COFFEE DRINKERS ADVICE NEEDED!

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I prefer SUGAR FREE creamers to non-fat because sugar is one thing I try to stay away from. I use 1-2 Tbsp per cup (30cal/Tbsp) and I use ONE Splenda... sometimes half. I drink 1-2 cups a coffee on a normal day... 4 if I'm having a bad day :)
    Try sugar free... I think you'll like it better :)
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am drinking my daily cup of coffee right now as I send this to you :drinker: . I used to use sugar and then I began using regular Splenda and that cut down on my sugar intake. However, as far as creamers go, I use International Delight York Peppermint Patty flavor. My "cup" of coffee is actually equivalent to 2.5 cups :blushing: (I really like coffee). So, with the size of my cup, the Splenda and the creamer, my total cal count for coffee is about 75 each day. I don't eat breakfast per se, I drink a protein shake and sometimes have a boiled egg depending on which shake I drink (some are not as filling than others). Not having a "food" meal helps with the calories I have for breakfast.

I say enjoy your coffee! It makes my day and sometimes the days of others (if you know what I mean). Of course cut down on the sugar which can be done if you choose a creamer that may be kind of sweet. I hope this helps and that you find that perfect cup of coffee. Cheers! :drinker:
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    First - I LOVE MY COFFEE and will fight someone like an animal in the street if they take it from me :mad: :laugh:

Same here!!!! But, I wasn't always that way. I first started drinking coffee in college as a way to help me stay up to study. I used to add a ton of cream and sugar, it barely resembled coffee. Now, no sugar and 1 TBSP Nescafe Italian Sweet Cream per cup (I usually drink 2 cups every day). Totatally worth the calories.
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I started trying to change my lifestyle in general some years ago, that was the one thing I was not going to give up, even on those low-carb diets, and now that I am using this site to track my calories I have still decided that was one indulgence that I was not going to give up.

I use 1 tablespoon half and half and 1 tablespoon of FF french vanilla creamer in about 8-10 ounces of coffee X 2 cups per day usually. Sometimes I'll even use a packet of Splenda split between the 2 cups.

To me, it's only 90 calories and I can do without something else to make up the difference. Great question though :)
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    unsweetened vanilla almond milk (30 calories per cup) i use 1/4 cup with a medium black dunkin donuts iced coffee and stevia (natural 0 calorie sweetener) and some cinnamon! so so so good, i drink it every morning and its only 11 cals!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This is such a long thread...so nice and short....

I use 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 cup REGULAR milk. The regular milk helps my coffee taste good while the almond milk helps me lower the amount of calories. For sugar I use nustevia because it tastes good.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'll add to this.. I drink 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day. (Cut way down from drinking it all day at work) At home, I use the Coffee Mate Sugar Free Vanilla creamer. At work, usually just black. At home we also like the Sugar Free Coffee Mates more than the Fat Free..
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i drink soo much coffee! i used to drink it with cream and regular sugar, imagine? omg! then i started with fat free milk and splenda then truvia and eventually black. i love black coffee, coffee with anything in it grosses me out now. i weaned myself off of the additives slowly, it can be done! and i love my coffee!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I use HEB brand creamer 10 calories per serving and I use Ideal for my sweetener when I use a sweetener but I no longer use sweetener in my coffee.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I have tried every artificial sweetener out there. No go in hot drinks. I love my coffee black or with some heavy cream - Mmmm...steamed half n half in a cafe breve. Enjoy a TBSP of heavy cream. It will not hurt you. Even if you are in the middle of an intermittent fast a TBS of cream will not destroy the beneficial effects of that fast.
  • yasminhancey1982
    yasminhancey1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have just switched from tea to coffee, i use soya milk as I can not drink cows milk and use one teaspoon of honey It usually get a sweet kick out of it. but Ii only drink 3 cups a day the rest would be water. x
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i have gotten myself from lots of cream and sugar to just black for 2 calories. When I have some extra calories to give up as a treat I drink it the old way :)
  • michelle2482
    michelle2482 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am an avid coffee drinker as well. Can't go a day without my Nespresso in the morning! I also cut out sugar. At first I thought I couldn't drink it w/o then slowly I got used to it and now I even enjoy it! I drink my coffee with a 1/3 cup of 1% milk. I find that it gives me a great "latte" flavor without the fat of cream.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I love coffee too. I had to learn to love it sans creamer. I take it black with liquid stevia in it. I will often use flavored coffee like hazlenut or mudslide or Kahlua in order to give it a little something. This way the coffee is only like 4 cals. I have a Kuerig and I LOVE it more than my dog sometimes...lol