Now that I no longer live there, I have no problem dating people of other races.

We're all pink on the inside. We all bleed red. We're all human.
    Don't worry about what others think. Within the next century we're all going to be the same color b/c of interracial relationships and the development of offspring from those relationships. ~Live Laugh Love~

Sara
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Well, if you're going to bring God into it, there is the tower of Babel and what supposedly happened to Noah's sons because they saw him naked.

It's science that doesn't recognize race because from a biological standpoint it doesn't really exist.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Nice!
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't think interracial relationships are any different from any other relationships, because they are just relationships.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm white (shocker, right), and my hubby is black. We've been married 13 years and have 2 ridiculously amazing kids. We live in Texas, and it still turns a few heads here but nothing major. Interestingly (or not), my parents had no problem with our marriage, but HIS parents weren't too thrilled. My mother's extended family pretty much disowned me over it, and will have nothing to do with us or our children. I'm not bitter about it though--it's THEIR loss, 100%. My mother has always been my best friend, and she still is. She can't help it that her family is racist.

I say make your choice, and then hold your head up high. Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Who cares??? You are the only ones that matter. Enough said!!
  • char_char_piper
    Options
    I'm happily, blissfully married to the man of my dreams and he playfully refers to me as his WASP. He is Mexican/Black/White and he is the most amazing person I've ever met. I could care less what anyone else thinks about us and have sometimes gotten downright indignant in the face of anyone who disrespects his heritage. I'm proud of him and proud to be his wife...

So I suppose that pretty much explains my stance!
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    My husband is from Chihuahua, Mexico (his parents don't even speak English) and I'm so white I practically glow in the dark. I don't care what other people think so I never gave it a second thought. And go figure, our little one is blonde/blue eyes like me. i hear what you're saying as far as people making assumptions, for some reason everyone is always shocked to find out he's an aerospace engineer, they expect him to not be educated or something. But I feel like that's their ignorant problem, not ours. :drinker:
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would simply say that if you truly love someone, it should not matter...
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Didn't even know it was an issue anymore...certainly, as a society weve come further than that! Good luck and God bless. BE HAPPY and treat each other well and it's all good!

Haha. I was 18 years old before I knew that it was not just history book junk.

My fiancee is an educated, well spoken, well dressed man. My parents are just happy I didnt bring someone home with tattoos, colored hair and a bunch of piercings. Some people have voiced their concern. Luckily I dont care much what others think. We are happy together.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    "Interracial" should not merit a second thought. Much less be perceived as a barrier.

But Canadian? Oh, I just don't know about that. I mean, how would I even broach the idea with my parents? And you have to, because they are gonna find out soon enough. Yeah, maybe the first aboot goes by unnoticed. But soon enough, somebody is gonna pour some gravy on french fries by accident and that's all she wrote. Trust me, they will find out.

And the kids. WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS???

For God's sake. Think about the kids.

Exactly.