what diet plan are you following?

Options
124»

Replies

• capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I follow a modified diet plan I found in Mens Health magzine. I've got gastro-intestinal issues, too much sugar or too much fiber cause me great distress and pain. I aim for 1800 cal/day, 100g protein, and 18g fiber. Any more fiber than that and I'm in trouble. It's taken 3 years to figure that number out. Excercise at least 4 time a week, including one "long excercise" session one weekend morning where I go for at least 2 hours, either a long hike or long bike ride.

Now if only I could keep my beer consuption down...
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Watch my calories, intermittent fasting lifestyle :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    the eat what I want and stay within my cal's diet plan.... so far so good :bigsmile:

This plus adding in some exercise 5/6 days a week. Nothing over the top.
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    I' ve cut carbs down to the point where I no longer have any sort of cravings to battle against. I eat everything and anything I want, so long as it has very few to no carbs. Lots of vegetables, lean and fatty meat and healthy oils. I use MFP just to keep track and make sure I actually eat ENOUGH food. I find I'm almost always eating below my calorie goal. Friend me and check out my diary if you want to know more.

Edit: Oh, and I exercise ~6 days a week, including 3 at the gym
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm on "The Lifetime" diet.

Eat within your TDEE, do some weight lifting, maybe a bit of cardio, treat yourself once in a while and enjoy life. The good thing is, it lasts a life time.
    Yep me too! I don't refer to it as a diet anymore. When people aske me what in training for I respond with "life"!
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    I’m on the Dukan diet and exercise at least twice a week. I started to watch my calories at the same time because I want to understand the value of food and better balance my diet once I’ve finished with this diet.

Loosing the weight is not a problem, it’s keeping it off and not putting back on twice as much after you’re finished.
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Low Gi plan. Strongly advised by my doctor. It has helped me change to wholemeal and I love it! I'm only at the beginning and had some success. Ultimately it has helped me choose the right food choices and helped my macros too :)
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You are doing the best plan of all. :bigsmile: Eat healthy, low fat foods and exercise. Keep your calories to around 1200 a day. You will be amazing. :bigsmile:

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:

Keep your calories around what MFP tells you. You may need more than 1200, I know I do. They decrease as you decrease.

To find out what numbers you should be following try this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Depending on where you are weight wise now and your goals you might need a lot more than 1200 cals/day - Im usally 1600-1800 and might even bump it up a bit more after this weeks weigh in - I'll adjust as needed as the weight comes off - eventually I'll be at maintaining and about 1200 cals/day then

I dont call it a diet - 99% of diets fail and I AM going to succeed - for me it's a lifestyle change!