Options

Replies

• Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hmm .. I will have to try that one ; )
  • erussell
    Options
    Very fast to make for breakfast- scoop cottage cheese, stir in cup of fav light yogurt. Also good with any kind of fruit, or with sliced tomatoes. I think I need to use it more- thanks for all the ideas!
  • PrincessChubbyBunny
    Options
    This cottage cheese recipe is one that is more of a treat although we like it for breakfast.

500 ml of non fat cottage cheese
    500 ml of cool-whip free
    1 pkg of sugar free jello powder in the flavour of your choice
    Lots of fruit (if its canned then you must drain it)

Let it sit in the fridge for an hour and it stiffens a little but you can eat it right away if you are that hungry. :)

WE LOVE THIS!!!

We call it Chocolate Surprise.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I like to dip them in saltines or matza if you have that.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese Pancakes
    2c of Cottage Cheese
    1/2c of whole wheat flour
    4 eggs

Beat together in a bowl, and brown on a griddle just like normal pancakes. Makes 8 pancakes.
    Healthy, delicious!

100cal
    2.9g fat
    95.8mg cholesterol
    257.3 mg sodium
    7.5g carbs
    10.5g protein
  • TraceySmiles4U
    Options
    I never knew you can do so many things with cottage cheese. I will have to try some of these as I have only recently started to like cottage cheese with pineapple.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I top it with berries and a drizzle of honey. The combination of sweet and salty is lovely!
  • iammomx4
    iammomx4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Use it as a dip for blue corn chips or other tortilla chips. Super yummy!
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This sounds disgusting, but I use it place of cheese in mexican dishes alot. Melted on tortilla chips with salsa verde and some shredded chicken is so gooood.
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh and on top of a baked potato! Love it!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Pam's Cottage Cheese Marinara (from the Biggest Loser Cookbook)

This looks quite interesting, maybe for a lunch.

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    2 1/2 tbps finely shredded low fat mozz cheese
    1/2 cup low fat, low sugar, low sodium marinara sauce

In a small, microwaveable bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and sauce. Stir to mix. Microwave on medium power for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the mozzarella is melted and the mixture is hot. Serve immediately.

Makes 1 serving: Per serving: 146 calories, 18 g protein, 14 g carbs, 2 g fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 615 mg sodium.
  • lilshorde56
    Options
    i like cottage cheese with apples and cinnamon...but i only but the friendship lowfat 1% cottage cheese NO SALT ADDED!
  • TJFreeman
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of these ideas! Now I'm craving cottage cheese! :smile:
  • rlslpn
    rlslpn Posts: 5
    Options
    I use cottage cheese with my families favorite spegetti sauce that I make with tons of veggies. You don't even miss the noodles. Top it with low fat parmisian and you have got one healthy, filling, high protein meal. Also I mix 1/2 cup cottage cheese with pineapple with 3 tbs pancake mix (whole wheat), 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/8 tsp baking soda, 2 tbs sugar free lemon pudding and 2 tbs sugar free orange marmilade, blend together and cook like any other pancake. Serve either with warmed orange marmalaid or sugar free syrup. YYYYYYYYYYYYuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy!!!!
  • rlslpn
    rlslpn Posts: 5
    Options
    One other way i eat it is mixed with salsa and served with baked tortilla chips!! Yummy
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites:

Mix vege chorizo with steamed vegetables, heat over low heat until chorizo is hot. serve over brown rice with cottage cheese on top. YUM!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Here is one for a spinach casserole. I served it at a party and only a few people tried it at first, but then they started asking for the recipe and soon it was all gone:

2 boxes frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
    16 oz cottage cheese
    3 egg whites (or egg substitute)
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Mix the first 3 ingredients and spoon in to a 9X9 (or similar) pan. Top with parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
  • getnfit2day
    getnfit2day Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and manderine oranges - yummy! Definelty going to try the cottage cheese, cool whip, jello, drained pineapple and thrown on the pecans....sounds good!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I got these two recipes (not really recipes but ideas) from Dr. Oz's Real Age website...They are both yummy!

Fruity Cottage Cheese
    3/4 Cup low Fat Cottage Cheese
    Top with:
    1/2 Banana sliced
    5 strawberries sliced
    2 Tbs walnuts chopped

English Muffin W/Cottage Cheese

Toast 1 whole wheat english muffin
    Top each half with:
    2 Tbs low fat cottage cheese
    Drizzle with honey
    Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.

These two recipes make a great "filling" breakfast.
    Enjoy!
    :)
  • col0825
    col0825 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I add it on top of a tossed salad instead of salad dressing. Add a dash of salt and pepper and a sprinkle of dill. Yum it makes a fresh and filling meal.:love: