Girls who are 5"8, be kind to read this post

Options
Hey

I am 174cm or 5"8 tall. My current weight is 67kg (147lbs) and my goal weight is 61kg (134lbs).

I am very interested to know your details too so I can get a little perspective and inspiration

Ps let me know if I may add you as well, my support system is very small at the moment :embarassed:

Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and ashamed to say Im currently at 192
    My goal is about 142
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and ashamed to say Im currently at 192
    My goal is about 142

There is nothing to be ashamed of dear, :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much for your insight :embarassed:
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 so a smidge taller than you but at the moment I am 204lbs and I hope to be 161lbs (which I know is more than your current weight)

At the moment in clothes I'm probably a 14-16 (UK sizes) and I hope to be a 10-12 when I get down to my goal weight although I may still have to be a 14 in some trousers as I have a big bum!
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'9 so a smidge taller than you but at the moment I am 204lbs and I hope to be 161lbs (which I know is more than your current weight)

At the moment in clothes I'm probably a 14-16 (UK sizes) and I hope to be a 10-12 when I get down to my goal weight although I may still have to be a 14 in some trousers as I have a big bum!

Good luck I hope you make it :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hey

I am 174cm or 5"8 tall. My current weight is 67kg (147lbs) and my goal weight is 61kg (134lbs).

I am very interested to know your details too so I can get a little perspective and inspiration

Ps let me know if I may add you as well, my support system is very small at the moment :embarassed:

I'm 5'8 and I think I weight about 140 lb right now (haven't weighed in six weeks), but my goal is about 133 to 134 lb, but mostly to lower my body fat, not to be "skinny fat". Might not make it with the increase in muscle.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'8 and was at 155 when I started over a year ago I got to my goal weight last September of 126lb and have been maintaining since then I currently am at 132lb and tend to go up and down alot (!!) but I am very happy with my weight and found and still find MFP a god send. I tend now to be very good during the week and no so good and the weekend :laugh: but I think it balances out. Feel free to add me if you like best of luck on your journey
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'8". I started MFP the beginning of August at 160. Have lost 6 pounds but none for the last week. The dreaded plateau, it seems. I'm aiming for 145 but really would be happy with 150. I've just switched my goal to 0.5 pounds per week and am eating a little more, per the forum wisdom on this site. I'm really not in any hurry, so I'm happy to just keep working the program.
  • LetsDoTh1S
    LetsDoTh1S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and this morning weighed in at 137.4. They say to estimate 5 lbs more per inch. Soooo, I'd say, for myself, I'm onnthe leaner side but toned (with some fat to lose on my thighs.)

Current bodyfat % is probably between 16-19%.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8".. started this journey in January at 187lb and am currently 147. My goal is to hang around at 145, though that is really just a number because right now I am happy with how I look, the energy I have and the way my clothes fit. I was a smallish 12 (U.S.) and now am a true to largish 8 (U.S.) depending on the manufacturer. I don't know my body fat and look forward to incorporating more resistance work to tone/define myself.
  • Annabel89
    Annabel89 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' too...so a little bit taller. I currently weigh 141lbs..my goal weight is around 130. I think I'll aim for that and reassess. I'm not looking to lose all that much, but just to be mindful of what I'm eating. I've put on half a stone in the last year, and half a stone the year before that. Not much, admittedly, but I don't want to put on anymore.

Feel free to add me :)
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    Hey

I'm 5'8 and I think I weight about 140 lb right now (haven't weighed in six weeks), but my goal is about 133 to 134 lb, but mostly to lower my body fat, not to be "skinny fat". Might not make it with the increase in muscle.

Thank you, we have the same goal weight the :bigsmile:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    Hi I am 5'8 and was at 155 when I started over a year ago I got to my goal weight last September of 126lb and have been maintaining since then I currently am at 132lb and tend to go up and down alot (!!) but I am very happy with my weight and found and still find MFP a god send. I tend now to be very good during the week and no so good and the weekend :laugh: but I think it balances out. Feel free to add me if you like best of luck on your journey

I like how you think. I only use my goal weight as a guideline because i also value my satisfaction with how my body looks more than the actual number on the scale. Well done maintaining your weight :flowerforyou:
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 started at 178, currently at 143. My trainer set a goal of 132 for me. My smallest was 123 and on my frame looked sickly. Feel free to add me:)
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm 5'9" (so slightly taller) and when I started on MFP, I was 143 lbs. I got down last year to 135 (while training for a marathon), BUT, since then I've started going to boot camp three times a week (in addition to my marathon training), and now I'm back up to 140...Here's another BUT....BUT, even though I'm back up to 140, it looks WAY better on me than the 135 did, because I'm getting more and more toned all of the time, and I'm no longer "skinny"!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my current weight is 133, I was 174 December of 2011. Most clothes Iwear now are a USA size 8 , although the jean brand NYDJ I just bought a size 6. My goal is to maintain my weight between 125 and 135. I am increasing my activity from walking (2-3 10-20 minute walk breaks a day) and 10 minutes of yoga to 30 minutes of Barre 3 and getting back into 5k training mode. (I live in Houston, TX, and really can't handle running in the heat in summers) I am a big fan of wearing a pedometer or fit bit or Nike Fuel Band to make sure I keep increasing my steps/activity every day.

I eat a low fat, high protein diet with non starchy vegetables, oat bran, greek yogurt, with an apple, banana and avocado thrown in. I pretty much follow the Cruise phase of the dukan diet with the addition of fruit and avocados. I don't do protein shakes.

For the record, based on my wrist, and other measurements, my doctor has declared me a "small frame". I am working hard to increase endurance, strengthen my core, and not be "skinny fat"
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    hi im 174.5cm and i weigh about 140lb at the min i got down to 135 but it didnt look good on me as i lose most weight from upper body so looked too thin i also seem to hold my weight really well i have a small frame so i wear a uk size 6/8 top and size 8 bottoms. im now happier just wish my thighs where smaller!
    im doing insanity at the min to just tone the rest of me up got 6 weeks to tone before my wedding!

good luck!
  • srowe2
    srowe2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", so a little taller. I am 225lb, working to get down to 145-160. Then I will re-access how my body looks and set a new goal. wearing 16 jeans, hoping to at least get down to a 12 or maybe even out of double digits.
  • mefit87
    mefit87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi There!
    I'm always interested in knowing what other girls my height aim for as a goal weight too :)
    I'm 5'9'' and currently 182lbs. My ultimate goal is 140lbs. I think weight is proportioned differently on every single individual because we're all so unique. What may look good on one person may look too thin/heavy for another. So it's always best to tweek the goal as you go along.
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'8". I started MFP the beginning of August at 160. Have lost 6 pounds but none for the last week. The dreaded plateau, it seems. I'm aiming for 145 but really would be happy with 150. I've just switched my goal to 0.5 pounds per week and am eating a little more, per the forum wisdom on this site. I'm really not in any hurry, so I'm happy to just keep working the program.

Plataeus sucks big time! I hope you get out of it soon enough so you can continue your weightloss journey :flowerforyou:
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I'm 5'8 started at 178, currently at 143. My trainer set a goal of 132 for me. My smallest was 123 and on my frame looked sickly. Feel free to add me:)

123 does sound underweight :S so hopefully you will look lovely at 132 :D

Thanks for feedback :flowerforyou: