What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I think anyone who judges people like that, gives you odd looks, whatever the case may be is doing you a great service. They're throwing up the red light to never associate with them.

Gay, straight, black, white, christian, atheist....those things REALLY are none of anyone else's business.

I think you should just bask in the glory of having found someone who loves and cares about you. :)
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Honestly who cares what other people think. Live your life and be happy.... YOLO lol
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    I recently started seeing (hanging out with? dating? it's new :P) a guy who happens to be black. I'm white as snow. He likes it, even likes that I don't go to tanning salons. At least once every time we talk or go out, he wonders about my dad and meeting him, how he'd react. I wonder, too, but come on. It's 2012, we should have moved on from this by now. Let's worry about bigger things than skin color. Here in the U.S., we have elections coming up in November. How about we start considering issues that will actually impact our day to day lives, instead of who someone else happens to be attracted to.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm black and my husband is white.

He is a super smart, video gaming, jeans and tee shirt kinda guy. I've let up on my dark gothicness lol so I was already outta place ;-)
  • gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    I believe people should be with the people they love no matter sex or race. Too many people worry about other peoples business and not their own.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I could care less what what anybody says about my GORGEOUS BLACK-TALL SEXY HUSBAND IVE BEEN MARRIED TO FOR 15 YEARS
    they can all kiss my ENTIRE ( _/o\_ ) right in the middle!!

Dont let ANYONE EVER_EVER tell you who you can and cant be with, just because of the color of thier skin. I love my husband GOD gave him to me, and thats just too bad, they dont pay my bills, they dont live in my house, and they dont give me money, so they can KICK ROCKS!
    A man is a man, skin color doesnt matter and vice versa, love is love. I am not in a RACIAL anything, my husband is a man and I am a woman and thats the way it is, you hold your head up and be proud of your man, and dont pay no mind to the haters.

I know people who think im black and my husband acts like a mexican lol- well thats everyone we know- so who cares, you love what your heart tells you too. besides we are not the minority any more....we are all mixing together.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    IMAG1389-1.jpg

our beautiful son
    IMAG0842.jpg
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Currently in one. I'm black (to put it bluntly) and my boyfriend is white. I guess technically you could say that I'm bi-racial, since my parents were an interracial couple as well (white mom, black dad.), so naturally I don't see anything wrong with it. To top it off, we live right smack next to San Francisco. xD So yeah, a lot more tolerance over here, but we do get the occasional "look" every now and then. Hell, I even get them from his friends sometimes, like they don't really think it's going to last. You just kind of have to accept the fact that not everyone is used to the idea, and think of how awesome it'll feel when you finally prove them wrong~

How is it that we could "technically" say you are biracial? You are. By calling yourself black,when your mother is white, is denying your mother, and half of who you are. Sounds like you are ashamed you are half white? Yet you are dating a white guy....

To the OP, love whoever you want as long as they make you happy!

This is a little unfair. Even though she said she was black and is not 100%, in America she is classified as black. I am *technically* 3/8ths black and 5/8ths white, but on every single document throughout my life, I have been listed as black whether I indentified as such or not. The same goes for the freaking president. He's only half black, but now we celebrate having a black president? The remnants of the one drop rule still exist whether we want to admit or not.

And for the people who are "shocked" that this is still an issue.. Well, unfortunately it is in many places. We're originally from Texas, and I'd still get looks while out with my husband (WTF?! I'm biracial and he's black with a quarter cuban). Now, we live in the Bay Area in California, and no one ever looks twice at us. They stare at our daughters because they are insanely beautiful and unique looking.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Race and gender should not be an issue, just species.

Joolie - LOL, was that a joke? I noticed in your profile pic there was a women next to a Blue Jay Mascot. What are you trying to say?

Haha, I hadn't thought of that! But no, just meant human to human not human to sheep :laugh:
  • bahlquist
    Options
    It should not matter you can't help
    who you like no matter the race
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't think the race matters but sometimes a cultural difference can be hard. As in people brought up in different countries. It would be hard if the families speak different languages maybe. Or in a case where one family is super religious and the other side doesn't share similar beliefs.
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My family is interracial since I chose to adopt my son at 9 months from Korea 23 years ago. I was shocked many times by both adult's and children's comments (although many people also had kind things to say)
    I have a multiracial family too, also b/c of adoption. Me and dh are white, while our kids are hispanic (adopted from Guatemala), white (bio) and asian (our 2 yo daughter was also adopted from Korea at 9 months). It is somewhat rare, but I have witnessed racism since being a parent to children of racial/ethnic minorities. I don't doubt you get the occasional look or comment.

Of course i am very pro-interracial relationship (and dated a couple black guys in my day). But I also wanted to admit to "staring" probably too long at interracial couples. For instance today I saw a lovely teenaged couple... an attractive caucasian young man (similar coloring to my bio son) and a beautiful asian young woman (somewhat similar to my daughter). I was thinking "Will this be my son some day? Or will this be my daughter?" Of course if my kids aren't present I might look like a creepy or judgemental person. Hopefully if my kids are there it makes more sense. Anyway, with such a varied family I am excited to see who my children choose to date or someday hopefully marry. I HOPE they meet/are friends with/date all sorts of people... races included.

Best of luck to you guys.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with interracial relationships - you are both people!!!
  • psumter
    psumter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What a strange question in this day and age. My hubby is 1/2 black & 1/2 white so he's already a product of in interracial relationship from more than 50 years ago. His entire family is involved in an interracial relationship of one type or another. Most of my friends are in interracial relationships. ALL of my friends are very intelligent and well educated. This is a non-issue with enlightened people. Those who have an issue with it are not worth your time.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I don't see a difference in people because of the color of their skin, hair, eyes, clothes. I see differences in people in their attitude, outlook, sensitivity and humanity. Never been involved in an interracial relationship. But for me that's not the stuff people are about.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I considered adding some humor to this thread, but figured it might cause a sphincter or two to tighten
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My 1st wife was a Russian Jew.
    My 2nd wife was Italian Catholic.
    My 3rd wife was Czech Christian.
    My wife now was raised Mormon. European mutt.

Dated all races, religions, backgrounds. There can sometimes be external pressures that are difficult to overcome. Gotta take a "them and us" attitude sometimes.

Dude that's alot of wives.

That's what my daughter says. I just tell her that I'm too much man for one woman.

I told ppl that too, but it turned out I was just like really fat.

:laugh:
  • CarolynBaggoo
    CarolynBaggoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am white from Canada, my Husband is black from Trinidad. We've been married 32 years now. It doesn't make any difference. Just be sure he is an equal player when it comes to cleaning, caring for the kids and cooking; in some cultures the women does all of that and he might have that ingrained in him from youth up.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I think interracial relationships are beautiful. Believe it or not, according to the census, marriages between white men and black women have the lowest divorce rate of all!

http://blackwomen.diydating.com/index.php

Wow. You learn something new every day!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm the product of one so I can't say I have a problem with it. :smile:
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    What is this the 18th century?? No problem here with it, if you both are happy who the hell cares what others think. :drinker: