Where are all the moms? Come...introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is joy I am 41 I have 3 kids Marcus 16 and twins piers and Lydia aged 8. Marcus was a normal delivery although pushing forever he was 9lb7 piers and Lydia were normal and vaginal breech delivery really easy no pain relief. We are not having anymore the boys are autistic and piers also has ADHD we have enough I am also 41 so a bit past it. I love them dearly but it is hard work. I work full time as a midwife mainly nights. I workout 6 times a week combo of weight lifting and running. It keeps me sane. Feel free to add me.
  • LetiMarie_864
    LetiMarie_864 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Leticia. I'm a 27 Married Mother of 3!:)

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? I have 3 children. 8, 4 & 1

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids? Maybe. Still a little undecided.

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? All three pregnancy were great. Just had to have an emergency c-section for my 3rd.Didn't gain much weight but the minimum 25lb. Which came right off once I delivered;)

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? I fit it in when ever possible. Mostly when my 1yr old is napping when I workout at home or I just go to the gym and take advantage of daycare. The gym & working out is my me time!

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? To live a long healthy life for my children!:)
  • mamafish2313
    Options
    3 Boys: Zane -10, Rolly-6, Ryder-4
    All 3 c -sections.
    Would love to have another but Dr. Said no more-too much for my body. :(
    I work out in the morning and make it priority. I run on Saturday and take a rest day on Sunday. I want to be fit because I like to work out, I like to eat healthy, and because I know that being healthy can prolong life. With 3 boys I want to be around to be an awesome granny. Every once in a while one of my boys will do a workout, or part of it with me. I want them to know they have to healthy and TRY in life to reach their goals. I want to be an example for them.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Hi, guys! :)

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    I have an 11 year old daughter.

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future?
    Not sure yet. I want another one, but, at the same time, I'm not sure how I feel about starting over when my daughter is so old now lol.

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery?
    Pregnancy wasn't so great. I had severe morning sickness the first two trimesters, and GD the third trimester. My daughter tested positive for spina bifida too. Delivery, on the other hand, was a breeze...got induced, she was born in less than 3 hours, 100% healthy. :)

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise?
    I work Monday through Thursday, so during the week I head to the gym in the window of time after my daughter goes to school and before I go to work. I go on Fridays and Sundays during the day, and I take a belly dance class on Saturdays.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit?
    I wasn't happy with my body anymore and figured it was time to change that. :D
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    1.) I have four beautiful blondies; Ian - 8, Kyler - 6, Kaydence - 4, and Killian - 2
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? We would like to have one more but that is up to the Lord and where he chooses to lead our family!
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? I actually had terrible pregnancies and am very fortunate that God let me keep two out of the four children because it is a miracle that they survived! I am in the best shape of my life so I have high hopes that if I ever did get pregnant again it would be a much different experience.
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? In the morning immediately after dropping my two oldest at school and my daughter at pre-k. Occasionally I work out at home if I cant make it to the gym but my gym has childcare so that makes, making time a bit easier.
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? My main motivation to be fit is myself, I have lived my entire life feeling like I was less than and was lacking because of my appearence. I finally decided that I was worth it. I gave my heart, body, and soul to God and I have come a long ways. My second motivation is for my children I never want them to experience the hardships associated with being overweight and I knew that my example would be key to their own physical development. They dont deserve to be raised by a mother who hates herself! Furthermore, life is already hard and there is no reason to add insult to injury. Third, I am doing this for my marriage, I want to feel good about myself so that I am free to love and be loved by my husband. Living in shame of your own body is detrimental to a marriage regardless of how your partner feels.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im Angela, mom of 3 boys

1.)3 boys, Elijah is 6, Aydon will be 4 in Nov, and Caisen will be 3 in Nov.
    2.) its in discution, we arent trying for another, but we arnt not trying lol, what ever happens happens, but if I do have anouther, it will be my last for sure
    3.) My pregnancys were pretty easy, except all my kids wear early, 1st was 2 1/2 weeks early, 2nd was 4 weeks early, and 3rd tried to come 5 weeks early but they stopped my labor and he came 3 1/2 weeks early, and in my 3rd pregnancy I developed severe Vertigo, its not bad now, I still have it occationaly, but it was realy bad during pregnancy, and with my first 2. I didnt even know I was in labor lol, it was nothing like ive ever heard of and even the nurses couldnt believe I was hardly in any pain, but my 3rd was so painful lol.
    4.) I exercise 4 days a week when the little ones are napping and I try to go for a jog 3 days a week when my hubby is home
    5.) I want to be thin for once, I want to look hot for my hubby and I want to feel better about myself, I was never realy big, just about 15lbs over weight, but I was obsessed about how fat I felt so Im finaly fixing it
  • elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1.) I have two. My daughter will be 14 on the 9th of Sept. and I have an 11 year old son
    2.) No more kids
    3.) Both pregnancy and delivery were great.
    4.) I exercise in the morning after I drop off the kids at school.
    5.) I want to get back into my skinny jeans without having the horrible dreaded muffin top. :\ and Halloween is around the corner and would love to look good in the batgirl costume I bought two years ago and never wore.
    anyone can add me. Trying to make more friends, we all need the motivation!!
    :)
  • MER1982
    MER1982 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish) 1 daughter who turns 1 tomorrow :)
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? yes, one more for sure, possibly 2 more
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Unbelieveably easy!
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? In the morning before work, or a few days after work
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? Look better in close, be a good example to my daughter
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. :)
    I'm Lisa. I'm a 25 year old single mommy. Anyone is welcome to add me. :)

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    I have one. Her name is Ava Lillian and she just turned 2 at the beginning of August.

Perhaps. I'm not closed to the idea, but I refuse to do the single mommy to two. Plus, I'd have to find someone to have sex with in order to get pregnant. So maybe after I graduate school. :P

Pregnancy was alright. No major issues. Stress brought on by baby daddy leaving and the drama he brought.
    Delivery was... well it happened. I was in labor for 31 hours. I tried to get an epidural after being bullied by my doctor. They failed 17 times. My back looked like a pin cushion. I ended up making them stop so I could push. Almost an hour of pushing and she was born, drug free. :)

I strap her in the stroller and just go. She loves to ride. Or we go swimming.

I wanna live a long life to watch her grow. I wanna play with her. and not just watch from the sidelines. But mainly I wanna look good naked. :P
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the mommies,
    My children are now young adults. I have 5 Kids, 2 are identical 24yr old twins boys: Anthony w/1 daugher Naomi & one on the way & Andrew has one on the way & they're both married, Shawntay is 23 yrs. old, married w/ 3 yr. old identical twin girls Ava & Eva, Patrick is 21 & Jamika is 20 yrs. old, married w/ a son Kendell & 1 on the way. (both patrick & Jamika are in the Army)

Absolutely not! Got enough kids & grandkids to last me the rest of my life (w/more to come I'm sure)

With the twins I had an emergency C-section & they 2lbs 12 oz ea. preemies. As for the rest I had vaginally & 1 w/o an epidural. (tubes tied after last pregnancy) TMI?

First thing in the morning after I have dropped my FH off at the bus transit around 5 am.

My health, I don't want to be on BP meds. Not to mention I am planning a wedding next year & would like to look like myself before I gained all this weight over the last 5+ yrs.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?
    I have one son who will be 10 in November.

I don't see any more kids in my future. Because I already have one child with Down syndrome, my risk of having another is higher than even a women in her forties. I just turned 30 and I'm not even seeing anyone, so by the time I'd be at a comfortable place in a relationship to consider having more children, I'd be at least 35 and my son would be 15, so that doesn't seem like a great idea. I've always wanted to adopt though, and I would prefer to adopt a child rather than an infant, so I suppose that's a still an option.

Great, and not great. I didn't have any morning sickness or cravings, but I did get pretty gnarly heartburn and had an aversion to cheese that stuck. I didn't gain much weight because I wasn't eating very well, so the doctor thought that my son was undernourished and decided to do a c-section exactly one month before my due date. It was only after the delivery that they suspected Trisomy-21. I think it very likely that had he known, he would have recognized the growth pattern being related to the disorder, and not due to my eating habits and we could have gone to term, but I'm kind of grateful that I didn't have to go through a painful delivery. I know everyone knows someone who had a terrible recovery, but mine was sensational. I could run up the five flights of stairs to the NICU to visit my baby when he was 4 days old. He stayed in the NICU for 5 weeks, primarily because he did not develop the "Suck-Swallow-Breath" instinct to be able to eat without exhausting himself, so he took formula through an NG tube. Finally I got tired of him being there, so I asked them to teach me to use the equipment and they let me take him home. He was off of it in a week, so I guess he was ready too.

I've gone through periods where I do it in the morning (hoping to start that again tomorrow, as I joined a 30 Day Shred group that begins Sept 1), but currently I do it after my son goes to bed. I love to sleep in, and I work full time and eat lunch in my office because it's too far to drive home. When we get home, there's too much to do to get dinner done to work out, so I wait until after we've eaten and everything else and before I try to work out. Sometimes it backfires because I'm tired, but some is better than none!

Honestly, terrible body image. I can't stand the sight of myself. But my current healthy habits have been going on for about 8 weeks, and I'm feeling like it's becoming a routine and I feel good, so that's becoming the stronger motivation. I'm happy so I'll keep doing what I'm doing!
  • mapetry
    mapetry Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 38 wih (2) kids Boy 6 and Girl 2

No - boy / girl / done

Perfect pregnancies - was elathier then than I think I have ever been. The first was an emergency C section with lots of complications and the second was a planned C Section - much easier..

I go to a Cross Fit Class every morning from 6 - 7 am. I have a WONDERFUL huaband who gets up and gets the kids ready and off to school. ( we both work FT)

The feel better, have more energy and be able to do more outdoorsey stuff with the family without huffing and puffing after the first 10 minutes..
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

1. My twins will be 4 in November.
    2. I don't plan on having any more kids at this point in time. Never say never though.
    3. My pregnancy was extremely difficult. I was on complete bedrest from 19 weeks on. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks prior to delivering (a month early) and was in for another week a couple of weeks after delivery. I suffered from uncontrolled hypertension. Delivery was also very difficult. I had a c-section, but lost a lot of blood on the table. Instead of a transfusion, they pumped me full of water, which didn't help my hypertension. I was a sick girl for a very long time. Two days after delivery, I was informed that both of my children had Cystic Fibrosis.
    4. I work a full-time job, so I fit in exercise, after dinner & before the kids bedtime. I like for them to SEE me exercise so that they know and understand that it's important. They love to watch me box, and I have my own cheering section :)
    5. My main motivation is to uplift myself. To have more confidence and to have a better respect and love for myself. I also want to encourage and inspire my children (who have CF) to exercise, because it's very important for them to be healthy and fit.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? Noah 13 and Fiona 5-1/2

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? NO, my uterus is closed for business.

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? 1st was fast 4 hours start to finish, 2nd was c-section because she was breeched, she came a week before the scheduled delivery date.

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? early morning, when they are back in school I'll have more time.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? ME, I didn't want to be overweight when I turn 40.
  • booksavvybabe
    booksavvybabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm Heather, aka Book Savvy Babe-

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? I have 2 young boys, ages 4 (Jeremiah) and 7 (Micah)

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? Nope, I have 2 happy, healthy boys and I'm sticking with them!

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Hahaha, NOT GOOD- my first son weighed close to 9lbs (i'm 5'4') and had to be vaccuumed out after 17 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing, my second was a c-section because the first one did so much damage (part of why no more pregnancy and delivery for me)

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? I exercise mostly in the morning after my kids go to school, summer was crazy, with the kids home I didn't get much exercise in. My youngest is in pre-school and he comes to the gym with me on occasion, but it's easier to workout on a schedule of sorts, so I do much better when school is in session

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? Fitting into my clothes, liking my pictures, being able to keep up with the kids and participate in all sorts of fun activities- it's a combination of motivations for me
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a four-year-old daughter, Cesia, and an eight-month-old son, Ari.

No, two is plenty.

First was an unplanned C-section that, in spite of its being unplanned, was a piece of cake. Labor was not fun. But I've mostly forgotten it by now. The second was a planned C-section. I hated my OB for the second pregnancy. I wish I had had the guts to fire him but I didn't. He joked around during the surgery and a week later I had a life-threatening hemorrhage. Coincidence? First thing he said when he came to see me in the hospital getting all the donor blood was, "Why did you do this to me?" a**.

I try to take the kids to the gym daycare 1 to 3 times a week but it's hit or miss if I'll get the whole workout in due to baby tantrums. I make an effort to go on my husband's days off so I can be kid-free. Bought a Fitbit so I've been walking more on purpose.

My father died when he was 43 years old of a heart attack. The saying is, "genetics loads the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger." I can't do much about my family's propensity to heart disease, but I can definitely do something about my inactive lifestyle. I want to be around for my kids. It was hard enough losing a parent when I was nearly grown (17 years old). There's still so much left to do.
  • staceface519
    Options
    Just call me Stace or Stace Face :)

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? My daughter Ryan - 2 and a half....

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? If i ever get married, im a single mom....id like a boy, at least 1 more child

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? not bad, morning sickness for 3 months. . . all led up to an emergency c-section when i was in labor for 13 hours. . .her cord was around her neck and when my water broke it was merconium (sp??)

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? on my break at work or i chase after her to get in my exercise. . .

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? my health. . i have 2 types of cancer, diabetes and a gall bladder problem. . id like to be around to see my daughter grow up as well as get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I want to have a happy, healthy, full life. And fitting into a size 5/6 wouldnt hurt!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?
    I have one son who will be 10 in November.

I don't see any more kids in my future. Because I already have one child with Down syndrome, my risk of having another is higher than even a women in her forties. I just turned 30 and I'm not even seeing anyone, so by the time I'd be at a comfortable place in a relationship to consider having more children, I'd be at least 35 and my son would be 15, so that doesn't seem like a great idea. I've always wanted to adopt though, and I would prefer to adopt a child rather than an infant, so I suppose that's a still an option.

Great, and not great. I didn't have any morning sickness or cravings, but I did get pretty gnarly heartburn and had an aversion to cheese that stuck. I didn't gain much weight because I wasn't eating very well, so the doctor thought that my son was undernourished and decided to do a c-section exactly one month before my due date. It was only after the delivery that they suspected Trisomy-21. I think it very likely that had he known, he would have recognized the growth pattern being related to the disorder, and not due to my eating habits and we could have gone to term, but I'm kind of grateful that I didn't have to go through a painful delivery. I know everyone knows someone who had a terrible recovery, but mine was sensational. I could run up the five flights of stairs to the NICU to visit my baby when he was 4 days old. He stayed in the NICU for 5 weeks, primarily because he did not develop the "Suck-Swallow-Breath" instinct to be able to eat without exhausting himself, so he took formula through an NG tube. Finally I got tired of him being there, so I asked them to teach me to use the equipment and they let me take him home. He was off of it in a week, so I guess he was ready too.

I've gone through periods where I do it in the morning (hoping to start that again tomorrow, as I joined a 30 Day Shred group that begins Sept 1), but currently I do it after my son goes to bed. I love to sleep in, and I work full time and eat lunch in my office because it's too far to drive home. When we get home, there's too much to do to get dinner done to work out, so I wait until after we've eaten and everything else and before I try to work out. Sometimes it backfires because I'm tired, but some is better than none!

Honestly, terrible body image. I can't stand the sight of myself. But my current healthy habits have been going on for about 8 weeks, and I'm feeling like it's becoming a routine and I feel good, so that's becoming the stronger motivation. I'm happy so I'll keep doing what I'm doing!
    I have friends that are identical twins and they had kids 3 months apart and both have downs syndrom, and then one just had another son also with Downs, and then they found out that there is an 80% chance any child they have will have Downs, its got to be so hard but man I want to still all 3 kids, they are so adorable and loving.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    1. I have two children Harlow (5) and Yohan (21 months) - no more children, we're happy with our pair!

2. Both of my pregnancies were high risks and c-sections due to age (not by choice of getting pregnant at a later age but we were
    just not blessed in our earlier time)

3. I wake up at 5 am and do variety from kickboxing, running and light weights (it was rough but I gotten so used to it) that was my time while everyone's asleep. My husband helps me get the kids ready every morning.

4. Most importantly I want to enjoy and live longer and healthy life for me and my family. I want to be an active and fit mom and hot for my husband.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

You can call me Moody :happy:

I have one little boy, Jordison, who will be 3 in December.
    I'm not sure about more kids yet. We may have one more in the future but right now we are enjoying our little guy.
    My pregnancy was typical - delivery was 33 hours. My water broke but I didn't have contractions so they had to start them.
    I typically work 6a to 230p from home - and exercise around 3 or so in the afternoon. Typically my son naps, but if he doesn't he'll try to exercise too.
    I want to be healthy and tone and set a great example for my kid.