How Long After You Wake Is Your First Meal Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am doing 16:8 IF, so I eat 'breakfast' 16 hours after I eat dinner, so that will be 2.30pm.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I get up between 4:30 - 5 am and don't usually eat until about 9am.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6:30, i'm generally eating breakfast by 8:30. I struggle to get it 1200 cal/day, if I didn't start eating until noon, I never would get close to that 1200 mark, I could probably increase my meals as far as calories, but then I would feel like crap..... still gotta have breakfast though, coffee is always first! :-) I did ready too that you're suppose to eat within an hour of waking up to get your metabolism started....
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry, no matter what meal it is. Period. That said, breakfast usually happens for me around 11am. I'm not a morning person and I'm slow to get going. Don't eat if you're not hungry.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually wake up at 5:30 and arrive at work about 7:30, so it is at least two hours, sometimes 2.5 hours before I eat breakfast.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I eat as soon as I wake up because I am starving! I have tried grazing and eating three big (my big is ~400 calories) a day. At the moment I am liking the three big meals - one at 7:30, one at 12:00 and the last between 5:30-6:30.
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    3:45 - 4:00 am Breakfast
    7:30 Protein shake
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am up at 6 - two coffes before I'm awake enough to deal with the six kids who are here/awake at 7:30.

I usually have breakfast about 9am, when things have slowed down.

Calories don't have watches, so PERSONALLY, I don't think it matters when you eat.
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am up at 6 everyday and pack my breakfast to eat at work, usually between 7:15 and 7:30.

I have one cup of coffee on my way in and snack at 10 am, lunch at 12:30, snack at 3:00 and dinner whenever it is ready between 5:30 - 6:00, a final snack usually around 9. During the week my routine is fairly mundane.

Weekends we usually don't have breakfast until 10, but after I walk in the mornings (weekends only) I have a protein shake.

Since our body's are different and we all eat differently (diet), our body's usually tell us when and how often to eat. I have to eat on a schedule as I am trying to boost my metabolism.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I eat within an hour or 2. Always wake up hungry.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Depends on how soon I am hungry. Sometimes I wake up so hungry I am dizzy and nauseous and can barely make it from thbedroom to th kitchen without falling over.....some mornings I am not hungry when I wake up and go for a walk and shower bfore I eat... It is usually within an hour & a half of waking though
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is very very important...you need to get something in your stomach in the first 60 mins after you wake up. Its essential

Not so. See Intermittent Fasting. I get up at 6:45 am, I break fast at 1 pm. Never been happier or felt better. It's what works for me and a lot of other heavy lifters. :)
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did read online that to boost your metabolism you should eat at regular intervals little and often as well as meals.

I started doing this a few weeks ago i eat every two ours which seemed to be working for me. Starting again this week :) X
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    eat about 2 hours after waking up...

However I drink supplement at 5am... Work out until 6:30 and then shower and eat breakfast..
  • ricosuavee123
    Options
    From WebMd:

Women who ate breakfast regularly tended to eat fewer calories overall during the day. Those men and women who ate breakfast cereal had lower overall fat intake -- compared to those who ate other breakfast foods.

It makes sense: Eating early in the day keeps us from "starvation eating" later on. But it also jump-starts your metabolism, says Elisabetta Politi, RD, MPH, nutrition manager for the Duke Diet & Fitness Center at Duke University Medical School. "When you don't eat breakfast, you're actually fasting for 15 to 20 hours, so you're not producing the enzymes needed to metabolize fat to lose weight."

So yeah, eat breakfast soon after waking to jump start your metabolism. I am always on the run so I grab a breakfast bar or something on my way out the door.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't eat after taking my thyroid meds in the morning, so I don't eat until I get to work which is almost two hours after I wake up (I've got an hour drive). I've been on thyroid meds for about three years now and I can count the times I didn't wait at least 30 minutes to eat on one hand.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    As soon as I wake. Today was around 7:50. I try and not go over 400, but sometimes I have to force myself to eat breakfast because my body doesn't like eating really early. My appetite is usually suppressed that early.
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry early in the morning, and if I try to eat within an hour after waking up it'll usually make me feel sick. I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination! And the times when I've forced myself to eat breakfast early (because breakfast is the most important meal of the day!) I'm ravenous by 9 or 10 in the morning, whereas if I wait to eat breakfast until 9 or 10 am, I can make it until lunch without being hungry, and I wouldn't have been hungry before breakfast either. So I find it works better for me not to eat breakfast before 9am.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It depends on how busy I am and when I actually feel hungry.
  • NickiRae04
    NickiRae04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wake up @ 6:30am I have a protein shake at 7am and eat a scrambled egg sandwich @ 8:30am..