Inappropriate work attire...*shudder*

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, since I already commented once. Is it inappropriate for a boss to regularly forget to zip his pants? I never had the guts to tell him his zipper was down, I don't work there anymore.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    don't hate appreciate... sweater puppies are awesome.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    WOW! If a sweater and flip flops can upset people, I bet I would have been tarred and feathered.
  • catwoman131
    Options
    If she's 50, she knows and she doesn't give a ***t. It's one of the benefits of getting older :smile:

love it!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Not personally but a coworker of mine has to interact all the time with a woman who she claims constantly has "back boobs."

And hey, the OP said she wasn't looking for advice.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Mmmm I LOVE walking around my office barefoot

Me too!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Is this the same lady that sent the email out about the missing plates?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    One of the woman's sweaters, that she's worn twice, is THAT big of a bother? To complain about her to HR?

Wow.

Maybe I should hand out xanax over here too.

Could you pass me some? Just reading these threads is stressing me out today and I haven't even commented...

Absolutely. I recommend just 1/2 pill for the perfect blend of inner peace and forum tranquility...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I am more upset that I can't dress down more. My boss is a work-dress and high heels kind of person. We are the only 2 employees in a quiet office. I don't feel the need to dress up everyday when I rarely see a soul, and if I do, they're Realtors and they are usually wearing jeans with cute tops and accessories. I have no issue dressing up for monthly board meetings but the other 29 days a month I wish I could wear jeans and nice tops and shoes.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    WOW! If a sweater and flip flops can upset people, I bet I would have been tarred and feathered.

just dont show up to work tarred and feathered or you will be reported to HR
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't react to this kind of stuff until I see a nipple.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Mmmm I LOVE walking around my office barefoot

Me too!

Me 3! I have my own office and the floors are clean, so it's not dirty to me!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Who gives a **** about the sweater. If I look awesome at 50 I'll be wearing low cut sweaters too!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Does she have bigger/better boobs than you? Is that REALLY what this is about?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    One of the woman's sweaters, that she's worn twice, is THAT big of a bother? To complain about her to HR?

Wow.

Maybe I should hand out xanax over here too.

Could you pass me some? Just reading these threads is stressing me out today and I haven't even commented...

Absolutely. I recommend just 1/2 pill for the perfect blend of inner peace and forum tranquility...

Excellent. Thank you!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Who gives a **** about the sweater. If I look awesome at 50 I'll be wearing low cut sweaters too!!

My boss is also 49, looks 30 and has awesome fake boobs. She shows cleavage and I don't mind it at all. I don't find her attractive to ME but her boobs are nice!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Human Resources - Because there are grown adults who still feel the need to run to mommy and daddy when they don't like something.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm the only woman in an office of men but we've had a woman coming around as a guest-employee recently. She doesn't dress terribly but she always wears rubber flip flops and it drives me bonkers. Thong sandals are great for the beach or other casual settings, but not at the office. And she also will kick them off and walk around the office barefoot. Wtf.

I mean, it's gross. But I'm not going to tattle on her because then I become the office snitch. If it's that big of a problem HR will probably notice and take care of it, KWIM? Also I'm kind of a terrible person in that if someone is going to make an *kitten* of themselves at the office - who am I to stop them. Let them look like a dill hole. Looks bad on them, not you.

I am also in a male dominated industry, so I need to watch what I wear just to avoid awkward moments... And be sure I look appropriate of course too. That being said... I sound like the woman you described above! I wear sandals to work a lot, it's just comfortable. And I have to admit, I'll walk to the kitchen and back with bare feet when there is no one around. I hate shoes.

Keep in mind though, my director walks around with slippers and I knew one co-worker who would wear pajama bottoms to work occasionally. Yeeeahhh... super casual. :P

In regards to the post, I'd suggest bringing her aside the next time she wears the sweater. I often find that my shirts do not appear see-through (if they are) until I step in the sun and see my reflection or something. And I always do the 'check over' before I leave to work.
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options
    I'm the only woman in an office of men but we've had a woman coming around as a guest-employee recently. She doesn't dress terribly but she always wears rubber flip flops and it drives me bonkers. Thong sandals are great for the beach or other casual settings, but not at the office. And she also will kick them off and walk around the office barefoot. Wtf.

Rut roh....I wear chanclas to work almost every day and at times walk around barefoot in my secluded office. Good thing we are very casual here and no clients come in!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Do you ever post anything where you aren't *****ing abt another person?

my.exact.thought.