Sober September anyone?

Options

Replies

• jroselive2012
    Options
    Oh my gosh...I don't know if I can do it. Really. It's a fantastic idea, seeing as how every time I choose to drink, I end up over on calories. =/ I will have to think about it. Maybe it'll be easier to think of as just 4-5 weeks...Not a forever kind of deal...
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in- I will have 4 months no alcohol at the beginning of September
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    No way. I drink 1 night every weekend not willing to give it up for NOTHING!!
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    I'm in, as long as October is Over-indulge-in-alcohol-October ;)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Good Idea..... but not going to happen. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    But wish you the best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'm always sober. Can I join anyway? ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I was going to start a thread asking the same thing. I'm doing on a wine hiatus. No wine in September, to see what happens with my weight and measurements.

I *may* decide to have vodka/club soda at friday work happy hour, but may not.

But, I'll join and say: no wine in september.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I don't drink very often as it is, so I might just accidently join
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Are you drunk right now?

LOL...unfortunately, no.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

But I do enjoy the fact that your profile picture is a dog sh*tting on sh*tsburgh logo.

Why thank you!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Not a chance:)
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My first thought was "great idea!" My second thought was "I have a wedding with a bunch of people I don't know on September 2!" So umm... yeah I will not be participating in this one, but good luck to you ;)

Me too! But it's the 21st. Have fun!
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking that eliminating alcohol would help me lose, but I just can't bring myself to last more than a week without it. How about a compromise... only beer and wine for sept, no booze,
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm also sober for every other month of the year...so it won't really be a big deal for me, but I'm here to support!!
  • PiggySweet
    PiggySweet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i'll join you, but i don't drink in the first place so it doesn't really count...
  • kskalniak
    Options
    I'm in but then I don't drink anyway....just don't like it. And I love watching football! It's not a requirement to drink beer and watch football...you can still have fun without it and I believe you will feel better as well.
  • jejackson1977
    Options
    I'm in. I'm too new to this to be using a bunch of empty calories yet. Plus all the ones you eat while drunk.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Let me think on it!

Ummmm this
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I keep thinking that eliminating alcohol would help me lose, but I just can't bring myself to last more than a week without it. How about a compromise... only beer and wine for sept, no booze,

I like your idea better :drinker: Only because I do drink booze that is one of my biggest down falls but I also drink wine so if I can have wine I will give up the hard liquor
  • Lindseyh714
    Options
    I'm in.... Kind of. Ha I have 2 weddings that I'm going to, but I'm going to try for no alcohol during the week in September. I have a beer or two with dinner almost every night, that's a lot of extra calories. So I'll work to cut those out! Last year i gave up all alcohol for 2 months before a half marathon and it was over st. Patrick's day... A little tough to do, but the time actually flew by