Darn hit. Heavy lifting left me "toned".

Options

Replies

• Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yay! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I was trying to be a smart *kitten* and therefor my post wasn't very informative.

My blog has more photos (and the photos includes my legs, which shows there's more work to be done):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Rae6503

For the first year after my kid was born (orange shirt was shortly after) I just watched what I ate, nursed, and worked out sporadically. This brought me from about 180lbs to 161lbs. Last summer I did Turbo Fire, and MFP, eating around 2000 calories net (and yes, eating exercise calories so 2300 total or so). This brought me down to 150lbs.

I started "heavy lifting" in October. I started with New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. In about mid-October I started eating at a calorie surplus. First starting around 2600 net, then moving to 2800 net, so over 3000 a day total. In December I switched to an upper/lower body split designed for hypertrophy containg both compound moves and isolation. This brought be back up to 160lbs.

From Jan until July I did StrongLifts5x5 and ate around maintenance (so yeah, not a whole lot of difference). Since then I've been doing a modified version of StrongLifts, 3x5 with biceps and triceps added to workout B, and abs and calves added to A. I've also been doing 2 hour mountain bike rides once or twice a week this summer.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Friday+-+Damn_.gif

This! You look amazing!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the pictures! I am two weeks into my heavy lifting routine, and it's motivational to see results like this!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough sarcasm in here imo.

EDIT: And great job!!!!
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough sarcasm in here imo.

LOL...I completely agree!!! :happy:
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!!! Great job!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The word "toned" is the new "black" to me.

All my life, I've had very dark hair. (Except when I foolishly try to add highlights and go reddish.) It always annoyed me when people said my hair was black. I'm an artist. I know colors. It's not black. It's dark brown. Burnt umber. Espresso. Walnut. Not black. It's lighter and warmer than black.

But over time, I gave up. If you wanna say I'm the girl with black hair, fine. I'm the girl with black hair. I feel the same way with "toned," now, too. If someone wants to say I'm toned, fine. I'm toned. It's certainly better than being mushy and jiggly.

But don't think it's the results of pink dumbbells. :laugh:
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING.....with your "toned" self....
  • Rae6503
    Options
    The word "toned" is the new "black" to me.

All my life, I've had very dark hair. (Except when I foolishly try to add highlights and go reddish.) It always annoyed me when people said my hair was black. I'm an artist. I know colors. It's not black. It's dark brown. Burnt umber. Espresso. Walnut. Not black. It's lighter and warmer than black.

But over time, I gave up. If you wanna say I'm the girl with black hair, fine. I'm the girl with black hair. I feel the same way with "toned," now, too. If someone wants to say I'm toned, fine. I'm toned. It's certainly better than being mushy and jiggly.

But don't think it's the results of pink dumbbells. :laugh:

I really love dark brown hair by the way. I've been considering going just darker than my natural for winter.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • BeautyIsABeast
    BeautyIsABeast Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, women dont bulk up. We may get more muscle definition but not bulk. We do not have the testosterone level for that. Im sure there are un natural ways however. Trust me...I love muscles.... I lift a lot because I loooove the glamour muscles (shoulders, biceps triceps) but I know its far fetched to want to have guns like my dad. lol. Women should look strong but softer anyways. You look good. i think you can probably get a little bigger but...not much. How big were trying to get? (pic)...
  • LORELLI
    LORELLI Posts: 24
    Options
    Before I scrolled down all the way to the bottom of your picture I was thinking to myself "Why does she want to get bulky??? She looks amazing!!! Is she serious?" lol Congrats on your consistency! You look great!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • Rae6503
    Options
    From my understanding, women dont bulk up. We may get more muscle definition but not bulk. We do not have the testosterone level for that. Im sure there are un natural ways however. Trust me...I love muscles.... I lift a lot because I loooove the glamour muscles (shoulders, biceps triceps) but I know its far fetched to want to have guns like my dad. lol. Women should look strong but softer anyways. You look good. i think you can probably get a little bigger but...not much. How big were trying to get? (pic)...

I know. I was being sarcastic. And trying to prove that point that women don't naturally get hugely muscular. (aka "bulky").

I'm not terribly concerned with getting much bigger than I am now. Maybe, if I ever get my legs to a place where I like them, I might do another bulking cycle but I'm not sure.
  • connctd
    connctd Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • ljaroch
    ljaroch Posts: 64
    Options
    Friday+-+Damn_.gif

Haha my thoughts exactly!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Dayum! Amazing results! Inspirational even. Congrats!
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Friday+-+Damn_.gif

LOL ^this
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Friday+-+Damn_.gif

ROLF

GREAT JOB
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!