Where are all the moms? Come...introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• sophiasmommy719
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future?
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery?
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise?
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit?

My answers:
    1.) I have a beautiful 1 month old daughter named Sophia.
    2.) Yes I plan on one more hopefully a boy.
    3.) It wasnt too bad.... I tried all natural and lasted about 8 hours till I gave in to an epidural.
    4.) I excersize around 8 pm after dinners cooked and my husband can watch our daughter.
    5.) My main motivation is to be happy with myself and always be a good role model for my daughter.
  • tlcampos
    tlcampos Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi i"m Tammy , I'm a mom of 5boys 18,16,15,12,10 my i'm at my heaviest than i ever was threw any of my pregnancies. my motivation to get healthy and shed some pounds is from my dad passing away in June from a stroke and finding out there's a long family history of heart problems.my youngest son is terrified that his mom will pass away as well , so i promised him i would do everything in my power to get healthy and fit.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hi, mamas! Good to read about all of you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish!

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?
    I have six, aged 18, 11, 8, 5, 4, and 17 mos. I am expecting #7 in about 4 more months.

Who knows? :laugh:

Some pregnancies, I have not felt very well. I'm usually anemic. Some, I feel great and continue with martial arts workouts (been studying 10 years.) This pregnancy, I feel strong and energetic! I've delivered some in the hospital and some at home--deliveries at home are easier and more peaceful for me. I plan to deliver at home this time.

Whenever I can, same as taking a shower and brushing my teeth. It's just as important for my health and well-being. If I can't get it done before the kids get up, they do it with me.

Wanting to enjoy my life, wanting to be able to crawl on the floor and chase after future grandchildren, wanting to have enough energy to stay out late dancing with my husband once all the kids are out of the house, wanting to be ready for more when the guys at the dojo are collapsed in a sweaty heap. And of course, I like looking hot!
  • TabCat03
    TabCat03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just getting started on the boards-it's good to read all the responses!

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)

My answers:
    1.) I've got 2 kids of my own-my daughter is 7 & my son is almost 5. I've also had 2 surrogate babies-Dylan is 2 & Cassidy is almost 5 months old.
    2.) I plan on having more surro babies, but no more for myself-2 is a handful most days!
    3.) Pregnancies were all great! Just tired. :) Deliveries were long but good-3 unmediated water births and the last was an unmediated 'land' birth.
    4.) Usually when I'm at work on break or after kids go to bed. Free time to exercise is very sporadic.
    5.) To be a healthy, fit mom and a good example for my kids. To not be the fat, frumpy mom that goes everywhere in sweats or 'mom' jeans cause I'm too fat for anything else.
  • nardz04
    nardz04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, My name is Nadine.
    Its great to see how you all are managing to juggle exercise with home life.

I have a 22 month old boy (Parker) and a 10 month old girl (Dyllan).

My hands are full with 2 at the moment so i think we are done:)

Pregnancies were fairly 'normal', I kept up walking throughout both so my labours were only a few hours with 10 mins (parker) and 5 mins (Dyllan) pushing. - very lucky.

I try to exercise while they have their morning nap or once they go to bed at night.

I am ready to lead by example for my kids by having an active life, being confident about how I look and also being aware of our diets.
  • tatterscoops
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm Maureen.

I have one son, he's almost 6 years old.

Maybe one day, not quite sure about this. I'm a single mom so...

My pregnancy was very difficult. I had a severe preeclampsia and my son was born 5 weeks early before that I was on a bed rest for a whole month and was hospitalized twice.

Since I'm working from home, I always work out early in the morning.

My son, I want him to have a healthy mommy that will be around for a long time and to inspire him to live a healthy lifestyle too. Hah! Also, my family have diabetes for generations and I've seen how ugly this can get so I am battling my family's 'heritage' by staying fit.
  • carlydevi
    carlydevi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My son will be 3 next month, his name is Jamie Gabriel. :)

Yes, I really want to. I don't have a partner at the moment, though and I want to wait some more years anyway.

Pregnancy was great, no complication. Delivery was 3 weeks early, but overall okay.

In the evenings when he's in bed. I spend the afternoons after work playing with him rather than working out. :)

Selfish reasons actually. I want to feel good inside my body and fit into my old clothes..

Nice to meet everyone!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This threads is packed to the hilt with MILFs.
  • FireFae
    FireFae Posts: 40
    Options

I have a 17 month old daughter.

Yes, we're planning to have one more.

Pregnancy was great - no problems, but the delivery was quite tough. The epidural stopped my labor, so they had to perform c-section. I had a long apres-c-section recovery (3 months for the pain to go away and about 8 months before I was able to start working out again). I'm planning totally natural birth next time. Learned my lesson with them chemicals :D

My husband and I split the week when one of works out while the other is putting the little one to sleep, etc. For example, yesterday I went running while my husband was taking care of DD and put her to sleep. Tonight will be my husband's work out evening :)

My daughter, of course. I want to lead a long and healthy life to be able to help her and be there for her as long as possible.
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, 3 and 6 months boy and girl. My pregnancys both flew by. Besides the throwing up every morning for the whole 9 months both times, everything else was fine. Im not sure if I want anymore. I'm only 22 so who knows what will happen in the future. My SO says he doesn't want anymore but he might change his mind. Didnt get my tubes tied or anything just in case. The only time I get to workout is if I get up in the morning before they do. Even then, they wake up and I have to stop for a couple minutes. My motivation is I want to be able to run around with my kids, I want to be able to keep up with them even when I get older. I dont want them to have bad habits like I did.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, 11 years old 4 years old and 20 months old. My husband would like at least 1 more child but I am a little leary :) All 3 pregnancies were healthy, 1st 2 I was induced for being over my due date, my last baby arrived on my actual due date on his own terms :) I work 3rd shift so I work out in the evenings down in our basement and let the 2 little ones run around at that time.
    Why I want to be fit-more so for myself-feel good and look good for having 3 babies!!!!
  • 4Elyse2012
    4Elyse2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 3 year girl named Elyse

We would love to, just not sure when yet!

Pregnancy was wonderful, not even a drop of morning sickness! Drug-free delivery was a little rough in spots, but was instantaneously better as soon as I met my beautiful little girl!

I work mostly graveyard shifts, so I'll go running w/ my daughter in the stroller right when I get home, or do a workout dvd sometime during the day (she likes to try do them with me, very cute!)

I want to be a good example for my daughter, help build my self-confidence, and live a long, healthy life!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Alexus=12 going on 20:grumble:
    NO MORE CHILDREN!!
    My pregnancy was ok. I craved chinese and cereal
    I work 1st 2nd and 3rd shift
    I work out whenever I find time(usually late @ night) I am determined to lose weight and set an example for my daughter
    she is my pride and joy:heart:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

My answers:
    1.) I'm a mother of two. I have a 4 yr old son named Quentin, and an 11 month old daughter named Lydia. : )
    2.) No more kids. We are happy with two!
    3.) My pregnancies where great until the late second trimesters. Both my children tried to come out early, and I was on mandatory bedrest until 37 weeks. My son was an emergency c-section (because he got stuck in my birth canal), and my daughter was a planned c-section (to avoid what happened the first time).
    4.) I exercise around 8pm when my youngest is in bed.
    5.) My main motivation is to be a good role-model to my kids. Not only that-- but to also be one of those "hot" moms, and not one has to wear "mom jeans" because that's all I can fit in. ;)

1) I've got 2 children. Jack is 3 and Maya is 15 months.
    2) Possibly once Jack starts school. We'll see!
    3) Easy pregnancies, easy deliveries. Jack was 10 days late, labour about 7.5 hours, got to hospital 10cm dilated, just used gas and air, no stitches needed. Maya was 12 days late and induced. Labour was 4 hours 21 minutes. Again just gas and air, and no stitches.
    4) My husband does shift work so I fit exercise round that so he can look after the kids. Sometimes they go in the crèche at the gym. And the days I work (I work part time as a secondary school teacher) I go to the gym after work and before I pick them up from nursery.
    5) I want to get back into clothes I wore 10 years ago when I was slim (and a lot of them fit me now, just a little bit tight), be fit and healthy and a good example for my kids, and look good!
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My names Tanya and I am a 40 year old young mom! ;)

Richie (17) Brian (14) and Cheyenne (11)

No more babies for me! I am preparing to move on to the next phase of my life!

All of my pregnancies were easy and my deliveries were quick and easy.

My kids are all older so I exercise when my schedule allows. However, I just signed up my daughter for Karate at the YMCA so I will be going to Zumba at least 2 days a week while she is there! In the fall, winter and spring, she will go and walk the treadmills with me and do a little stationary biking.

I am going to Sturgis in 2013 for the first time and I will NOT be hiding behind baggy tshirts!
  • CarmsJHB
    CarmsJHB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi DawnieB1977

1) I have one 8 year old daughter.
    2) I would love to have lots of kid but fertility issues
    3) My pregnancy was smooth sailing and had an emergency c-section due to me bing too small built for the baby
    4) Morning/evenings
    5) Role model for my daughter and super-model for hubby
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? i have 3 children Finnley is 4, Oscar is 2 and Isla is 14months
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? we plan on 1 more maybe next year if it doesnt happen then we will stick at 3.
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? first pregnancy morning sickness all day everyday yet i still gained 60lbs!, second pregnancy same again but only gained 10lbs, third was great only gained 2lbs and never got a bump so i could still act like a normal person up till delivery! im a wimp so never had any pain relief so 3 natural births and was up walking within hours each time.
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? i exercise in a morning before my kiddies wake and then we walk in the afternoons, i sometimes do a fitness class in evening when my OH s home to watch kids.
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? to look young and healthy and to not look like a mom of 3! having kids so close together it was hard to lose the extra weight between pregnancies!
  • katiefly86
    Options
    1.) Zachary is 6 and Ariana is 4
    2.) I'm not decided as to whether or not I'll be having any more. If so only one more.
    3.) I was ill throughout my first pregnancy (heartburn/indigestion). With my second it was smooth sailing.
    4.) I'm not a fan of exercise, but I do walk, bike, swim, and play soccer with my children. We all love doing things like that. But I hate being "locked up" in a gym, lol!!
    5.) My main motivations are to be healthier, more energized, and be a better role model for my children. I don't them growing up thinking it's ok or healthy to overeat and eat all sorts of fatty foods every day. :happy:
  • tlucas69
    tlucas69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommas! I'm Teresa!

1) 6 kiddos---

Damian, 14
    Aidan , 7
    Leland , 4
    Anais, 2
    Ariel, 1
    Leo, 9 mos

2) No thank you!!!

3) My first was the longest labor at 24 hrs. I had an epidural. 2nd and 3rd were super short labors, 4 and 3 hours long!! No time for epidural but i begged anyway....didn't get it!! The last 3 kids came about a month early each and were all c-sections.

4) I work out whenever I can. They all go to school or daycare so I take advantage during that time to get my workout in even If i have to sacrifice sleep ( i work the graveyard shift)

5) I wanna be fit and healthy for my whole family. I want to be able to see all my kids and my future grandkids grow up!! After 6 kids, my body is all outta whack!! I'm ready to do somethin' about it!!!
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish) - i have 3 kids ages 2, 3 and 12
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? - possibly
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery?- all 3 were pretty easy. labor 4 hours 1st was natural, next 2 EPIDURAL! ahhhh!
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? whenever i can. lol. my gym has a kid zone so YAY!
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? my old body.