Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    My fiance and I always decide what we're eating the entire day and log it ahead of time. This shows me how much I can use for snacks and how close to my calorie goal I will be. It works great for us. I found that when I logged as I ate I couldnt enjoy my food bc I sat there forever trying to eat and log my food...so now I do it before.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything first thing in the morning. It helps me plan my day and there's no guess work later on. I go back and edit if I need to, but I rarely need to when I pre-plan and pre-log.
  • AroraSumita
    Options
    I log before i put it in my mouth- and I know roughly how many calories i should be done with by each meal- that way i have more control over what goes in my mouth and i avoid the excess before it happens!
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I work two 12-hr night shifts per week. On those days I pre-log and fill my lunch bag. When the food is all gone then I am done. That way I can eat from the bag during the 12-hr shift and not have to think about it!
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i pre-log about half the time, the other half i dont. I do MUCH BETTER on days i prelogg, because my macros are always spot on then.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of both. I log what I want to eat that day and then I correct it as I go if I have to change something. My planning doesn't always line up with what I'm doing that day! I don't submit it until the end of the day though.

This!! :)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Not often, but if I take my lunch to work like I did today I will log it in the morning.
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Because I am on the road working during the day, I have to bring my lunch. When that is the case, I pre log...it helps me not to stop and get something unhealthy when I'm out and about.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    yup
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    I have tried to pre-log but don't always fancy what I have entered at that time so I just log as I go now
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Most times yes ... I pre-log up until lunchtime (that is when we have our big meals) and then I know what I have left for the evening ...
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    Nope, in fact i keep a had written log also.

I used to always keep a written log too but everyone got fed up of finding calorie sheets everywhere, so I do it on here now. It is a very good idea when you cant get to your pc though :smile:
  • fkeehnen
    fkeehnen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i prelog lunch as I'm packing it, because then I can scan the bar codes from the packages that I take things out of and have accurate portions and nutrients without all the work
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I also find it easier to log exercise after I've eaten my mail meal, then I know roughly how many calories I have to eat in the evening as that's my danger time
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Log as I go
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I like to log in advance, hat way i can work out exactly how much i can eat before hand and adjust portion size / excersise to make sure i stick within my limits.
    Also i don't think about food as much. It goes from what can i eat ? to, do i feel like eating my pear now, or should i wait 30 mins?

THIS!! It just makes my day easier if i plan it ahead of time. It can always be changed :)
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, then log that and the rest of my day. I have to log ahead of time so that I stay on track.
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    I always pre log, and amend things so I am always on or under my calorie goal, I find it helps so much. Just have to stick to what you've logged.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm a little obsessive so I do pre-log in advance.
    That way I know where I have leeway (sp?) if I grab a quick snack on the run
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I pre log if I know what I'm having, I prelog exercise so I can't back out as well! :D

1397731.png