Girls who are 5"8, be kind to read this post

Options

Replies

• MaryUdofia1
    MaryUdofia1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am also 5'8 and i am currently at 76kg and i want to reach 56kg because that's the average weight for my age
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and started at 166. I am very small boned. I am currently ate 120. I will also be 62 in November.:flowerforyou: You can add me as a friend also!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have read everybodys feedback and I am thankfull to you all :flowerforyou:

You have defenetly provided me with the perspective I needed.

All the best to all of you :bigsmile:
  • HealthyNurseK
    HealthyNurseK Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weighed in at 185 this morning. My heaviest was 216 (about 10 years ago) and this year I started out at 206. I wear a size 12 and eat about 1650 - 1700 calories a day. I try to work out 3-4 times a week (cardio and strength) and I have a fairly physical job as a nursing assistant so luckily that keeps me moving. I love doing Jillian Michaels DVDs, though haven't been doing them recently. I would like to start up again.

My goal is 160-165, based on discussions with my doctor about my frame size and the fact that I have a lot of muscle mass (just seems to be how I'm built!). I've never weighed that in my adult life, the lowest I've gotten is 170 but I am so much stronger now.

This thread is fascinating to me as I love seeing that not everyone is the same, even if we're all the same height. There are so many variables that we can all need different weights to look and feel good!

You can definitely add me too! I love having accountability with people who post daily and to offer support as needed.

Good luck!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 135.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"...I started at 260 and now at 216 and current goal is 170. I only picked 170 since that would put my BMI under the overweight category (still technically in the obese range on that). I guess once I hit 170 I will re-evaluate and see what I really want. For now I just know it took me 6 1/2 months to get halfway to my goal, so I am guessing it will take about 9 more months to get all the way there so I've got lots of time to consider what my final goal will be.
  • allirep
    allirep Posts: 26
    Options
    I am 5'8", the goal I set for myself when starting in February 2012 was 150. I started at 239 and as of this morning am at 176. According to my doctor, I should aim for approx. 23% body fat which based on my lean muscle mass and skeletal mass would put me at 155. However, I have weighed 150 in the past and still felt a little "chubby." So, we shall see. Also, he mentioned that if women drop below 23% body fat, their weight becomes very difficult to maintain and often requires excessive time spent in the gym. Which I definitely do not have to spare with 3 kids...

i understand i am not a doctor and i do not know your body type - so i may be wrong. that being said - i raise an eyebrow at what your doctor said. you don't have to spend hours in a gym to get lean. i have been a gym rat before - but i am taking a different approach now. if you want to tone (get rid of the chub) and still make time for your family - i know i do (2 kids) - there are plenty of activities you can do with them that would also count as strength training. quick example - i do sets of push ups and squats while i play badminton with my daughter. we go to the park and make up adventures (which will involve interval squats and climbing and pull ups and fun stuff). its not about how many bicep curls you complete. its about being active and smart with your intake. i am just worried you will sell yourself short. if you want to be toned but you want to give your time to your children - you can absolutely get there.
  • TigerLily1973
    Options
    we have just about the exact same stats/goal! I started at 148 (I am currently 146) and my goal is 133 :) I know I am in a "healthy" weight range now, and my BMI is also good, but I just think I would feel and look better if I get down to at least 135, which would lower my BMI as well. I will still be in healthy weight range andhave a good BMI, but I will just be a little more towards the "lower" end of it versus the "higher" end, like I am now. Besides, technically I am just under 5'8", more like 5'7 3/4"Good luck to you! I am hoping to lose my 15 pounds by about Dec. 1 (or a little sooner would be nice!!)
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently 153/154 lbs. I'm aiming for 140 lbs and have been for a long time but it all seems to go pear-shaped once I get to about 145lbs. So I think I'll work towards 147 lbs and then just try to maintain and continue to up my weights. Feel free to add me if you want some motivation
  • higgins1988
    Options
    Hello all :D

I'm 5ft8" and currently roughly 147lb... i'm looking to get down to 140 initially and anything under that will be a bonus!

I started at around 158 so have already lost some...

please add me, i need more motivation!!

xx
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am 5'8. I have gone down to 132 and that was where I was the happiest. Now I am at 145 and working on getting down. You can add me
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    we have just about the exact same stats/goal! I started at 148 (I am currently 146) and my goal is 133 :) I know I am in a "healthy" weight range now, and my BMI is also good, but I just think I would feel and look better if I get down to at least 135, which would lower my BMI as well. I will still be in healthy weight range andhave a good BMI, but I will just be a little more towards the "lower" end of it versus the "higher" end, like I am now. Besides, technically I am just under 5'8", more like 5'7 3/4"Good luck to you! I am hoping to lose my 15 pounds by about Dec. 1 (or a little sooner would be nice!!)

Finally someone who understands me :bigsmile:
    I think exactly like that. Because although we have a healthy bmi we could still lose some excess pounds, be lighter, more confident and STILL be as healthy as ever with a healthy bmi too :D Im adding you!!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Height 5' 8''
    SW 215.2 (Aug 2010)
    CW 159.5 (Jan 2012)
    GW 140/ whatever feels right.
    Starting (Aug 2010): Current (Jan 2012):
    Chest 45''.....................................38''
    Waist 45.5''..................................37''
    (at belly button)
    Hip 45''.........................................38''
    Size
    Pants 18.......................................8/10
    (US)
    Shirt XXL.......................................M or S
    BMI 32.7.......................................24.2

thanks for posting your request. i love looking at how df we all are!
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    This has proven to be a great success :bigsmile:
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" as well, currently ~143 pounds down from 194 last nov. Still got a little way to go, I'm aiming for 135 pounds, but I care more about appearance than numbers. Trying to get down to maybe ~18% BF. Add me if you feel like. :flowerforyou:
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 1/2" currently 217. Not sure my final goal as I want to see how it looks when I get there, but aiming for 140.
  • Kellyh01
    Kellyh01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" tall. At my heaviest I was 198. I'm currently 156. My goal is 145.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    We have close goals. I am 5'7. I am 145 pounds and my goal weight is 135.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" &3/4 started 256, current 189 size 12, goal 146 I think, but won't know until I get closer.
  • Lumphome
    Lumphome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9''-ish and started at 152lbs. I don't really have a goal weight, I just felt like my weight was starting to creep up and I didn't like it. I looked back at a picture taken in 2003-4 and I remember that then, in my mid-twenties, I felt overweight yet looked like I might snap (I then weighed around 125-130lbs). I wouldn't like to be that small again (then wearing around UK 10). I'd like to be stronger with a lower body fat %. I don't know what mine is at the moment, but it isn't low. I'm currently 145lbs.