Anyone else get fed up of logging food?

Options

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    No I love it! I love it so much I log everything twice. I've been doing WW for almost 7 months and have recently added MFP to see the nutrition break down a bit better.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    For me it really helps to log it in. It help me to stay accountable to myself and mindful of what I am eating. Mindless eating is what got me to over 300 pounds in the first place. The more I log, the easier it gets. I have many things saved that I eat on a regular basis so logging only takes a few minutes out of my day.
  • MerBear1985
    Options
    ALL...THE...TIME!!! But it is a necessary evil for me right now because when I don't log I go WAY off track right now.
  • fuelingit
    Options
    i feel the exact same way. i rarely track my vegetables (i just started doing this now..blegh), and i NEVER track my water intake lol. it is a pain sometimes, but if i'm ever bored during the day i go on my phone and track my food i know ill be eating for the next day. saving/remembering meals is also helpful!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    sometimes it does seem tedious but I know that if I don't I tend to stray, so I have to keep myself accountable. Other times though it gives me a sense of "control" and I like that.
  • Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I find it fiddly, because I make most of my meals from scratch, with lots of different ingredients, and it takes a while to add them all. But I find after a while the food I'm eating is generally the same, and it's all saved automatically on here, so I just click on 'recent' and tick the boxes.

I am just like this. I know though the moment I slide and don't log I start increasing portions and eating more.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I find it very helpful to log everything.. food, exercise, weight, measurements... I like it.. helps me stay on track and get the results I want!
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yes it feels like a chore. But I sit by a computer at work so not a huge issue. I don't log on weekends because I like to relax and not worry about documenting every pretzel I eat.

The only issue is sometimes I forget what I had the night before. Thankfully the barcode scanner helps a lot when I'm feeling lazy.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i log my food about six months out of the year, the other six I practice doing it naturally in my head and listening to my body. She never lies to me anymore, she knows whats up and I can tell exactly when Im on the wrong track by the way she runs on the fuel im giving her.
  • crazycakez
    Options
    I love it! I always pre-log to plan for the day, and I enjoy playing with different meals and snacks to meet my goal. Then it's kind of my daily challenge to stick to the plan because I don't want to go back and change what I put in (or feel guilty when I have to put in an impulse "cheat food"). I find planning and logging keeps me focused and on track.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    When I first started out, I loved it... (I'm just the type of person that loves keeping a record of things)... but now that I've plateaued, and nothing I try seems to be working, I am starting to HATE logging food. :/
  • fit2bfine
    Options
    Never! I do this religiously and is a habit. Plus it helps me considerably. I'd be lost without it. Compared to my days of manually logging in my food, before the mandatory FDA guidelines that mandated that nutrition labels be put on products and before everybody was so obsessed with fitness it, it was hell trying to guesstimate the calories in food. I love this program and it keeps me intuned to what I put into my mouth and what I should consider before putting it in my mouth. I have been logging in on this site for 4 years now.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Logging is why I do this program. Portion control is my problem. So, daily and probably for the rest of my life, I have to measure/weigh my food and log it. It is working for me, so it is not a drag.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I dont mind it 2 much..Did it for a year, and i like to look back, and see where I may have slipped a bit, or exercised more etc..and what i ate..etc, It is just part of my routine. I never log Sundays, as they have always been open day:-)
  • HelenaCatherine165
    HelenaCatherine165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So bored of it I've not done it for over a week. Most things I cook are made from scratch and I'm living in the middle east so barcodes are not scanning. Thinking I might just start logging weight and exercise?
  • ceawench
    ceawench Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    can't say it's my favorite thing to do,but it keeps me honest :happy:
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, it was a game to me. It was interesting seeing what and how much I was eating and enlightening to see how it affected my health and weight, etc.

Now, because of all the things I've learned from logging - typical calories in certain foods, the true size of package serving sizes, the types of nutrients found in foods, the true nature of restaurant portions - it feels like a chore sometimes.

All of the control and decisions have become automatic - so it's like I don't need the training wheels anymore. At least, that's what it feels like sometimes. ^_^

In the end, I still log every day. :ohwell:
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Nope, this is one of many tools I utilize to ensure I reach my goal of being 100% healthy and reversing my previous obese life style. This site has helped me immensely in that task and even more now that I began to grow into a community with in this site.

Therefore I am very thankful for MFP and use it with out fail.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be a bit annoying, but it is certainly working! It also helps that I gave myself a definite deadline for when I would be done logging. I leave on a long trip to China in early October which will give me exactly 80 days of logging. After that, it will be impossible since I will be eating completely unknown foods. I feel like I will have a good basis for how my body should feel when eating the right number of calories by that point.
  • brodi3man
    brodi3man Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Its a game to me. How much can I eat w/o destroying my macros and still stay under my calories.