What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• Tapemymouthshutplease
    Options
    Stupid people shouldn't breed, regardless of race.
    I agree this is 2012, get over the race thing already, we all bleed, we all love, we all die. Why can't everyone just shut up and get along?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The only time I care about other people's personal/sexual relationships is when I am involved.

So in other words, who gives a flying squirrel, as long as you are happy and treated with dignity & respect.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    my bff is black, we have an interracial freindship :) lol. i love her to peices and id never change a thing about her. EVER.
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options

this has got to be the best comment of the whole topic

my mum is white european (Polish) and my dad is very dark (Portuguese)
    Only 30 years ago when they got together some family members would not allow them into their homes. its disgusting to think how people treated them and the most ironic part - theyve just celebrated their 31st wedding anniversary and are still very happy, they barely remember how people treated them.

If you are one of the people asking this question, or advocating that it even matters, take a closer look in the mirror and ask yourself why it even matters to you the colour of someones skin.

Disgusted that this is even a topic
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I agree this is 2012, get over the race thing already, we all bleed, we all love, we all die. Why can't everyone just shut up and get along?
    Most of the time, I'd settle for them just shutting-up. It seems that too often, the less intelligent someone is, the more they wish to discuss... everything... constantly.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think that we all forget that our own President (US), is also biracial (good for him!). However, most of the people in this country completely disregards his maternal genes, and only consider the color of his skin.

Yes, we still have problems with mix marriages in the USA. Shame on us!
  • derposaurus
    derposaurus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hmm idunno. What do you think of intergender relationships?
  • JenniferDLP
    JenniferDLP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been in love with my husband for 20 years, and I'm only 31. Our kids are the most beautiful things on earth to us, and are interracial. God bless our Country!
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Everybody's mixed, yall didnt know?!?! :tongue: If you search your blood line far enough, you will see that for yourself. I'm bi-racial, and I LOVE it!!! Best of both worlds!! But it's sad to say that there are still sooooo many ignorant people in this world that are just....shallow. God made us all so who cares what your skin looks like. I'll put it bluntly; your blood is red, you breathe the same air to survive, AND your $h*t stinks just like anybody elses. Any questions?
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    LOVE is an emotion....NOT a color!
  • mamalopez12
    mamalopez12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

define stupid.......
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with it. I've dated white, black, asian, hispanic and so on. My current bf of 6 yrs is mexican and white. My step father is black and him and my mom have been together for 20 yrs. And I got in a fight over someone calling my friend of 30 yrs the N word at the beach recently.

The only time you'll notice anyone has a issue is if your paying to close attention to everyone else. Your worrying what other people think. Ive never notice any looks because I dont give 2 $hits what people think. Dont like it, then dont look.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what interracial relationships have to do with

Bacon.jpg
  • jeslyn2360
    Options
    It's 2012 this should be a non issue.
    I say that even living below the Mason Dixon Line.
    My husband is Asian and I'm white.
    Once you go Asian you never go back.
    You are warned.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I've been in love with my husband for 20 years, and I'm only 31. Our kids are the most beautiful things on earth to us, and are interracial. God bless our Country!
    Neat. Now let's discuss the fact you were "in love with your husband" at age 11, and why I feel like I just witnessed a felony.
  • jaelliott907
    Options
    ^^^^ Hahahaha, that's what my husband said ;) He's white. I'm Asian. We have the most beautiful little girl in the world.

We are an interracial couple and proud! We've never been "called out" about it, but we also don't really care. :)
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Neat. Now let's discuss the fact you were "in love with your husband" at age 11, and why I feel like I just witnessed a felony.

I decided that they are the same age and fell in love in 6th grade and then I went to my cave to avoid thinking anything else.

*Slide*
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If we focused as much on loving one another as we do judging what color someone is then the world might be a much better place. My daughter is in high school and we don't focus on what color her boyfriend is, we focus on what his morals are, his character, and most importantly the way he respects my daughter. If he treats her with respect and respects the person she is and not what she can give him or do to him then it is all good. I would much rather her like someone that might not be of the same race than like someone that is shooting up and high on drugs. True love sees no color. God created all of us equal.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    My husband is Asian and I'm white.
    Once you go Asian you never go back.

I will start off by saying that I do not have an issue with interracial relationships.

That being said, I believe the "once you" type of statements just incite the negative responses that have been discussed in this thread.

If race or color doesn't matter, then why try to promote a particular one? Your statement implies that the race is superior.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    A. How is this even a topic in 2012?
    B. No one is ”pure” anything anymore, we're all blended, and only becoming more so. Get over it.
    C. If it's not your thing, fine, but don't push your preferences on me or anyone else. Who other people love is none of your concern. AT. ALL.