Ripped in 30 - Month of August - Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 tomorrow. Week 2 sucked majorly. My least favorite week of either 30DS or RI30 so far...
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I started Ripped in 30 yesterday!! I'll send you a friend request and others can do the same! AWESOME!!! I'm hoping this will make my abdomen decrease in size, which it hasn't yet after 2 1/2 months!
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been missing in action lately. This pain just won't let up, but I've decided that you are all putting me to shame since I started this thread so I aint slackin' no more! :)

SO I started back at Day 1 again. I may need to change things up a bit with the ab work which is annoying but I just cant do it with this pain under my rib.

Wondering...when I did day 1 today my knees didn't feel good at all. They started hurting in the first week of Ripped and have hurt every day since, even during my break! Anyone else having knee problems?
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been missing in action lately. This pain just won't let up, but I've decided that you are all putting me to shame since I started this thread so I aint slackin' no more! :)

SO I started back at Day 1 again. I may need to change things up a bit with the ab work which is annoying but I just cant do it with this pain under my rib.

Wondering...when I did day 1 today my knees didn't feel good at all. They started hurting in the first week of Ripped and have hurt every day since, even during my break! Anyone else having knee problems?

Yes since starting RI30 my knees have been bothering me. Well its actually right above my knee. The muscles get so sore and hurt for the rest of the day. I think its from all the squats and lunges. In time it gets better though.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of week 3 done, can't wait to finish it!!

Does anyone else find it hard to get their form right on the lunges? Jillian and the girls go so low with the back leg, and she keep saying an inch off the floor but I can't even get to 5 inches off the floor! :laugh:
  • sumirehana
    Options
    I'm still in week 1, but even so, I can't go as deep into the lunges. I guess if we try to go the lowest we can, that's okay :D
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on ripped in 30. I am on week 2. Had to take a break I had TOM and it was awful this month. Still feeling TOM but not as excruciating. Well back on it.
  • paulaviki
    Options
    I had to have a day off ripped today, my left bicep is too sore for those moves. But I did the first 2 workouts from kickboxing fastfix instead.

Really struggling with week 3 and I only need to do it 3 more times!!
  • Bookie
    Bookie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I finished week 2, day 3 today. I loved week 1, but the first two days of week 2 were rough. I was really not looking forward to day 3 (at 5:30 this morning :/), BUT I powered through and felt much better throughout the workout and afterwards than I did the first two days!

I saw a couple of people post about knee pain. The outside of one of knees has been hurting. It started around the time I started Ripped in 30, not sure if it from this workout or something I did while I was running.

Everyone keep up the good work :smile:
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    I had to have a day off ripped today, my left bicep is too sore for those moves. But I did the first 2 workouts from kickboxing fastfix instead.

If i did it 7 days a week i'd be dying! I only do it 5 days a week and my body still hurts on the rest days! I took a few days off because my knees were bothering me and i had shin splints. Start week 4 day 1 tomorrow!!! Scared!!
  • paulaviki
    Options

If i did it 7 days a week i'd be dying! I only do it 5 days a week and my body still hurts on the rest days! I took a few days off because my knees were bothering me and i had shin splints. Start week 4 day 1 tomorrow!!! Scared!!

I normally have 1 day off a week but I'm trying to do each week 7 times until I move on. Hopefully I'll get back on it tomorrow!
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options

I normally have 1 day off a week but I'm trying to do each week 7 times until I move on. Hopefully I'll get back on it tomorrow!

Gotcha! Thats awesome! Its just hard for me! I jsut finished week 4 day 1 and my knees and wrists are killing me! I dont think its as bad as week 3 but im hurting! Good luck!
  • paulaviki
    Options
    Day 5 of week 3 done. I hate it, I'm so tempted to move on to week 4 for a change as I am starting to not want to do it and I'm worried I might start quitting! Eeek.
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    Day 5 of week 3 done. I hate it, I'm so tempted to move on to week 4 for a change as I am starting to not want to do it and I'm worried I might start quitting! Eeek.

I'm with you on that one! After how much my knees and wrists hurt last night i wanted to give up on RI30. I made adjustments during some of the moves but i hate doing that because i feel like im not getting the full workout. So now i need to decide if i can continue week 4 with adjustments or if its going to continue to hurt my wrists and knees! I hate quitting and i really dont want to quit when im on the final week but its not worth hurting myself either. Ugh! I guess ill have to give it another go and see if it hurts as bad as day 1! I only did each week for 5 days because i was done with the routine after the 5th workout! I didnt realize how out of shape i was until doing this dvd! If your bored or just sick of week 3 move up to week 4! Just be careful because the moves are tough! Good luck!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Its 8:30 at night and I have to do week 2 day 2. Not excited to get my booty up but I know I'll feel better afterwards. definitely afterwards cause I was so out of breath yesterday during high knees. Jillian micheals kicks my butt
  • paulaviki
    Options
    I did week 4 today as I just couldn't face anymore week 3 and I much preferred it! Still tough but I like the moves in this section better. Phew.
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    I did week 4 today as I just couldn't face anymore week 3 and I much preferred it! Still tough but I like the moves in this section better. Phew.

Thats good! Im glad you liked it! Did it bother your knees or wrists at all? Ive been slacking this week bad! Only did it once this week! I started back at college full time on monday and have had alot of homework already so the exercise gets put on the back burner! I will finish my last 4 days of Ri30 though! Im determined!
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    Its 8:30 at night and I have to do week 2 day 2. Not excited to get my booty up but I know I'll feel better afterwards. definitely afterwards cause I was so out of breath yesterday during high knees. Jillian micheals kicks my butt

I know what you mean! Shes kicked my butt since i started! Its one of those love/hate relationships! I hate her during the workouts when im dying and love her when im done and see results! Good luck! Week 2 is definately way better then week 3!! Week 3 was brutal!
  • RobinBassani
    RobinBassani Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I don't post much but I thought I would give an update on my progress. I have been doing RI30 for 2 weeks now. I only do it 3 x a week so I was on week 1 for 2 weeks I just started week 2 a couple of days ago. I do other things in between but I have still seen good results. Since Aug 13th I have lost 6.5 lbs. I have lost 1.25 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my hips and ribs. A 1/4 inch off of my arms and neck. Nothing yet on my legs(darn where I need to lose the most). But I feel like I am making great progress. I don't have knee or wrist pain like some of the others just sore muscles after the work out.

Best wishes to all and wishing you all great results!
  • paulaviki
    Options
    Wow great results!

Day 2 of week 4 done today. I quite like week 4!!