Has anyone tried the 3-day diet with success?

Options
dsylam1982
dsylam1982 Posts: 50 Member
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried the 3-day diet with any success. I have a friend who is doing it and has been losing weight, but I wanted to see if anyone has seen any really drastic results from trying it. Please share if so!!! Here is the link if you dont know what it is......http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet.

3 DAY DIET

DAY 1:

Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea

Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea

Dinner--2 Slices of any type meat (About 3 ounces) 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!

Tip to Try: Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast

Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods. salt and pepper may be used, but do not use any other seasoning. diet is to be used three days at a time.

In three days you should lose 10 pounds. After three days of dieting, you can eat your normal foods, but do not over do it. After four days of normal eating, you may start back on the three day diet. You can lose up to 40 pounds in a month if this diet is followed precisely.

This is a safe diet.

REMEMBER: Do not eat/snack between any of the meals!

NOTE: Coffee or tea for the first two meals of Day 1 only. Water only from then on. Water intake is unlimited.

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
  • sassi5
    sassi5 Posts: 49
    Options
    No. But it doesnt sound bad.
  • mnbacon
    mnbacon Posts: 9
    Options
    Hmm... Sounds interesting.
  • CLDKess
    CLDKess Posts: 40
    Options
    Sounds like BS...Ice cream & hot dogs?????
  • wheelinqueen
    wheelinqueen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bad fad diet. I would be STARVING with a menu like this.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the link you posted, seems like there might actually be something to this diet. I think I will try it. Might start tomorrow, I will update you if it's successful.
  • nyjocool
    nyjocool Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have done this a few times. It works. You will be hungry, especially if you are used to eating a lot more. You are supposed to lose 10 pounds in three days, I always lost 7-8 pounds in three days without exercising. The chemical composition and reduced carbs are what make it work.

I always went off the diet the rest of the week and pigged out and gained back most, if not all the weight lost in a few days. I have not tried doing this and then sticking to a healthy diet the rest of the week. I'm curious to try it that way.

This is good if you are going to a wedding or party and need to lose weight quickly. I have known people to do this every week, watching what they ate the other 4 days of the week and have lost 30 pounds in a month and kept it off.
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    I did it years ago. Lost 7-10 llbs then put it back on (and some) really quickly. I think it's only for the really obese who can do it for months until they reach a regular diet zone=
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Basically - from what I've read (I have not counted it out myself) it's a strick Calorie reduction diet. Day 1 gives you between 1000-1100 calories. Day 2 & 3 I think are closer to 800. Of course on that kind of deprevation diet you'll lose - but you'll be in starvation mode, and not surprisingly anything you eat in the days following will quickly make you gain it all back. If you are already on a low cal diet (1200-1500 calories) it will not be as "effective" as it would be for someone that is eating 2000 calories a day.

I seriously thought about it a few months back - but it's not worth hurting my metabolism like that. Frankly, my weightloss is a sustainable lifestyle change - there is nothing sustainable about less than 1200 calories a day (for me). Plus I love having the energy to work out!!
  • msmotivated86
    msmotivated86 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've tried this diet before and yes you will lose weight (very quick). I think I had lost 9 lbs in 3 days but I was STARVING!!! and then I would get hungry headaches. Yea the icecream sounds good but I don't think it's worth it. I'm losing weight consistently by couting calories and exercise and I still eat whatever I want. This includes breads, pastas, pizza, french fries, etc. Everything is in moderation. Also, after I stopped the diet, I gained it all back. In my opinion, the best route to go is a "lifestyle change" vs a diet.
  • Chickie0999
    Options
    This diet was a BIG THING when I was a child (some 25 years ago)....

I was actually thinking about it a few days ago... and today I'm thinking that it's ridiculous to have people eat weiners in a diet... such a bad food to have.

I think a regular diet of green veggies, lean meat, yogourt, fruit, etc. will do the trick! :)
  • Cappa124
    Cappa124 Posts: 131
    Options
    Bump... :)
  • jigglewiggles
    Options

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

I'm a little confused. Are you supposed to eat the cottage cheese for lunch on day 2 and the other items listed; or do you choose either the cottage cheese or the other items listed?
  • alison0511
    Options
    I've done this diet several times over the years, and I have NEVER lost 10 pounds in one go, that's for sure (nor am I sure I would necessarily want to in 3 days.. that seems like a lot for such a short time). You probably could get 10 pounds down if you are severely obese and have a lot to lose, but I was nowhere close to that even at 65 pounds overweight.

Most recently, I did it back in May right before I started MFP and lost 6 pounds, then put 2 back on fairly quickly. Then I just tried it again last week, and only lost just under 3 pounds... but that's because I've been on a 1200/day calorie diet for the last 3 months, so it wasn't nearly as drastic of a change as how I was eating before May. And I was under on my calories for all 3 days, especially day 1 and 3. 2 was pretty close to normal. I didn't exercise at all during it, because I didn't feel like I was intaking enough calories to fuel it.

I have never been able to stick to doing it multiple times after 4 days off etc... because I get sick of the flavorless menu, and it's hard for me to get through once. I much prefer losing weight gradually with managing my calories in MFP and being able to not feel so deprived by a strict menu.

And I also find it hard to believe that you would be losing all fat pounds from this diet (chemical combinations or not), and more likely think that it is primarily water-weight lost that is making the scale drop (which is also why it's not hard to put it back on after).

All in all, I would say to just be careful with low-calorie diets in general. But if it's something you wanna try, I personally use it from time to time as kind of a 3-day cleanse, which usually gets me back on track with portion-control and healthy eating when my junk food/sweet tooth habits are acting up. It gets me to eat simply and drink lots of water for 3 days, and then by the 4th day, I'm not craving all the bad stuff so much, and I don't wanna go binge just because it's over and undo anything good I may have done during the 3-days of putting up with a menu I don't like. :smile: Good luck to you!
  • owski17
    owski17 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My friend also thought about trying this...until we sat down and figured out the calories!! I would suggest not trying this...and any diet that calls for hot dogs i would personally avoid lol
  • jigglewiggles
    Options
    I just finished day 2 dinner. Yes the calories are very low, yesterday I had only 1071 calories. It's hard for me to stick to 1200, so this is a bit of a challenge, plus the no snacking is kicking my butt. I only have one more day of this torture left, lol. I will keep you updated with my results.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I always went off the diet the rest of the week and pigged out and gained back most, if not all the weight lost in a few days.
  • Camian1759
    Options
    I would like to know your turn out!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Lost 7-10 llbs then put it back on (and some) really quickly.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Most recently, I did it back in May right before I started MFP and lost 6 pounds, then put 2 back on fairly quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!