WTF????

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ARBY'S!

But seriously, get the same wrap wthout the ranch peppercorn dressing and you instantly chop out most of the fat and a ton of calories. That's how I eat it. Cut out the bacon and you can drop the fat and calories even more.

But this is 'Merica! Love bacon.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    2417baef-0d41-4e13-ad5b-25ba50102466.jpg
  • dawten
    dawten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Agreed.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ARBY'S!

But seriously, get the same wrap wthout the ranch peppercorn dressing and you instantly chop out most of the fat and a ton of calories. That's how I eat it. Cut out the bacon and you can drop the fat and calories even more.

But this is 'Merica! Love bacon.

:flowerforyou:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean.. I was a bit surprised to see how many calories are actually in food at the fast food places. The food you think probably wouldn't have THAT much calories because it's so small, actually does. No wonder why I've been overweight almost all of my life!
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I work for a dr and I can't control what place we eat at all the time, but I can control what I eat. It takes less than 10 minutes to go on a site and figure up a decent meal that's within the calorie range that you want it to be. I've ate from Panera for under 100 calories and the food was awesome. You just have to get used to substituting things and being 'that' person when it's time to place your order.

and salads are evil.... the calories and fat in some innocent looking salads freak me out. I never order salads unless I know what the NI is on them first.
  • Logan819
    Options
    When I go out to eat with the kids at a fast food place, they usually have their nutritional menu hanging up on the wall. I look at that before I order and it's usually a half salad! Good luck!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Exactly. If you eat out, you sometimes have to eat something plain...or work out more later. Or forget it and stay fat. Eat up.

But ... why would you order just a wrap? With nothing on it? Weird.

Anyway, I've managed to drop quite a bit of weight and still enjoy a good meal out every once in a while. It's all about calorie management.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Bacon is the devil. All pork is.

If bacon is wrong, I don't wanna be right.....

^^ Word... Eat all the baconz!!!

sYpwT.jpg

I think I love you. :flowerforyou:
  • jeffnjack
    Options
    I see you're fairly new at this site, as am I. Keep a thick skin when posting. Some people seem to forget this is a place of learning & I do believe you got Quite the EDUCATION!! LOL There really is a ton of information to help you. I noticed a division among the community ... those who want to cut calories and those that want to eat healthier while cutting calories. Nothing wrong with either choice but deciding for yourself which arena your in will make it easier for you to follow the advice given here. Wish you the best.:bigsmile:
  • Karhyn
    Karhyn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    LOL! I know what you mean! Anytime Ihave to eat fast food, unfortunately, I always opt for a salad with limited dressing. And we wonder why so many folks are overweight??? Eating healthy is not only expensive, it's very time consuming. Hang in there! :smile:

A head of lettuce isn't all that expensive...

I sincerely realized that since I am eating healthier, planned meals, I am saving money big time! Yes, it takes time to prepare and cook, but cost wise, it's cheaper on a lot of aspect.

Lunch: Mixed greens, raw veggies, can of tuna and some homeade dressing and a fat free yogurt for dessert...I can have a healthy meal for less than 3-4$ or I can go to Mcdonalds and have a big mac meal for 7$
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Only read OP. Plan ahead if you know you are going somewhere and fit the extra calories in by eating less at other meals.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    sYpwT.jpg
    wha somone said something i was stairing at the bacon sorrie
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    I do 1 of 3 things - -

1. I check the nutritional information while Im there

2. I have things altered or removed - cheese and sauces really throw things up, stick to grilled rather than fried, Ill use maybe half the bread, or I look for the salads

3. I prepare myself for possibly 2 workouts that day

Yup! That's exactly what I do too!
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/7676/2

I'm pretty sure you can see for yourself that bacon has pretty much no nutritional value, but it does taste good from time to time.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/7676/2

I'm pretty sure you can see for yourself that bacon has pretty much no nutritional value, but it does taste good from time to time.

It's got fat and protein. I'm quite sure those are necessary.