Inappropriate work attire...*shudder*

Options

Replies

• OhShesaPistol
    OhShesaPistol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't react to this kind of stuff until I see a nipple.

hahaha, dear lord! i had a DON that once ran to a code in Louboutins...and didn't make it in time. BUT I just kinda laughed about it (her looking ridiculous running in them)... I don't care what people wear, until I see a nipple as well ^^
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Why does this bother you? What is her cleavage doing to you that is so upsetting? Are you jealous?
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    The Administrator in the Nursing Home I work in wears short shirts (like waaayyyyyy above the knee) and sometimes even what I would refer to as "hooker boots" ...seems inappropriate for someone in her position to me.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Ha... we had a late 40's receptionist that went braless ALWAYS. (t-shirts, thin blouses, tank tops)
    Drove the women nuts, the guys of course oogled all the time and she new it.
    Now I'm talking mid 40's and had children, it's not that they were nice perkey boobs (not that that would make it better) they hung, like mid 40's, have had children breasts.

We complained about it all the time but the "management" did nothing (men - construction)

Till one day a company we do business with was talking to the owner and he said "You should do something about the girl at the front desk, the guys in my office aruge over who gets to run the prints to your office"

The talked to her that day. (didn't go over well...)

Inappropriate!

i love it when women hate on other women. so awesome!
    and one wonders why women hate themselves, being described as the above just because they - gasp - aged! or hot damn they had a kid! *kitten* they are suddenly so much less attractive and their tits aren't good enough anymore eh?
  • OhShesaPistol
    OhShesaPistol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The Administrator in the Nursing Home I work in wears short shirts (like waaayyyyyy above the knee) and sometimes even what I would refer to as "hooker boots" ...seems inappropriate for someone in her position to me.

I must have once worked where you do!
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Ha... we had a late 40's receptionist that went braless ALWAYS. (t-shirts, thin blouses, tank tops)
    Drove the women nuts, the guys of course oogled all the time and she new it.
    Now I'm talking mid 40's and had children, it's not that they were nice perkey boobs (not that that would make it better) they hung, like mid 40's, have had children breasts.

We complained about it all the time but the "management" did nothing (men - construction)

Till one day a company we do business with was talking to the owner and he said "You should do something about the girl at the front desk, the guys in my office aruge over who gets to run the prints to your office"

The talked to her that day. (didn't go over well...)

Inappropriate!

i love it when women hate on other women. so awesome!
    and one wonders why women hate themselves, being described as the above just because they - gasp - aged! or hot damn they had a kid! *kitten* they are suddenly so much less attractive and their tits aren't good enough anymore eh?

Ha... ya, lets just say she could tuck them in her pocket. and she sometimes wore those big armed tank tops, you know they kind you wear a sport bra under.... but of course, braless.

Think what you like... it was just wrong. Espeically considering they wouldn't let the guy who swept the floor in the shop wear a "bud Light" tee shirt cuz it was inapropriate. so, really ?????

I don't know how old you are, but I do know I am too old to go without a bra in public.

Little dramatic aren't you?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Take a picture of her like its a friendly thing.
    Give her a large print of the picture, like "Wow you look great".
    See what happens.
    (This also works to show people how fat they have gotten without you having to say anything)
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I would advise you to do....nothing.

I agree, unless you are her supervisor
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    She should at the very least wear a cami under that... that is kind of wrong in that environment. Me, I've been accused of it myself, but sadly no matter what cami I wear, I always have some cleavage showing and I hate wearing t-shirts because I feel like if I move, they rise up.
  • hwells828
    Options
    Act like she has spinach in her teeth. Take her aside and say, "Maybe you didn't realize, but that top is totally see through and everyone can see your underwear." Have a tank top or something available so that she has a graceful way to cover up.

Good Advice!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Go to HR.

As an HR professional, I would have to disagree with this statement. If there is a written dress code for the office that she is in direct violation of, that's one thing. Otherwise, there is really nothing you can do. You risk a chance of getting yourself in trouble (with her) by mentioning it to HR or management.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Go to HR.

You dont go to HR because of a sweater..come on people, chill.

Yes thats the worst thing I have ever heard!!!! HR is for little cry babies
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a girl who wore extremely low cut tops..and she had a hairy chest! And yes she was a girl, not a guy in drag *laff*
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    People are such prudes. Its just BOOBZ! I mean.....what the problem is?! ;)
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Go to HR.

As an HR professional, I would have to disagree with this statement. If there is a written dress code for the office that she is in direct violation of, that's one thing. Otherwise, there is really nothing you can do. You risk a chance of getting yourself in trouble (with her) by mentioning it to HR or management.
    Really? So as an HR professional, if someone came to you with a complaint that another employee was dressing inappropriately, you would go to the second person and tell them who complained?
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Go to HR.

The HR girl is the most inappropriately dressed person in my building - flip flops, cutoffs, and lots of shiny glittery jeans. It makes me laugh.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Act like she has spinach in her teeth. Take her aside and say, "Maybe you didn't realize, but that top is totally see through and everyone can see your underwear." Have a tank top or something available so that she has a graceful way to cover up.

I like this one. Maybe she doesn't know her top is see through. I know I've seen friends wearing tops at my house, and then we go into natural light and it's like WOAH! Nice bra!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Go to HR.

Yes. There is a written dress code for this work environment and yes...her outfit is probably in violation of this. The thing is she's an older woman (maybe 50's is under-shooting it...can't really say) and she's friendly...she irks me sometimes but I have nothing against her...so maybe people are hesitant to say anything. I'm sure she doesn't realize it's so revealing.
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It not only makes her look bad, it makes the company look bad. People are very judgemental, especially clients/business partners. If I were in there, making a business deal, and saw that... It wouldn't bode well.

That would be true in my work industry too. I think it would be up to her supervisor (assuming said supervisor sees what's going on too) to handle it diplomatically without causing her embarrassment. Unless she IS the supervisor! ;) haha
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a girl who wore extremely low cut tops..and she had a hairy chest! And yes she was a girl, not a guy in drag *laff*

OH geez...