Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I use it everyday
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've had one for years, more for baking than anything else. I'm having a hard time getting into the habit of weighing other foods for calorie-tracking purposes.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I especially use one to weigh chicken or other meats.
  • Cookie_d
    Cookie_d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes all the time, love it... Need to be in control.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome little scale that I bought last year for baking.
    I weigh everything. I measure out my liquids with a measuring jug. It gets me funny looks, the occasional comment that I'm being silly. I don't care too much - I like to know that I'm eating the right portion sizes.
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yup, I weigh e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g

Down to the last gram.

Me TOO!
  • Snupydecat
    Options
    I've been wondering if I should get one. Sounds like a good idea!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just bought one.. and use it all the time now.

I went this whole journey without a food scale... and once I'm pretty much done, then I bought one!
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Love my kitchen scales and my measuring jug (cant forget my measuring jug) I weigh or measure everything didnt realise how bad my portion sizes were until i started doing so definatly helps. Plus you get used to what certain portions of an ingredient looks like so if you am out and about you can pretty much judge
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I always use mine. My protein dealer used to rip me off.....not any more.:glasses:
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I bought mine. Onyx brand, glass top w/ touch sensitive buttons, plus I got it in a lovely shade of Orange to match the kitchen. A bonus - a built in hook to hang it right where I would see it (prep area) so I have NO EXCUSE to not measure what I make.

Now, if the MFP apps would be a little more user friendly on my Kindle so I didn't feel annoyed every time I try to make a recipe - LOL.

But, really - a good scale is a plus. Even though I spent 8 years working in a Meat/Fish dept, I'm really surprised of how much I over / under guess the real amount of items.
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    Ours came today just as well i have been eating more than i should be it'll now be used daily did not think i'd ever use one until i found MFP...
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    I use it, too. I wouldn't know how much I am eating of a certain food without a scale. I weigh everything.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i weigh everything. EVERYTHING!!

i no longer bake using measuring cups. i convert everything to the metric system. instead of measuring out 2 cups of flour, i weigh 250g of flour. just pour in a bowl and weigh. it is more precise and much easier.

i also measure out liquids in milliliters and deciliters. again...much more exact.

it also makes everything much easier because here in europe, nutritional information is based on 100g per serving. everything is divisible by 100. i can't stand how in the US everything is labeled in ounces. so i have to count out 28 potato chips if i want 1 serving. well, what if 1 potato chip is smaller than another? how exact can this really be?
  • dpbg24441
    dpbg24441 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I started weighing, I couldn't believe how many calories were in such small portions of certain foods. Well worth the money.

Wife uses the scales for baking, we've had perfect cakes every time since then - not that I eat any of course ;-)

4564579.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I live with my measuring spoon, cups and scales. the kids know when it comes to dish up time as I shout for a pen and paper to log it all down.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I use mine everyday and my old set of WW serving spoons in 1/2c, 3/4 c and 1 cup measures.

From before using these, to after, I notice that I get much more than I thought. I was way underestimating what 4 oz was.
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure everything!!!

:drinker: :drinker:
  • RoseValle
    Options
    I am using my old weight watchers scale. I had to pull it out and dust it off. :smile:
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i weigh everything. EVERYTHING!!

i no longer bake using measuring cups. i convert everything to the metric system. instead of measuring out 2 cups of flour, i weigh 250g of flour. just pour in a bowl and weigh. it is more precise and much easier.

i also measure out liquids in milliliters and deciliters. again...much more exact.

it also makes everything much easier because here in europe, nutritional information is based on 100g per serving. everything is divisible by 100. i can't stand how in the US everything is labeled in ounces. so i have to count out 28 potato chips if i want 1 serving. well, what if 1 potato chip is smaller than another? how exact can this really be?

Back in the 70's, we were told in school that the U.S. was going to move to the metric system. I don't know what derailed that plan, but I have a feeling it was lobbying by people who make tools and measuring instruments. They get to sell two systems instead of one. Seems to me it would have been very logical to lose the imperial system and move to metric. Nearly every other nation on earth uses the metric system. Makes no sense to keep imperial.